Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Obviously I am grateful that I experienced going to mosque which had a separate section for women

It's nice but just prefer home, always have prayed home until after marriage when I wanted to see the mosque

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Home definitely
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Kaas
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    I love taraweeh at the masjid. Especially when it's a long prayer and the imam isn't reciting too fast. I love how the masjid becomes alive during the last nights and you see new and old faces. It's truly a lovely atmosphere. That being said, the women's section is always smaller, and we pray so close to each other, that it becomes uncomfortable. You can't even sit correctly, so it becomes harder to concentrate during prayer. Also there's a lot of loud chitchat going on. Some sisters have to be reminded several times not to disturb others. Because of these factors and a few others, I prefer to do ibadah at home. I wonder if the men face similar problems.
    Sis i always want to leave early because i want to find a good spot instead of being squeezed in sujood and my husband is so laidback and doesn't get why im rushing to leave because they always have space enough.... also i heared some girls in the masjid chatting and gigling while i tried to focus on salah... why are they even there if they wont pray i dont get that... 

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    I love taraweeh at the masjid. Especially when it's a long prayer and the imam isn't reciting too fast. I love how the masjid becomes alive during the last nights and you see new and old faces. It's truly a lovely atmosphere. That being said, the women's section is always smaller, and we pray so close to each other, that it becomes uncomfortable. You can't even sit correctly, so it becomes harder to concentrate during prayer. Also there's a lot of loud chitchat going on. Some sisters have to be reminded several times not to disturb others. Because of these factors and a few others, I prefer to do ibadah at home. I wonder if the men face similar problems.
    Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 01-06-19, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kaas
    replied
    I been going to the masjid with my husband these last 10 days and i really enjoy it because it gives a little emaan boost, but since the reward for woman is bigger at home it should be dearer to our hearts i suppose

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    Nawafil Ibadah are recommended to be done at home.

Narrated Ibn `Umar:
    Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Offer some of your prayers in your houses and do not make them graves."

--Sahih al-Bukhari 1187

​​​​​And this was said to the men. So, shouldn't it be more recommended for the women?

​​​​​​Also, there are other evidences that show the importance of doing Nawafil Ibadah at home: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2220...rayers-at-home
    Last edited by notEVOLVED; 01-06-19, 07:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

wallah I miss going to the masjid so much, my heart yearns for it. I’ve not been able to go for a couple of years as I’ve got small children.
    I had a chance to go to the masjid the other night for the first time in years but it would have meant getting an Uber there & back and so I decided against it due to how late prayers are

Praying at home has its benefits. When you’re all alone in the middle of the night, you can really feel that connection with Allah. There’s no distractions, you can pour your heart out to Allah and weep to Him in repentance & in a way that you may not feel comfortable doing in front of others in the masjid.
    There’s no risk of riya in your worship, you’re going at your own pace

So I would say that I prefer staying home during the nights of Ramadan.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    started a topic Ibadah in the masjid or at home..

Ibadah in the masjid or at home..

Assalamu alaykum dear sisters

Do you prefer the masjid or staying at home during the nights of Ramadan?

Working...
X