Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR/Admin for retail, halal/haraam?

Asalaamu Alaykum, hope everyone is well, Insha'Allah
    Had a lot going on this past year (in a not good way) so not been able to post, but i hope everyone is doing okay and having a beneficial Ramadhan. Miss UF and all my sisters in Islam, a lot..

question: Is working in the HR team (i.e doing admin based work on references and inputting contract hours etc) for employees who work in a supermarket (Asda), halal or haraam?

I ask here because i got this job and its my 3rd week..and it only crossed my mind earlier this week.. Because the supermarket sells haraam food and alcohol (as many do in the west).

I don't work in the actual supermarket which is why im only dwelling on it now.. its a seperate office that has their call centre team plus HR/admin for contracts/references.¬*

If anyone knows the answer or could ask a scholar..that would be amazing. Jazakhallahu khairan

TLDR: is working in an office in HR/admin team for a supermarket halal/haraam? Supermarket is Asda. Im inputting contract hours for employees. These employees work in their stores (their stores do sell alcohol/haraam food).¬*

I am worried that my income will be haraam and my du'aas wont be accepted..Aoothubillah.¬*
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear RecordĒ
    [al-Aníaam 6:59]

You can try emailing Sheikh Assim Al Hakim iA
    https://www.assimalhakeem.net/ask-a-question/
    I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Ohh creamcake lol long time no see, im aynina btw.

yea almost every job in the west is haram tbh subhanAllah
      Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        Asalaamu Alaykum, hope everyone is well, Insha'Allah
        Had a lot going on this past year (in a not good way) so not been able to post, but i hope everyone is doing okay and having a beneficial Ramadhan. Miss UF and all my sisters in Islam, a lot..

question: Is working in the HR team (i.e doing admin based work on references and inputting contract hours etc) for employees who work in a supermarket (Asda), halal or haraam?

I ask here because i got this job and its my 3rd week..and it only crossed my mind earlier this week.. Because the supermarket sells haraam food and alcohol (as many do in the west).

I don't work in the actual supermarket which is why im only dwelling on it now.. its a seperate office that has their call centre team plus HR/admin for contracts/references.¬*

If anyone knows the answer or could ask a scholar..that would be amazing. Jazakhallahu khairan

TLDR: is working in an office in HR/admin team for a supermarket halal/haraam? Supermarket is Asda. Im inputting contract hours for employees. These employees work in their stores (their stores do sell alcohol/haraam food).¬*

I am worried that my income will be haraam and my du'aas wont be accepted..Aoothubillah.¬*
        I can ask Sheikh Abu Musab if you want ukthi?
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

If you live in the west; a non-Islamic country, then it would be very difficult to avoid any food retailer who does not sell haram foods. If an Islamic scholar informs you that your new job is will you resign? In my opinion this would be a big mistake. Consider the fact that when you are in the process of applying for another vacancy an employer is likely to ask why you left your last job? I get the impression this would not go down well. You will be at a disadvantage.¬*

Comment

Working...
          X