Religious duties become difficult for these living in the West [Opinion]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious duties become difficult for these living in the West [Opinion]

Now before we begin lets be frank and completely honest with each other in order to uncover this mystery if there is any mystery surrounding this matter or this is just assumption but we can only uncover this if we gather and everyone shares there progression in this journey thru islam.

I have lived almost all of my live in the western world and I grew up in Scandinavia to be exact and I'm not sure whether places are different from other places but lets uncover this matter.

In the beginning when I became religious I was strong then I got weaker as time went by and in fact alot weaker. My faith is strong and secure Alhamduillah but what becomes difficult is not faith but rather carrying out the obligations and duties. Etblishing the 5 daily Salah, Ramadan, normal Fastings, lowering your gaze, and at times it gets extremely difficult being a fully and functional worshipper.

There is inner war that is being waged constantly with yourself. There is you who wants evil and than there is you who want to do good and aviod sins and as time goes by the evil one gains more power within you as the other one deteriorates by default like a ballon taken out of the air slowly.

I personally know couple of my friends have experienced the same decline as I have experienced. I remember some of them were truly strong like extremely strong mansha-allah and then all of sudden the decline kicked in and it seems like there was no stopping the decline it just kept going or no ways to reverse this.

I know like 4 persons who have experienced the same decline and these were in my opinion one of the best individuals and they could have been Sahaba level at some point and I'm not kidding. These people were strong muslims.

I was thinking over this alot over the years and what is the cause of this so that we can counter this together if there is any problem or issues because to be hoenst I still can't figure out how this has happened or what is the cause.

Please be frank so that we may find the cure to this so that we can counter it and avoid declining and share with us your progression.

I'm of the opinion that these in the muslim world would only grow in strength where as us in the west will only decrease in strength.

I think this has something to do with the livelihood being not pure due to heavy Riba being involved in apartment rent, house rent, Internet bills and all sorts of other bills which is the direct cost of the unfortunate irreversible decline. This is only assumption at this stage and I'm waiting for some of my superior and smarter brothers and sisters to shade light on this matter for us so that we can altogether avoid this and hopefully these who come in the future can avoid making the same mistakes we did
    Last edited by DreamsofHope; 16-12-18, 02:32 AM.

There is a hadith that says (paraphrasing) that Iman wears out. So I found this hadith and the best thing to do is ask Allah:

Originally posted by Quoted Hadith
    Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "Verily, the faith of one of you will diminish just as a shirt becomes worn out, so ask Allah to renew faith in your hearts."

Source: al-Mustadrak 5

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِنَّ الْإِيمَانَ لَيَخْلَقُ فِي جَوْفِ أَحَدِكُمْ كَمَا يَخْلَقُ الثَّوْبُ الْخَلِقُ فَاسْأَلُوا اللَّهَ أَنْ يُجَدِّدَ الْإِيمَانَ فِي قُلُوبِكُمْ

5 المستدرك على الصحيحين

1590 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح في صحيح الجامع

Also remember that:

Originally posted by Quoted Hadith
    "Religion is easy, and no one overburdens himself in his religion but he will be unable to continue in that way. So do not be extremists, but try to be near perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded. Gain strength by worshipping in the mornings and afternoons and during the last hours of the night."

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (39) and Muslim (2816).
    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 16-12-18, 02:53 AM.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Consistency and humility towards your creator, is what we need as Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
        There is a hadith that says (paraphrasing) that Iman wears out. So I found this hadith and the best thing to do is ask Allah:

Also remember that:
        I do agree with this hadith however the decline some of these brothers had was more than just diminishing and this phenomenon is outspread amongst muslims in the west. The people I were talking about are not seasonal muslims or cultural muslims. They were serious practitioners. They may have been youths or young adults but they are the real authentic practitioners type and students of knowlegde who do everything islam.

