X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squidster
    started a topic your opinion on this situation

your opinion on this situation

We pray jumma in a community hall that is rented by some brothers. About 150-200 people pray. However, sometimes more people turn up and to make space they chuck all shoes in a pile meaning about 200 pair of shoes are turned into mount everest. This leaves queues building when exiting the hall as everyone has to fight to find their shoes which is a nightmare. Some are really old people and some in wheelchair by themself which is even more problematic.

This jumma I got really annoyed and confronted 2 brothers angrily who did the same thing, turning up last min and making mount everest. I was so angry that I got them to put all the shoes back properly which meant people couldn't leave the mosque for a good 20mins.

Am I wrong?

• murad
    replied
    Originally posted by squidster View Post
    We pray jumma in a community hall that is rented by some brothers. About 150-200 people pray. However, sometimes more people turn up and to make space they chuck all shoes in a pile meaning about 200 pair of shoes are turned into mount everest. This leaves queues building when exiting the hall as everyone has to fight to find their shoes which is a nightmare. Some are really old people and some in wheelchair by themself which is even more problematic.

This jumma I got really annoyed and confronted 2 brothers angrily who did the same thing, turning up last min and making mount everest. I was so angry that I got them to put all the shoes back properly which meant people couldn't leave the mosque for a good 20mins.

Am I wrong?
    It must be annoying and frustrating to come out of a Mosque and find your shoes in a "pile of shoes".

There should be a special space allocated for shoes which nobody messes with, as with most mosques around the world.

So the problem is lack of space for shoes. There should be shoe shelves which dont actually take up that much space in one corner of the
    building or outside somewhere.

Bottom line never mess with a Mans:

1. Wife

2. Car

3. Shoes !

Your right to be angry but not at random members of the congregation just trying to fish for their shoes, the anger should be directed at the organizers (who 1. did not allocate a dedicated shoe space leading to the problem and 2. the guys who throw peoples shoes into a pile, seriously dont touch my bloody shoes without permission - especially in Ramadan when we are a little grumpy anyway )

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Lol @ Mount Everest.¬*

That would make me feel uneasy.¬*

Tell the Masjid Committee to invest in good quality, wooden, shoe racks.¬*

If they don't have the money, then ask for donations at the Friday Prayer.¬*

¬*

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    You should of asked them to queue so everyone could find their shoes bit by bit. And make the elders and disabled attendees go first and get someone to help them.

I'm sure your intentions were good though, alhamdulilah.
    This would have been the best course of action to have taken.

ĎNuff said.

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    Well, some people are bound to be last ones to join. I don't see how some brothers joining late makes any difference to the situation. You would still have a mount everest of shoes even if they were to come early. It's a issue with capacity, not because some of them joined late. Hence, your anger was unnecessary as it was not entirely or even partially their fault.

Is it more important that shoes be given space or a few brothers that wish to pray Jummah that is obligated upon them be given the space?

Leave a comment:

• Plinchun
    replied
    Originally posted by squidster View Post
    leave the mosque for a good 20mins.
    Oh my word, the time akhi! What if they just wanted to go home and see their families, their dear parents, who will now die sooner, as well as themselves, in a grave, deep, immobile, (possibly) decomposing and having their phone number never ring ever again?

The strong person is he who controls himself in anger, said our prophet(SAW). Ideally someone would have gone out of their way to ensure no delay would occur. I do not want to say you're wrong, but time is nothing to take for granted.
    Last edited by Plinchun; 31-05-19, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    You should of asked them to queue so everyone could find their shoes bit by bit. And make the elders and disabled attendees go first and get someone to help them.

I'm sure your intentions were good though, alhamdulilah.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X