X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
    So many to the point where there is literally, no doubt, not even one doubt in my mind that every dua I make will be answered.

Literally, like where do I start?
    I'll give you a recent one: So I applied for this post-grad course recently and one of the requirements is that we must take a Maths test, and an English test to be able to get onto the course.
    I prayed that My Lord would make it 'effortless and easy for me' and truly it was. The key to prayer I have found, and if you listen to me with this you'll never go wrong is to: drop all control, and EGO. Just state what you want, with earnestness and eagerness, and just ACT as though your prayer is already answered. That doesn't mean coming back to God continuously and saying the same thing BECAUSE you feel that your prayer the first time has not been answered. Rather, if you make the prayer again, you go back just to re-instate with earnestness, and belief in what you want.

Literally, there's too many incidents where things which were so outside of my control have happened in miraculous ways.
    The key like I said is to surrender to the will of God in your asking. Don't ask for money, and say I want it ONLY from such and such ways. You can do that, but you must keep your heart open to receiving that blessing through other means too.
    Like for instance, one time, I was about 18, and this one really gave me goosebumps. At the time, I needed to pay rent, and at the time I didn't have
    any money to even buy food. So I just cupped my hands together, and prayed, with belief and certainty that my prayer had been heard. As I was sitting there, LITERALLY right after like seconds after, something told me to check my bank balance, my online bank balance. Lo and behold, a mysterious £400+ (in excess to what I needed) appeared in my bank account. Completely unexpected income, I was not expecting it at all, and guess what it turned out to be money that came in from the people owning the property I was in and they realised they hadn't payed me so they had back-dated my payment and put it into my account.

There's so much more, but I kid you not, when you want something and you PERSIST in your wanting of that thing, and you make a heartfelt prayer to God. You will always be heard.
    There's actually zero fraction of doubt in my mind. People don't believe me, but they're always shocked when I tell them things that I prayed for and got exactly as I wanted.
    Ma sha Allah sis, awesome post xxx I feel really motivated by it x

Leave a comment:

• Haroon123
    replied
    Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
    So many to the point where there is literally, no doubt, not even one doubt in my mind that every dua I make will be answered.

I'll give you a recent one: So I applied for this post-grad course recently and one of the requirements is that we must take a Maths test, and an English test to be able to get onto the course.
    I prayed that My Lord would make it 'effortless and easy for me' and truly it was. The key to prayer I have found, and if you listen to me with this you'll never go wrong is to: drop all control, and EGO. Just state what you want, with earnestness and eagerness, and just ACT as though your prayer is already answered. That doesn't mean coming back to God continuously and saying the same thing BECAUSE you feel that your prayer the first time has not been answered. Rather, if you make the prayer again, you go back just to re-instate with earnestness, and belief in what you want.

Literally, there's too many incidents where things which were so outside of my control have happened in miraculous ways.
    The key like I said is to surrender to the will of God in your asking. Don't ask for money, and say I want it ONLY from such and such ways. You can do that, but you must keep your heart open to receiving that blessing through other means too.
    Like for instance, one time, I was about 18, and this one really gave me goosebumps. At the time, I needed to pay rent, and at the time I didn't have
    any money to even buy food. So I just cupped my hands together, and prayed, with belief and certainty that my prayer had been heard. As I was sitting there, LITERALLY right after like seconds after, something told me to check my bank balance, my online bank balance. Lo and behold, a mysterious £400+ (in excess to what I needed) appeared in my bank account. Completely unexpected income, I was not expecting it at all, and guess what it turned out to be money that came in from the people owning the property I was in and they realised they hadn't payed me so they had back-dated my payment and put it into my account.

There's so much more, but I kid you not, when you want something and you PERSIST in your wanting of that thing, and you make a heartfelt prayer to God. You will always be heard.
    There's actually zero fraction of doubt in my mind. People don't believe me, but they're always shocked when I tell them things that I prayed for and got exactly as I wanted.
    Sub han Allah, this is actually beautiful. You've motivated me to make dua today, Alhamdullilah. May Allah reward you

Leave a comment:

• UmmAbdulMalik
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied

​​​​​​
    (Yawmul Jumu'ah tomorrow inshaa'Allah... Would be useful to recite Surah Al Kahf and think over Sayyidunaa Musa (as) and the encounter with Khidr (as) that Allah Ta'alaa encouraged us through His Rasool, Sallalahu alayhi wasallam, to read each week.)
    Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 13-06-19, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Haroon123
    replied
    Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
    OkÂ*

fr i can send you something that is truly amazing if u likeÂ*
    Sure

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Originally posted by Haroon123 View Post

Jazakullah, you dont know how much this helped me. May Allah reward you infinitely.
    Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied
    Ok 

fr i can send you something that is truly amazing if u like 

Leave a comment:

• islamlife00
    replied
    Alhamdulillah many of my duas are granted. Duas for shifaa, for protection, for rizq, all of them are granted.