I think this is slight more then just diminishing something else is the cause of this phenomenon. I think we come back to non-halal income and all pre-contracts being signed on as Riba-agreement. Most of these people never realized what is going on and I think this is the main reason but I could be wrong.

I think if most of the serious practitioners come forward they will tell you the same thing about the west and that they have experienced the same declining progression of things unless they are new and it's their 2nd or 3rd year as dedicated practitioners.

However I do believe that the reaction would be positive with these in the muslim world as they are removed from Riba and unlawful income. They should naturally grow in strength from strength while increasing in righteouness.

Something is unclean in the water which leads to blessings(Baraka) not arriving as it should have
        Last edited by DreamsofHope; 16-12-18, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofHope View Post
          Now before we begin lets be frank and completely honest with each other in order to uncover this mystery if there is any mystery surrounding this matter or this is just assumption but we can only uncover this if we gather and everyone shares there progression in this journey thru islam.

I have lived almost all of my live in the western world and I grew up in Scandinavia to be exact and I'm not sure whether places are different from other places but lets uncover this matter.

In the beginning when I became religious I was strong then I got weaker as time went by and in fact alot weaker. My faith is strong and secure Alhamduillah but what becomes difficult is not faith but rather carrying out the obligations and duties. Etblishing the 5 daily Salah, Ramadan, normal Fastings, lowering your gaze, and at times it gets extremely difficult being a fully and functional worshipper.

There is inner war that is being waged constantly with yourself. There is you who wants evil and than there is you who want to do good and aviod sins and as time goes by the evil one gains more power within you as the other one deteriorates by default like a ballon taken out of the air slowly.

I personally know couple of my friends have experienced the same decline as I have experienced. I remember some of them were truly strong like extremely strong mansha-allah and then all of sudden the decline kicked in and it seems like there was no stopping the decline it just kept going or no ways to reverse this.

I know like 4 persons who have experienced the same decline and these were in my opinion one of the best individuals and they could have been Sahaba level at some point and I'm not kidding. These people were strong muslims.

I was thinking over this alot over the years and what is the cause of this so that we can counter this together if there is any problem or issues because to be hoenst I still can't figure out how this has happened or what is the cause.

Please be frank so that we may find the cure to this so that we can counter it and avoid declining and share with us your progression.

I'm of the opinion that these in the muslim world would only grow in strength where as us in the west will only decrease in strength.

I think this has something to do with the livelihood being not pure due to heavy Riba being involved in apartment rent, house rent, Internet bills and all sorts of other bills which is the direct cost of the unfortunate irreversible decline. This is only assumption at this stage and I'm waiting for some of my superior and smarter brothers and sisters to shade light on this matter for us so that we can altogether avoid this and hopefully these who come in the future can avoid making the same mistakes we did
          We can't use the "its not easy" argument in front of Allah عز و جل to evade punishment,

Jannah isnt cheap, you have to strive hard for it, that much is obvious from the Quran and Sunnah.

Allah سبحانه وتعالى already told us we will face difficulties.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

We can't use the "its not easy" argument in front of Allah عز و جل to evade punishment,

Jannah isnt cheap, you have to strive hard for it, that much is obvious from the Quran and Sunnah.

Allah سبحانه وتعالى already told us we will face difficulties.
            It's not a thread about excuses but rather problem solving. I agree Jannah isn't cheap but I think the problem may be else where hidden from us and especially these who live amongst non-muslim majority countries and I think being a perfect and strong practitioner is unsustainable for a longer period of time in these polluted societies and the main issue being ''RIBA'' because it's everywhere and unavoidable. One should seek ways to make hijra even tho it's difficult or atleast try. I think going strong 3-5 years is sustainable in that environment but a decade that is pushing the limit and asking to much.

I think Riba is the virus that is causing the decline in slow pace and most of these people don't even know they are in RIBA
            Last edited by DreamsofHope; 16-12-18, 06:15 AM.

