Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of animals like the 'liger'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of animals like the 'liger'?

salaams peeps I was wondering what do you think of animals like the liger?

If you didnt already know the liger is a mix of a male lion and a female tiger

Do you think it's wrong because man is trying to act like God by trying to create new animals which wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for man?

What about all the dog and cat breeds that come from mixing.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah
      What about all the dog and cat breeds that come from mixing.
      True say, didn't even think of that

Cats and dogs are domesticated pets where as the lion and the tiger live on different continents, so they wouldnt meet in the natural wildlife

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Cats and dogs are domesticated pets where as the lion and the tiger live on different continents, so they wouldnt meet in the natural wildlife
        But some of these dog and cat breeds come from cats and dogs on different continents that would never run into each other.

Comment

But some of these dog and cat breeds come from cats and dogs on different continents that would never run into each other.
          True say

Comment

Take for instance the Miniature Pincher or Min Pin. They are a mix between an Italian Greyhound and the Dachshund.

Comment

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

It seems its just still acceptable as there is nothing artificial about it, just getting two different animals to come together although they usually wouldn't. If that makes sense
                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Walaykum salam,

A liger just sounds like another animal version of a mule. A mule just comes from copulation between a horse and donkey. Maybe lions and tigers don't normally mix in the wild, but in zoos there are a lot of environments and a lot of varieties of animals that wouldn't otherwise be living on the same premises. I think if the liger came from lions and tigers living in the same zoo and getting together then it's no big deal and no different to me than a mule, albeit with the intervention of humans causing them to live in the same habitat... but if the lions and tigers want nothing to do with each other and still the zoo keepers tried to artificially inseminate one species into another- that's where I'd draw the line and say it's wrong cos' human intervention is pushing boundaries too much.

I just looked up the term on Wikipedia and found some interesting facts:

- Although ligers are bred in captivity, it is the result of attraction between the two species and not artificial insemination
                  - Zoos generally have a policy of keeping lions and tigers separate, but sometimes still animals will have a natural attraction and have accidental liger pregnancies, so that suggests some natural attraction between them exists when they are living in the same space
                  - Unlike mules, ligers can be fertile and go on to breed with lions to then have "liliger" cubs though I don't know if ligers can breed with tigers

Thanks OP, until today I didn't even know ligers existed. I've learned something new.

As for unusual cat and dog breeds; One is as I said before about ligers, if the two animals such as two different breeds of cat are attracted to each other naturally, then I don't see the problem BUT the thing with certain cat breeds and dog breeds is that sometimes they are deliberate bred a certain way to have deformities. Like the dwarf breeds and munchkins; they look dinky and cute but actually they have dwarfism which might not be too bad for one generation but if you breed them like that for another generation then they can have severe deformities, birth defects, low life expectancy and a lifetime of terrible health problems. So if a person was breeding dogs or cats, I think it's okay for a responsible breeder to do it, who is careful to ensure that certain breeds don't mix where there are high risk factors for the health of the next generation and as long as they ensure that the parent animals and the kittens/puppies are well cared for in good homes, then that's okay. What isn't okay is to deliberately breed them to develop a certain look that will harm the animal's health just because they want to win those superficial shows. The Persian cat of today with its squished nose and flat face- that is not how the original natural Persian cats looked when they first came over from Iran and that squashed nose often causes breathing problems. That trait developed from dodgy breeding.
                  Last edited by neelu; 11-01-19, 01:55 PM.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Ok, so I am a fish hobbyist. Another example of cross breeding is designer clownfish. Just take a look at some of these clownfish with unusual colorings.

https://www.proaquatix.com/clownfish/

Comment

.These animals often suffer from debilitating health problems, develop diseases and sustain injuries more often than other big cats, and die prematurely.

The dogs they breed have health problems, it's cruel...if humans are doing it intentionally...
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5
                        .These animals often suffer from debilitating health problems, develop diseases and sustain injuries more often than other big cats, and die prematurely.

The dogs they breed have health problems, it's cruel...if humans are doing it intentionally...
                        You're right, it can cause health problems,
                        Like even people who keep the different kinds of morphs of leopard geckos and snakes have many health problems

Comment

Originally posted by neelu
                          Walaykum salam,

A liger just sounds like another animal version of a mule. A mule just comes from copulation between a horse and donkey. Maybe lions and tigers don't normally mix in the wild, but in zoos there are a lot of environments and a lot of varieties of animals that wouldn't otherwise be living on the same premises. I think if the liger came from lions and tigers living in the same zoo and getting together then it's no big deal and no different to me than a mule, albeit with the intervention of humans causing them to live in the same habitat... but if the lions and tigers want nothing to do with each other and still the zoo keepers tried to artificially inseminate one species into another- that's where I'd draw the line and say it's wrong cos' human intervention is pushing boundaries too much.

I just looked up the term on Wikipedia and found some interesting facts:

- Although ligers are bred in captivity, it is the result of attraction between the two species and not artificial insemination
                          - Zoos generally have a policy of keeping lions and tigers separate, but sometimes still animals will have a natural attraction and have accidental liger pregnancies, so that suggests some natural attraction between them exists when they are living in the same space
                          - Unlike mules, ligers can be fertile and go on to breed with lions to then have "liliger" cubs though I don't know if ligers can breed with tigers

Thanks OP, until today I didn't even know ligers existed. I've learned something new.

As for unusual cat and dog breeds; One is as I said before about ligers, if the two animals such as two different breeds of cat are attracted to each other naturally, then I don't see the problem BUT the thing with certain cat breeds and dog breeds is that sometimes they are deliberate bred a certain way to have deformities. Like the dwarf breeds and munchkins; they look dinky and cute but actually they have dwarfism which might not be too bad for one generation but if you breed them like that for another generation then they can have severe deformities, birth defects, low life expectancy and a lifetime of terrible health problems. So if a person was breeding dogs or cats, I think it's okay for a responsible breeder to do it, who is careful to ensure that certain breeds don't mix where there are high risk factors for the health of the next generation and as long as they ensure that the parent animals and the kittens/puppies are well cared for in good homes, then that's okay. What isn't okay is to deliberately breed them to develop a certain look that will harm the animal's health just because they want to win those superficial shows. The Persian cat of today with its squished nose and flat face- that is not how the original natural Persian cats looked when they first came over from Iran and that squashed nose often causes breathing problems. That trait developed from dodgy breeding.
                          You're welcome

Btw the way just go on YouTube and type in liger, the thing is huge

Comment

Ok, so I am a fish hobbyist. Another example of cross breeding is designer clownfish. Just take a look at some of these clownfish with unusual colorings.

https://www.proaquatix.com/clownfish/
                            I find watching fish in their tanks to be really relaxing

Comment

I find watching fish in their tanks to be really relaxing
                              I have a 20 gallon cube tank right on my desk with some clown fish and other saltwater fish. They come up to the right side of the tank where I sit and its like they watch me on the computer. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X