Make sure your dua doesn't ask for what is forbidden. Â*Be patient, Allah knows what is best for us and when is best to grant your dua
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
    The supplication of the servant is granted in case he does not supplicate for sin or for severing the ties of blood, or he does not become impatient. It was said: Allah's Messenger, what does:" If he does not grow impatient" imply? He said: That he should say like this: I supplicated and I supplicated but I did not find it being responded. and theu he becomes frustrated and abandons supplication. (Sahih Muslim)
    Jubair bin Nufair narrated that `Ubadah bin As-Samit narrated to them that, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    “There is not a Muslim upon the earth who calls upon Allah with any supplication, except that Allah grants it to him, or he turns away from him the like of it in evil; as long as he does not supplicate for something sinful, or the severing of the ties of kinship.” So a man from the people said: “What if we should increase (in it)” He (ﷺ) said: “(With) Allah is more.” (Jami'at Tirmidhi)

I also supplicate for all muslims what I supplicate for myself , for example : asking Allah to grant my dua and dua of all muslims, if it is better.
    Abu Al-Darda' said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: When a Muslim supplicates for his absent brother the angels say: Amin, and may you receive the like. (Sunan Abi Dawud)

Also be cautious of your words and actions, do not hurt other people, or they will make dua against you. We all err and sin, but if you are cautious, InshaAllah you have less to worry about.Â*
    Ibn 'Abbas narrated:
    "The Messenger of Allah sent Mu'adh [bin Jabal] to Yemen, and said: 'Beware of the supplication of the oppressed; for indeed there is no barrier between it and Allah.' (Jami'at-Tirmidhi)

Do a lot of good deeds, avoid haram, ask forgiveness often.

May Allah make it easy for you

Last edited by islamlife00; 11-06-19, 12:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Haroon123
    replied
    Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

Remember that dua is an act of worship. You are talking to Allah swt and He is hearing you.

Dua is not always about getting what you want. You ask Allah swt and then have trust that Allah swt will give you what you asked for, give you something better or give you reward in the hereafter. We may think something is good for us and ask Allah swt for it but we don't have knowledge of the unseen and do not know why Allah swt is not giving us what we ask for. It could be what we ask for is actually harmful for us. We have to have faith and trust Allah swt. We do our bit by asking and leave the rest to Allah swt.

There are certain times when duas are accepted so do dua during those times too. That way you will be content with yourself that you have done all you can to ask Allah swt for your need. Have sabr aswell.

There was two friends who had been married for some years and both did not have children and wished to have children. Anyway during a time when dua is accepted I was making dua and them friends came to mind so I made dua they are blessed with children. When I would see them friends I did not tell them about making dua for them. Anyway some months later one of the friend told me me she is a few months pregnant. She was suprised in a sense but then had the belief nothing is impossible when Allah swt wills it it happens. She also said something along the lines of wondering whose dua got accepted. I really do believe my dua for her got accepted.

I always used to pray my parents get to do Hajj and that dua of mine got accepted.

Was going to have blood test done and Dr wanted to test for another thing too. I was worried about what the results would be. Made dua for results to be ok and alhumdulillah they came back all fine.

One time I applied for some jobs (years ago). There was one place I really wanted to work (made dua to get the job there) but did not get that job. Anyway few days later another vacancy came up and that was at a much better place. I thought I would not get it but applied anyway. Made dua and got it alhumdulillah.

Do not loose hope or despair the mercy of Allah swt. It is shaitan who wants us to be hopeless and would rejoice if we stop worshipping Allah swt. Dua is a form ibadah. Allah swt even accepted Iblis request of respite until the Day of Judgement. Remember Allah swt is merciful.

(My advice to you is also a reminder to myself).
    Jazakullah, you dont know how much this helped me. May Allah reward you infinitely.

Leave a comment:

• FKY
    replied
    My family got into a pretty serious confrontation recently where I made a dua asking Allah for help, within a couple of hours things got sorted better than they were before. I was pretty shocked.

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Originally posted by Haroon123 View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,
    For those of us struggling to make dua, or struggling to find the motivation to make dua, I thought it would be a really good idea for us brothers and sisters to share some of our experiences of how Allah came to our aid and accepted our duas.
    Please share an insight, an experience or even some motivational comments which in sha Allah will benefit us all.
    JZK
    Remember that dua is an act of worship. You are talking to Allah swt and He is hearing you.

Dua is not always about getting what you want. You ask Allah swt and then have trust that Allah swt will give you what you asked for, give you something better or give you reward in the hereafter. We may think something is good for us and ask Allah swt for it but we don't have knowledge of the unseen and do not know why Allah swt is not giving us what we ask for. It could be what we ask for is actually harmful for us. We have to have faith and trust Allah swt. We do our bit by asking and leave the rest to Allah swt.

