X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied
    Originally posted by Kya View Post
    Masjid is like vacation where you leave your worldly affairs behind to focus on Allah
    I love your last line...its so true for those of us who hardly ever pray in a Masjid.

Its a shame I see so many brothers who feel completely indifferent about praying in the Masjid.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Morose View Post

So why did you address Mankind in one of your posts?¬*
    Funny..you know what I meant tho..stop playing..

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    Erm brothers exit my thread please..
    So why did you address Mankind in one of your posts? 

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied
    Nice to see people using son-lingo.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Erm brothers exit my thread please..

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied
    Dear sisters. How is your ibadah now that Ramadan has gone? Are you still keeping up with your prayers at night? Are you still asking Allah with the same eager you had during Ramadan? I heard a sheikh say, that the Rabb of Ramadan is also the Rabb of shawal. Allah still descends every night on the last third of the night subhanahu wa ta'la.

Ask yourself: O mankind, what has deceived you concerning your Lord, the Generous?
    Let's not divert the thread now.

Only one word replies to random posts for now.

You can come with your topic later... or just make a thread yeesh.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post

Typical.
    Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Sorry
    Typical.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Dear sisters. How is your ibadah now that Ramadan has gone? Are you still keeping up with your prayers at night? Are you still asking Allah with the same eager you had during Ramadan? I heard a sheikh say, that the Rabb of Ramadan is also the Rabb of shawal. Allah still descends every night on the last third of the night subhanahu wa ta'la.

Ask yourself: O mankind, what has deceived you concerning your Lord, the Generous?

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    You guys went off topic
    Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Allahumma baarik beautiful post sister Kya

Leave a comment:

• Kya
    replied
    Masjid any time of the day, such an amazing Iman boost. I pray at home 99% of the times, alone. The change in scene and listening to amazing hafiz recite the Quran beginning to end is amazing. As others said, masjid becomes alive that late at night & standing with our sisters in prayer makes me feel like I am part of a greater community & makes me want to be better Muslim. It makes Ramadan festive/spiritual to me. I am jealous that men get to experience this feeling everyday and I feel bad for man who are bored of masjid scene.

I also meet my mom there everyday which is amazing when you are married & don't live at home. It is also is somewhat romantic in my view to go to masjid with your husband together & to have him wait for you after salah outside & then talk about todays recitation during drive home. Great couple activity. I do agree, masjid can be intimidating for women who are shy and it can be loud and not the best place for long personalized dua. The loudness doesn't bother me because salah time everyone quiets down but I always pray in 1st or 2nd row out of 7+ rows. so I don't hear girls sitting in back chitchatting. When salah is not on going, the chatting can be super loud but its break time & Imam is most likely doing fundraising. It took me a while to feel comfortable to do long personalized dua or read Quran while the imam is fundraising or ladies are chitchatting or a baby is crying. Its my time in place of worship and no one is judging.

Yesterday was our kahtum tarawee & I was in tears the entire time. Truly felt like end of Ramadan & Quran leaving us. I know many women prefer doing Tarawee at home but the few days I skipped going to masjid, I found myself either shortening my prayer because I realize there is pill of laundry to do or some other chores should be done. Or I didn't get started until almost midnight, because I was busy doing house chores. I find it more distracting at home for long prayers. Masjid is like vacation where you leave your worldly affairs behind to focus on Allah

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
    The thing about home is like family might try give to you tasks or chores during the afternoon so you might have to shorten your salah.¬*

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    Maybe a chocolate biscuit. Or something.
    She knows what she's talking about :)

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Maybe a chocolate biscuit. Or something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X