Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about a sister who doesn't wear the hijab correctly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
    Nothing. It's not any of my business really.
    Allah said you are the best ummah because you forbid the evil and enjoin the good and believe in Allah

surah imran

its our duty as muslims to forbjd evil enjoin good thus advise people otherwise they wont stop their bad deeds
    and many ahadith taljs about forbidding evil enjoing good
    however it should be done in a manner that isnt condescending or rude we arent better than any other person we are all sinners

more importantly sisters should
    as guys cant go to sistees and comment on their appearance

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Allah said you are the best ummah because you forbid the evil and enjoin the good and believe in Allah

surah imran

its our duty as muslims to forbjd evil enjoin good thus advise people otherwise they wont stop their bad deeds
      and many ahadith taljs about forbidding evil enjoing good
      however it should be done in a manner that isnt condescending or rude we arent better than any other person we are all sinners

more importantly sisters should
      as guys cant go to sistees and comment on their appearance
      True.

if people know your views, and you might suggest to them that this is not right and whatever else, that's that. You can't always go any further.

plus i have my own life issues to deal with (by logging onto uf and avoiding life).

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Its religion is 'madrid'

Loooool sis this made me laugh irl
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Do you mean they wear hijab but adorn themselves in other aspects? Or they don't wear hijab at all?

In both cases, I feel uncomfortable around them and try to leave that place as soon as possible.

Comment

I am all for giving kind advice, maybe encourage them to learn more about their relationship with God before worrying about the rules(yes the rules are important, but they should come naturally out of love for and obedience to God, not because other people made them do it). That is the main issue.

Do not look down upon or berate someone because they do not live up to the Islamic standards that you expect them to. You do not know what's on their plate or what they are going through.

Look at yourself before judging others harshly. Also, anyone who thinks a woman should "just take it off" if they are not wearing it properly, is falling into the trick of shaitain,... "All or nothing"

Comment

According to the Qur'an Allah guides whoever He wants and misguides whoever He wants. Even RasulAllah (salAllah alayhis salam) did never use harsh words or demotivating words in general. So I take it the best is to show the kitab Qur'an, the authentic hadiths and follow yourself and let her learn slow and steady (the principle behind it and ofcourse the act itself, but not to do it to please the society) and hope Allah guides her.

Cheers

Comment

What about hijabis in school uniforms?
                cute little hijab, white blouse tucked into their high waisted trousers like hello.. would you advise them? I mean their parents put them in a situation where they must dress like that and their parents are showing them what youre doing is okay
                Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

It is so widespread I do not even think about it

It is just another sister attaining major bad sins on a daily basis

''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

To be honest with all these idealist threads, theres a lot of users who probably compromise a bit with their hijab anyways, you just can't type it because someone will 'refute' you.

whether thats the popular leggings with a long top, daily make up, figure showing, people don't really care.

Comment

To be honest with all these idealist threads, theres a lot of users who probably compromise a bit with their hijab anyways, you just can't type it because someone will 'refute' you.

whether thats the popular leggings with a long top, daily make up, figure showing, people don't really care.

True for me. That's why I have been hesitant in replying to this thread. It feels hypocritical. I downgraded my hijab to fulfill a job requirement. I have not completely removed it, though I feel naked. Folding of sleeves, wearing of scrubs, its disgusting that i still do it.

Before this, I was really judgemental of such sisters. Now all I can do is empathize with them. Wondering what causes them to do such. Ignorance, insecurity, peer pressure?

What I encounter is young sisters, mostly teens and the main issue with them is peer pressure and insecurity. Majority when they get firm support system and constant encouragement they come around.

Most that I have spoken to seem to lack role model, feel confused and alone. Sometimes all the need is reassurance that they're beautiful with the hijab, they're not weird.

Sisters need to hang out with people who can constantly remind them of their purpose.
                      '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post

True for me. That's why I have been hesitant in replying to this thread. It feels hypocritical. I downgraded my hijab to fulfill a job requirement. I have not completely removed it, though I feel naked. Folding of sleeves, wearing of scrubs, its disgusting that i still do it.

Before this, I was really judgemental of such sisters. Now all I can do is empathize with them. Wondering what causes them to do such. Ignorance, insecurity, peer pressure?

What I encounter is young sisters, mostly teens and the main issue with them is peer pressure and insecurity. Majority when they get firm support system and constant encouragement they come around.

Most that I have spoken to seem to lack role model, feel confused and alone. Sometimes all the need is reassurance that they're beautiful with the hijab, they're not weird.

Sisters need to hang out with people who can constantly remind them of their purpose.
                        I respect you for saying that.

I used to be more judgemental (just generally) than i am now. But no one knows who is better than the other.

Sometimes it is just ignorance, wearing make up, leggings is not seen as haram by many (the 'basic' Muslims) because they get so used to it they feel it is ok and therefore halal.
                        Last edited by usernametaken; 16-04-19, 06:42 PM.

Comment

With my low iman, mental health and everything, i sometimes feel like 'caving in', so i can understand why sisters might not fully wear it. I don't know if i will keep up the no makeup thing, because while i can physically not apply make up, i feel like wearing it and feel like i want to wear it to feel better (which i would socially as it will help cover up my real state- kind of depressed).

Comment

I was speaking to a sister on social media who makes dresses and shared her opinion on trousers saying they are not as modest. I wanted to be direct and tell her the dresses pictures she shares shows sisters hips. I said it indirectly but she deleted her post. (could be a few reasons for that though).

Comment

With my low iman, mental health and everything, i sometimes feel like 'caving in', so i can understand why sisters might not fully wear it. I don't know if i will keep up the no makeup thing, because while i can physically not apply make up, i feel like wearing it and feel like i want to wear it to feel better (which i would socially as it will help cover up my real state- kind of depressed).
                              Taking a step away from Allah is taking a step closer to depression
                              Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

Taking a step away from Allah is taking a step closer to depression
                                Hmm. I just want a "coping mechanism" because i don't see a way out mentally because i keep procrastinating one thing that im overthinking about. Its 'better' to look smart and have people receieve you cheerfully than seeing a glum unbothered face and people reacting to that (that would be my 'reasoning')
                                Last edited by usernametaken; 16-04-19, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X