Comment

so try and move to a muslim country

Comment

This is one of the reasons why the Prophet s.a.a.w. told us not to live amongst the disbelievers. It makes getting from point A to point B more difficult. Nobody is forcing Muslims to deal in riba in Dar ul Kufr. Don't buy a house. Rent. My wife and her shaytan has tried suggesting that we are wasting money by renting before. I told her bluntly, that I will divorce you and live in my car if that is the road you want to go. I am not prepared for a war with Allah and His Messenger. I read on another thread that practicing Islam is too hard in America. That is nonsense and more like a defeatist attitude due to weak iman. This isn't Burma or China where Muslims are really being oppressed due to their religion. One of the problems why Muslims find it hard to live here is because they want the kind of things that the disbelievers have. They want their dunya but it is usually at the expense of their iman. Another problem, they don't read Quran, make the effort to stay steadfast in learning, stay away from befriending the kuffar, avoid the filth in their society, movies, tv. Don't be those with a weak excuse in the Quran where it says:

"Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (by not performing hijrah), they (angels) will say to them, 'In what condition were you?' They will reply, "We were weak and oppressed in the earth.' They (angels) will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to migrate therein?' Such men will find their abode in Hell - what an evil destination! Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan nor are they able to find a way (to make hijrah). These are the one whom Allah is most likely to forgive, and Allah is Ever Oft Pardoning, Most Forgiving. And whoever migrates in the way of Allah, he will find many dwelling places and plenty (sustenance) to live by. And whoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Surah An-Nisaa 97-100)

And Allah Knows Best
                "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Have you been to many Muslim countries? What makes you assume Muslims go from strength to strength in those places?

There is no doubt living amongst kuffar ...whether that is in the West or in another part of the world is not good for our emaan.
                  But we will face this inner struggle no matter which corner of the world we reside in. Living in the West is not a scapegoat for our lack of practicing. People who often blame Western ills for their lack of emaan would find other factors to blame if they lived amongst Muslims.

​​​​​​

Comment

I've heard of people relying on interest in their bank account to help them get by back home.

people act like riba doesn't exist there but it does and carries similar importance.

Comment

Oh, you are back.

I can think of one member who’ll be most happy to see you here.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofHope View Post

It's not a thread about excuses but rather problem solving. I agree Jannah isn't cheap but I think the problem may be else where hidden from us and especially these who live amongst non-muslim majority countries and I think being a perfect and strong practitioner is unsustainable for a longer period of time in these polluted societies and the main issue being ''RIBA'' because it's everywhere and unavoidable. One should seek ways to make hijra even tho it's difficult or atleast try. I think going strong 3-5 years is sustainable in that environment but a decade that is pushing the limit and asking to much.

I think Riba is the virus that is causing the decline in slow pace and most of these people don't even know they are in RIBA
                        Your presenting the same old problems like Allah عز و جل and his messenger صلى الله عليه السلام didnt give us the solutions to them,

Your excuse for the decline of your imaan is the society is corrupted, so you joined them?

Yes Riba is a major problem, has been for decades, even in muslim countries,

Are you suggesting that due to widespread Riba, you can't be an upright practicing muslim?

Comment

Religious duties are most hardest
                          When you are living in the West
                          It is dangerous, and a trialling test
                          A great risk, even for the best
                          But allow me to attest
                          The world over I detest
                          Corruption, immortality, and unrest:
                          No matter where you are, you’ll witness
                          Even in the deep, dark forest
                          Where you think is most quietest
                          Evil will find you, and make a conquest

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Your presenting the same old problems like Allah عز و جل and his messenger صلى الله عليه السلام didnt give us the solutions to them,

Your excuse for the decline of your imaan is the society is corrupted, so you joined them?

Yes Riba is a major problem, has been for decades, even in muslim countries,

Are you suggesting that due to widespread Riba, you can't be an upright practicing muslim?
                            Op?

Comment

Working...
                            X