Clear All

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    Retail jobs are unsafe for sisters.

You get all sorts of weird people and marriage proposals.¬*
    What do you mean unsafe

Comment

Originally posted by M230DX View Post

What do you mean unsafe
      Stalkers. Unwanted attention. That kind of thing. 

Comment

east london

i wouldnt have guessed that she worked there until she approached and asked if she could help etc
        'Ajeeb..I've only heard about niqabis working at call centers where I live..

Comment

Stalkers. Unwanted attention. That kind of thing.¬*
          that is really weird.. cant a woman just do her job and not have stalkers and whatnot?

Comment

that is really weird.. cant a woman just do her job and not have stalkers and whatnot?
            Guess not? 

Comment

Guess not?¬*
              I would like to think that these cases of stalkers and whatnot are in the minority.

Where I am, you will see hijabis working as receptionists, teachers, retail people etc. I'm sure the vast majority would get by fine without unnecessary attention... at least I would assume so

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

'Ajeeb..I've only heard about niqabis working at call centers where I live..
                Well, they definitely do a lot more. In fact, I was a client for a niqabi sister who worked at a different type of job (not going to say anymore or reveal more details)

And she was helpful and went the extra mile to help all her clients. However, one time when i was at the office, i saw one of her clients get angry and the client said stuff about her before someone had to come in and take her out. I wonder if she gets that quite a bit, who knows. But fortunately, most of her clients are muslim women so she gets on well with them and doesnt have any problems

Comment

Did you manage to get it back?¬*

Have you looked into PeoplePerHour? Online jobs?¬*

Or you can tutor kids at home, in English/Maths or even Qur'an/Islamic studies?¬*

What about babysitting?¬*
                  I called but the employee said i would need to check when the manager is next in, so not yet

I am looking at childcare courses/teaching assistant as i think this is the only environment i will feel safe working in.

what is people per hour?

Comment

I know of a lot of sisters who have taken the route of setting up their own businesses from home using their hobbies/interests/talents - cooking for her local people who don't have time, can't cook, don't want to cook, etc. Selling jewellery, clothes, abayas, scarves, ethnic clothes, sweets, gift hampers, cakes, food, Islamic gifts, personalised clothing/items, Islamic art/calligraphy, Islamic books, Islamic things for kids, some sisters are authors, graphic designers and freelance writers... a lot seem to be doing well. With Du'a, effort and determination. And some advertising/networking using social platforms. Allahumma barik lahunna

Oh and a secret/not-secret: Salah (on time, as working outside can mess that up), Qur'an, Du'a and Sadaqah!

I know a sister, just this Ramadhan gone, she gave an amount of her profits to charity and she got almost 200% of it back - gifted to her on Eid! And Allah is the best of providers! Wallahu Khayrur-Raaziqeen.

Comment

Stalkers and undue attention: I don't think it's a minority thing... I think a significant amount of sisters get unwanted attention. Some just ignore it/don't tell people/realise staying at home is better.

(By the way, even in childcare/TA, you'll have some men working in those areas...)

Comment

Sister Boss - why not be your own BOSS?! :)

I vote be a Boss-Sister!

Also, if you can come up with something that can be a Sadaqah Jaariyah (on going good deed/s, benefitting even after death) - then even better!

May Allah open for you a way and make it easy, ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahma. View Post

I vote be a Boss-Sister!

Also, if you can come up with something that can be a Sadaqah Jaariyah (on going good deed/s, benefitting even after death) - then even better!

¬*
                          I second this postive message..Be the BOSS you are meant to be :) If one door closes, remember Allah has better plans for you sis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahma. View Post

I vote be a Boss-Sister!

¬*
                            ;) this made me smile lool, ameen

This is reALLY the best solution, i will really work towards this inshaAllah and be my own BOSS

Comment

Originally posted by Boss View Post

I called but the employee said i would need to check when the manager is next in, so not yet

I am looking at childcare courses/teaching assistant as i think this is the only environment i will feel safe working in.

what is people per hour?
                              PeoplePerHour - Google it. It should come up.

If you have any skills, then you can get jobs based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by lunar View Post
                                I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. However, you may need to consider the employer's situation. The customer may find it unsettling been dealt with a salesperson who is veiled.
                                Did you inform the employer that you wear a veil? It may be a good idea to inform them.
                                I do not know of many employment prospects for women who are completely veiled.
                                Misfortune? Actually she's fortunate.
                                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                                X