Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Seek Help

It's a question. How to seek help?

It depends on the problem. That's true to a certain extent, but there should be some basic protocols, or some kind of 'ethos' around how to go about it because it requires forming a 'relationship' based on trust.

True.

Some people can be helped using the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
      True.

Some people can be helped using the internet.
      How? Give examples.

Comment

By asking questions and receiving answers.

Comment

By asking questions and receiving answers.
          Where does that fit into a procedure of seeking help?

Comment

It could aid it. It's the internet people will always use it for this kind of stuff. It might or might not work for them but for people who use the internet a lot they will invest in it more, or maybe just at the beginning.

Comment

It could aid it. It's the internet people will always use it for this kind of stuff. It might or might not work for them but for people who use the internet a lot they will invest in it more, or maybe just at the beginning.
              So anyway...

Comment

The first step would be to identify the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                  The first step would be to identify the problem.
                  Yes. Firstly, identify the problem.

Secondly, consider whether the problem can be resolved without seeking help and thus trusting others.

Comment

Personally i dont like trusting people. The fact that i feel like i might have to just doesn't feel right.

Last edited by usernametaken; 09-12-18, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

Yes. Firstly, identify the problem.

Secondly, consider whether the problem can be resolved without seeking help and thus trusting others.
                      This. (it depends on what the problem is of course. If you are sick for example, you need to consult your doctor)

I'm sure we've all tried asking person a, b and c, just to find out that it didn't really help with the problem. You're left feeling the same way you did.
                      Wallahi in those situations it's better for you to raise your hands and ask Allah for help.
                      رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

It's a good point..
                        I mean one thing i've learnt is if you're in a situation where it's really tough and you're struggling.. only Allah S.W.T can help you. You can't even help yourself, and if family and friends can't help, its unlikely that ppl on a forum can.

Saying that..it depends on the problem itself. The thing is there is such a diverse range of opinions on here to answer a problem, that it can confuse one. Or more likely.. they're back at stage one.. because they've been told what they already know/are still conflicted like before.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Dr uncle, you look at the Sunnah and the Qur'an and ask a doctor.

Sharing your problems seems to help since Humons like to do open their mouths to speak.c

uncle you can always drink some tea too with honey and hot milk.
                          I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

seek out others to help and if ever you find yourself in need then help will find you.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                              It's a question. How to seek help?

It depends on the problem. That's true to a certain extent, but there should be some basic protocols, or some kind of 'ethos' around how to go about it because it requires forming a 'relationship' based on trust.
                              Has your question got anything to do with people coming on this forum for help?

Comment

Working...
                              X