There are certain times when duas are accepted so do dua during those times too. That way you will be content with yourself that you have done all you can to ask Allah swt for your need. Have sabr aswell.

There was two friends who had been married for some years and both did not have children and wished to have children. Anyway during a time when dua is accepted I was making dua and them friends came to mind so I made dua they are blessed with children. When I would see them friends I did not tell them about making dua for them. Anyway some months later one of the friend told me me she is a few months pregnant. She was suprised in a sense but then had the belief nothing is impossible when Allah swt wills it it happens. She also said something along the lines of wondering whose dua got accepted. I really do believe my dua for her got accepted.

I always used to pray my parents get to do Hajj and that dua of mine got accepted.

Was going to have blood test done and Dr wanted to test for another thing too. I was worried about what the results would be. Made dua for results to be ok and alhumdulillah they came back all fine.

One time I applied for some jobs (years ago). There was one place I really wanted to work (made dua to get the job there) but did not get that job. Anyway few days later another vacancy came up and that was at a much better place. I thought I would not get it but applied anyway. Made dua and got it alhumdulillah.

Do not loose hope or despair the mercy of Allah swt. It is shaitan who wants us to be hopeless and would rejoice if we stop worshipping Allah swt. Dua is a form ibadah. Allah swt even accepted Iblis request of respite until the Day of Judgement. Remember Allah swt is merciful.

(My advice to you is also a reminder to myself).

Leave a comment:

• Haroon123
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Wa alaikum salaam,

I said the dua of yunus for this dua I was desperate for. It was to make my lil bro to listen to me about hanging around with bad friends.

I said the dua of yunus first because I read in one hadith that whoever says dua of yunus before a dua it will be accepted.

So I asked Allah to make my 15 year old lil bro to stop hanging around his silly friends and to do salaat and fast for ramadan. Alhamdulilah the dua was granted as soon as I finished saying it

We were arguing to leave his bad friends and he wouldn't let go of them at all, after I said the dua he immediately said he will leave those friends alone and i think on that day he started doing salaat regularly.

He is a much better boy now, lol.

All praise is due to Allah and I ask Allah to grant all of the OP's duas and grant him abundant good.
    Sub han Allah

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Another story - I did quite bad on coursework for one of my modules last year, it was really bad cos I couldn't finish the essay.

I had to bullet point the rest of the answers, even though the completed part was really good, according to the final feedback, sadly I couldn't finish it for some reason.

My mind just felt so blocked and I still had bad sihr issues on me.

The worst part is that I gave in this incomplete essay a week or 10 days late (can't remember). I applied for mitigating circumstances from the uni not to put grade penalties on the essay.

What is really interesting then is that I was at a bad point just in despair and sad a lot, so stopped making dua, cos I just felt whats the point, like I was sinking with issues.

But a few weeks before the exam results were released, I started making duas to pass. Finally I made dua after stopping for ages.

Then when I got my results, I found out the results were changed last minute, i think around the time I started making dua. They took off the penalties and gave me my original grade.

Had they put penalties on I would have failed the year - they even sent me an email they prepared before changing the grade saying that I will retake, but by then I had received my passing grades! They had planned to contact me about my options after failing....

BUT Allah is the Greatest Planner and dua is such a powerful thing!!!

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

yasir qadhi’s book dua the weapon of the believer is such a beautiful book, i really recommend everyone to read it.

I had someone close to me imprisoned & he was looking at a really hefty sentence (over 15 years) and even his solicitors said that it will never go down

i made lots of dua during the last thirds of the night asking Allah to drop the charge that he had against him and give him a lesser charge and to reduce his sentence

a week before his trial, the solicitor rang with some news - his charge had lessened allahu akbar! The solicitor was baffled and didn’t know how it happened, he kept saying he doesn’t know how it’s happened and he’s never seen a case like this before

he got sentenced and again it was nothing what we were initially expecting. My EXACT dua got answered allahu akbar
    Amazing subhanAllah sister ma sha Allah

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Wa alaikum salaam,

I said the dua of yunus for this dua I was desperate for. It was to make my lil bro to listen to me about hanging around with bad friends.

I said the dua of yunus first because I read in one hadith that whoever says dua of yunus before a dua it will be accepted.

So I asked Allah to make my 15 year old lil bro to stop hanging around his silly friends and to do salaat and fast for ramadan. Alhamdulilah the dua was granted as soon as I finished saying it

We were arguing to leave his bad friends and he wouldn't let go of them at all, after I said the dua he immediately said he will leave those friends alone and i think on that day he started doing salaat regularly.

He is a much better boy now, lol.

All praise is due to Allah and I ask Allah to grant all of the OP's duas and grant him abundant good.
    Subhanallah, allahu Akbar

Leave a comment:

Working...
X