Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibadah in the masjid or at home..

Assalamu alaykum dear sisters

Do you prefer the masjid or staying at home during the nights of Ramadan?

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

wallah I miss going to the masjid so much, my heart yearns for it. I’ve not been able to go for a couple of years as I’ve got small children.
    I had a chance to go to the masjid the other night for the first time in years but it would have meant getting an Uber there & back and so I decided against it due to how late prayers are

Praying at home has its benefits. When you’re all alone in the middle of the night, you can really feel that connection with Allah. There’s no distractions, you can pour your heart out to Allah and weep to Him in repentance & in a way that you may not feel comfortable doing in front of others in the masjid.
    There’s no risk of riya in your worship, you’re going at your own pace

So I would say that I prefer staying home during the nights of Ramadan.
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Nawafil Ibadah are recommended to be done at home.

Narrated Ibn `Umar:
      Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Offer some of your prayers in your houses and do not make them graves."

--Sahih al-Bukhari 1187

​​​​​And this was said to the men. So, shouldn't it be more recommended for the women?

​​​​​​Also, there are other evidences that show the importance of doing Nawafil Ibadah at home: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2220...rayers-at-home
      Last edited by notEVOLVED; 01-06-19, 07:47 PM.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

I been going to the masjid with my husband these last 10 days and i really enjoy it because it gives a little emaan boost, but since the reward for woman is bigger at home it should be dearer to our hearts i suppose
        Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

I love taraweeh at the masjid. Especially when it's a long prayer and the imam isn't reciting too fast. I love how the masjid becomes alive during the last nights and you see new and old faces. It's truly a lovely atmosphere. That being said, the women's section is always smaller, and we pray so close to each other, that it becomes uncomfortable. You can't even sit correctly, so it becomes harder to concentrate during prayer. Also there's a lot of loud chitchat going on. Some sisters have to be reminded several times not to disturb others. Because of these factors and a few others, I prefer to do ibadah at home. I wonder if the men face similar problems.
          Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 01-06-19, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
            I love taraweeh at the masjid. Especially when it's a long prayer and the imam isn't reciting too fast. I love how the masjid becomes alive during the last nights and you see new and old faces. It's truly a lovely atmosphere. That being said, the women's section is always smaller, and we pray so close to each other, that it becomes uncomfortable. You can't even sit correctly, so it becomes harder to concentrate during prayer. Also there's a lot of loud chitchat going on. Some sisters have to be reminded several times not to disturb others. Because of these factors and a few others, I prefer to do ibadah at home. I wonder if the men face similar problems.
            Sis i always want to leave early because i want to find a good spot instead of being squeezed in sujood and my husband is so laidback and doesn't get why im rushing to leave because they always have space enough.... also i heared some girls in the masjid chatting and gigling while i tried to focus on salah... why are they even there if they wont pray i dont get that... 
            Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Home definitely
              ​​​​​​
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Obviously I am grateful that I experienced going to mosque which had a separate section for women

It's nice but just prefer home, always have prayed home until after marriage when I wanted to see the mosque
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I prefer home to the masjid as I get distracted easily :)
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

Sis i always want to leave early because i want to find a good spot instead of being squeezed in sujood and my husband is so laidback and doesn't get why im rushing to leave because they always have space enough.... also i heared some girls in the masjid chatting and gigling while i tried to focus on salah... why are they even there if they wont pray i dont get that...Â*
                    Yeah I wonder why they bother going to the masjid, if not to pray or read quran/dhikr. I've realised that the most comfortable spots is the first row in either ends. You only have one praying next to you on your right or left side and that means plenty of space to yourself :) Honesly speaking, one extra row would solve the problem lol
                    Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 03-06-19, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I think the only time I have prayed in a Masjid was in Saudi during Umrah.

I would like to be able to pray in a Masjid if I had the opportunity but I have never checked if any of my local masjids have a women's section.

Comment

I would not let my women folk go to the masjid unless they covered head to toe and even their eyes

coz brothers will stare at them so much

some brothers are weird aswell they will go to sisters randomly if they are seen on the street and propose to them right there
                        they dont even know if they are married or on iddah or single or not
                        Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 03-06-19, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                          ... covered head to toe and even their eyes

coz brothers will stare at them so much
                          How would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

How would that work?
                            Wear 2 layer niqaab
                            you can just flip the 2nd layer on and it covers the whole face including eyes
                            then flip it off so everything covered except eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Wear 2 layer niqaab
                              you can just flip the 2nd layer on and it covers the whole face including eyes
                              then flip it off so everything covered except eyes
                              what about sunglasses
                              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
                              X