Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some things about the adult world that has left you feeling disillusioned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed my innocent childhood

The loving and caring parents who fed us all (big family) very well. Alhamdullilah

Wasn't the type of child who would cry for toys so never felt deprived. Although as soon as I entered Woolworths I did want things but avoided it.

I was protected.

I didn't need anything else, had my parents who looked after me and my pals (the siblings) we would have mini arguments but that was nothing.

I was not in a rush to grow up. I was a content child. Never got a slap or beaten up. Most of the time I would mind my own business.

Living in a bubble caused a shock afterwards when I was exposed to the beast - the big bad world.

It was hard at first because I was a sensitive kid (still am).

I enjoyed playing with vacuums and did housework during my primary school years.

Now cleaning is a chore, it's not play time.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

thought marriage is easy then i came across mumatch

yikes

Comment

but on a serious note i'd say having responsibilities because when your young u think after i finish school i can do whatever i want however, when you reach adulthood you realise theres commitments you have which means you have to make sacrifices and compromise you cant always do what you want

Comment

I didnt have much of a childhood. Everything was always so stressful back then.

I actually think that there were so many more rules when i was a kid. Things are so much simpler now.

I didnt end up doing what i wanted to do but thats fine. Alhamdulilallah, I like what i do now.

Comment

The vastness of the amount of people in the world who are going about their lives pointlessly, slowly killing themselves with 'entertainment' and empty goals, oblivious to their true purpose and to what awaits all of us, shuffling towards (you fear) the most terrible of all fates.
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            -------------------------------
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

The amount of sin and corruption caused by people, and the celebration and proliferation of it.

The amount of obstacles and things working against people who are striving for and wanting to live good, pure, God-conscious lives.
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

I don't think anyone can really speak about the "adult world" until they are married with kids.

Being a single adult vs. one who is married with kids is a completely different life.

In any case, what could leave a person disillusioned is how an individual may look at the people around him (parents, siblings, spouse, etc.) and see that everyone is after one desire or another. And they may even oppress each other in order to achieve what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                  The vastness of the amount of people in the world who are going about their lives pointlessly, slowly killing themselves with 'entertainment' and empty goals, oblivious to their true purpose and to what awaits all of us, shuffling towards (you fear) the most terrible of all fates.
                  My life is pointless and meaningless and I never do anything good or worthwhile,

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

My life is pointless and meaningless and I never do anything good or worthwhile,
                    We could and should all do so much more, but surely what you said above is impossible for a believer, br Morose?
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

No one's there to stop you from going to bed absurdly late or eating more cake than you ought to.

Then when you're sleep deprived and overdosed on sugar, present-you hates past-you while future-you knows you're going to make the same mistake next week.

Basically freedom isn't freedom. Also, you have to learn self-control and discipline because you're no longer threatened with slippers or other maternal weapons.
                      ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                      U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

The older I got, the more I realised the 2 people i thought knew everything (parents) actually dont know what they're doing either :)

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
                          No one's there to stop you from going to bed absurdly late or eating more cake than you ought to.

Then when you're sleep deprived and overdosed on sugar, present-you hates past-you while future-you knows you're going to make the same mistake next week.

Basically freedom isn't freedom. Also, you have to learn self-control and discipline because you're no longer threatened with slippers or other maternal weapons.
                          that's kind of harsh

Comment

I wish that i did what i wanted. Because most people don't know what they are doing with their lives.
                            Last edited by usernametaken; 16-03-19, 03:11 PM.

Comment

How hard it was to have the things that you see adults have - house, wife, kids, a job etc

I used to think it was all easy and just fell into place. That as soon as you left school a job was automatically offered to you and then soon after you'd meet a woman and marry and that houses must have been cheap enough to afford seen as everyone seems to have one. I'm 29 now and struggled so hard to get the job I have, I'm able to pay bills because I'm still at home but the hopes of buying my own house someday are fading fast unless I plan on buying a house in a different city or ask my future wife to buy one with me (which I don't want). Like every other kid I give myself an age limit, I pictured myself being an independent, successful, home-owning husband and father all by the age of 25! haha wish my parents would have hit me with some home truths when I was a kid but I guess I can understand why they didn't, everytime my nephews have delusional ideas i just smile and nod along.

but like someone above said, life is still much easier for me now as an adult than it was as a child. theres just a different struggle but at least my life is finally in my control, not the control of some adult
                              Last edited by Palpay; 16-03-19, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                                I don't think anyone can really speak about the "adult world" until they are married with kids.

Being a single adult vs. one who is married with kids is a completely different life.

In any case, what could leave a person disillusioned is how an individual may look at the people around him (parents, siblings, spouse, etc.) and see that everyone is after one desire or another. And they may even oppress each other in order to achieve what they want.
                                Please speak for yourself or at least keep that cultural linear thinking to yourself. Being married or having children is not a qualifier for adulthood. I can tell you right now that there are plenty of young people who were orphans or raised in incredibly toxic environments who've probably seen more than the average adult of any age.

Comment

Working...
                                X