Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you pay to see your most nostalgic memory?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much would you pay to see your most nostalgic memory?

    How much would you pay to re-live most nostalgic memory in the very time it happened? Would you sacrifice a body part? Become homeless? Basically, how far would you go to relive a cherished past moment?

  • #2
    Nothing. 'Ain't nobody got time for dat'.

    Comment


    • #3
      Same. Nothing. I wouldn't do that to myself. It would be very depressing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not interested especially at the exspene of a body part or homelessness.
        "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Plinchun View Post
          How much would you pay to re-live most nostalgic memory in the very time it happened? Would you sacrifice a body part? Become homeless? Basically, how far would you go to relive a cherished past moment?
          It doesn't sound right to do that. You have the memory so just cherish it.

          It is in the past for a reason.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re-living would not be the same. And then, not only would you be wanting a body part, but you would have ruined the memory you had too.

            There is a reason why we look back fondly on the past and do not so much appreciate the present - the very fact that the past is unattainable is what makes us long for it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Morose View Post

              There is a reason why we look back fondly on the past and do not so much appreciate the present - the very fact that the past is unattainable is what makes us long for it.
              That is true, its absence is what makes us desire its presence.

              Comment


              • #8
                um nothing. I don't have any amazing memories.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Was about to post similar to br Morose but he's summed it up very nicely, alhamdulillah.

                  The only possible situations I can think of someone really wanting to revisit/relive memories is if they lost a child for example... (Allah Ta'aalaa protect us)

                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                  -------------------------------
                  "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                  NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                    Was about to post similar to br Morose but he's summed it up very nicely, alhamdulillah.

                    The only possible situations I can think of someone really wanting to revisit/relive memories is if they lost a child for example... (Allah Ta'aalaa protect us)
                    (I think a more appropriate question br Pinchun could have asked is what would you give to once more see a person you lost :]

                    But then that would involve sharing details of bereavement which is quite a personal topic and I doubt you, br Fakhri, would be so forthcoming on that subject :] so perhaps br Pinchun asked the more sensible question after all :]).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nothing. The past belongs to the past.
                      He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                        Was about to post similar to br Morose but he's summed it up very nicely, alhamdulillah.

                        The only possible situations I can think of someone really wanting to revisit/relive memories is if they lost a child for example... (Allah Ta'aalaa protect us)
                        Thats true, alot of times I want to go back 3 minutes to say "Don't watch on that video! It's not what it seems!!!". Indeed, youtube can be a terrible place

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nevermind...can't get the links to work
                          Last edited by Fakhri; 19-03-19, 03:08 AM. Reason: ...
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                          -------------------------------
                          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would love to see my grandfather again but if we really are going to get into hypothetical time traveling situations I'd rather go back and undo some of the things that I did before Islam
                            Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                              I would love to see my grandfather again but if we really are going to get into hypothetical time traveling situations I'd rather go back and undo some of the things that I did before Islam
                              But would you be the person that you are today if you didnt do those things.

                              Time travel is a tricky thing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X