Jury service and Salah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury service and Salah

Asalaamalikum. If you're called for jury service in England, will the Court allow you to perform your Salah? I can't really see it myself if they'd actually dismiss you in the middle of a trial and then call you back once you've read your Prayer.

If not, would Salah be a valid reason to be excused from jury service in the first place?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Yunus View Post
    Asalaamalikum. If you're called for jury service in England, will the Court allow you to perform your Salah? I can't really see it myself if they'd actually dismiss you in the middle of a trial and then call you back once you've read your Prayer.

If not, would Salah be a valid reason to be excused from jury service in the first place?

Thanks.
    Ask them?
    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

jury service is not permissable in islam

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

Ask them?
        I would if the Court was open. And what's the point of asking on a forum if you're going to give a stupid response?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
          jury service is not permissable in islam
          It's either that or prison. Would you rather have a criminal record for the rest of your life, thereby making life very difficult for you and your family, or just sit on a jury for about a week or so?

Which is the lesser of the 2 evils?

Comment

It's either that or prison. Would you rather have a criminal record for the rest of your life, thereby making life very difficult for you and your family, or just sit on a jury for about a week or so?

u wont go prison
            for not going jury service

lesser of 2 evils doesnt work in this situation

Comment

I would if the Court was open. And what's the point of asking on a forum if you're going to give a stupid response?
              No need to be rude. Then ask when its open.
              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Never been asked, but then not on the electoral role so I wouldn't be as don't believe it is permissible to vote.

As I understand it though, you can ask to have all sorts of allowances made for you, and there are valid reasons you can give without lying as to why you should be excused jury service once they've got you on the list.

FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

salaam brother. I've been on jury service. you have a prayer room acvaialable to do your prayers. they allow you to do so. but if you are in a trial you cannot just walk out at prayer time. you will have to wait and then make up prayers afterwards. it's no big deal
                  as far as being excused for these reasons, I don't know. just get in touch and ask them. but I suspect it will be a no you can't be excused.
                  as far as some of the other comments on this thread - to those individuals, you are entitled to your viewpoint. for my side I learnt A LOT by going on jury service. I actually did enjoy it. it really opened my eyes to how justice works in our country. I recommend that you take off your blinkers and go see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ukfamilyman View Post
                    salaam brother. I've been on jury service. you have a prayer room acvaialable to do your prayers. they allow you to do so. but if you are in a trial you cannot just walk out at prayer time. you will have to wait and then make up prayers afterwards. it's no big deal
                    as far as being excused for these reasons, I don't know. just get in touch and ask them. but I suspect it will be a no you can't be excused.
                    as far as some of the other comments on this thread - to those individuals, you are entitled to your viewpoint. for my side I learnt A LOT by going on jury service. I actually did enjoy it. it really opened my eyes to how justice works in our country. I recommend that you take off your blinkers and go see for yourself.
                    I think they have an idea how it works. They just don't agree with it.

Comment

you should make tawba
                      jury service is kufr an act of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

I think they have an idea how it works. They just don't agree with it.
                        exactly my point. i had an idea how it worked before i went. and i didnt really see the value of it or necessarily agree with it. then i went and actually understood the issues and challenges of jury service.
                        its easy to opinionate and have a position on a matter - especially for some of those obvious posters with narrow, prejudiced and intolerant viewpoints on this forum - without actually knowing the reality. but i guess some are just content in their ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

you should make tawba
                          jury service is kufr an act of disbelief
                          Not interested at all in your uninformed and uninvited opinions. you have no right to tell anyone to repent based on your own belief system. are you a scholar of islam? are you in a position to advise me? i think not. youre the same person who asked if i was a Shia because i visited Iran and found it a beautiful place! You wear your prejudices on your sleeve for all to see. Laughable.

Comment

Not interested at all in your uninformed and uninvited opinions. you have no right to tell anyone to repent based on your own belief system. are you a scholar of islam? are you in a position to advise me? i think not. youre the same person who asked if i was a Shia because i visited Iran and found it a beautiful place! You wear your prejudices on your sleeve for all to see. Laughable.
                            first of all i asked you
                            i didnt accuse you of being shia
                            theres no harm in a question
                            why wouldnt i ask when shias come here and do taqia and mess about
                            you said you went to iran so i asked

second of all this is not my own belief
                            many scholars have said that man made courts the judge and anyone involved in judging in these systems and helping the judge such as barristers
                            or jury service have committed shirk
                            as Allah is the only judge Allah is al Haqm
                            Allah said in the quran

أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِينَ يَزْعُمُونَ أَنَّهُمْ ءَامَنُوا بِمَآ أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكَ وَمَآ أُنْزِلَ مِنْ قَبْلِكَ يُرِيدُونَ أَنْ يَتَحَاكَمُوٓا إِلَى الطّٰغُوتِ وَقَدْ أُمِرُوٓا أَنْ يَكْفُرُوا بِهِۦ وَيُرِيدُ الشَّيْطٰنُ أَنْ يُضِلَّهُمْ ضَلٰلًۢا بَعِيدًا
                            "Have you not seen those who claim to have believed in what was revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you? They wish to refer legislation to Taghut, while they were commanded to reject it; and Satan wishes to lead them far astray."
                            (QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 60

Taghut is false deity u could say anyone that tries to play the role of Allah
                            and judgement belongs to Allah
                            you can look into this if you want
                            its known as tahaakum
                            but jury service basically play the role of Allah and judge people based on other than sharia therefore committing shirk
                            therefore an act of disbelief unless under compulsion(ikrah)
                            and there is no exscuse of ignorance in shirk

im telling you this for your own good
                            so you dont go to jahannam so you dont anger Allah
                            ive been through this many times
                            saying this stuff
                            i dont enjoy saying it all
                            its long
                            i only do it for the sake of Allah
                            so u die a believer and not a disbeliever
                            up to u to take heed of it or not

Comment

exactly my point. i had an idea how it worked before i went. and i didnt really see the value of it or necessarily agree with it. then i went and actually understood the issues and challenges of jury service.
                              its easy to opinionate and have a position on a matter - especially for some of those obvious posters with narrow, prejudiced and intolerant viewpoints on this forum - without actually knowing the reality. but i guess some are just content in their ignorance.
                              The reasons you disagreed with jury service I imagine were very different to some of the other posters on here. Hence why you were swayed more easily.
                              The other posters are not ignorant of reality but have more solid reasons for opposing it hence why they will not be swayed.

And no offence but your responses on here show your ignorance more than anyone else ...you don't necessarily have to agree with everyone but your rebuttals are just ....ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                              X