Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffragettes and other lies

Aswrwb.

It always interests me how certain things are portrayed and the reality of any given situation. With that in mind I wanted to share the "true" history of the suffragettes (women's movement).

Reading up on this in school etc you will see a lit of praise how these women fought for their rights and win the vote forvote for women etc

Now here is the truth.

The suffragettes were labelled terrorists by the British Govt and actually held back the women's vote.

They were involved in sending vials of poisons etc through the post, many which h shattered and injured postmen.

They were responsible for planting bombs in railways and churches (as they felt church held women back

The woman who died under the king's horse had served time as a terrorist for blowing up the Chancellor's house

Had it not been for the World war the govt had refused to negotiate with terrorists and if the suffragettes hadn't been on that list women would have got the vote earlier. The war got woken the vote.

I know the title is suffragettes but I would like a discussion and other examples of things we accept as true but in reality are a narrative that got created later

*If this is on the wrong section sorry and can it be put in the right one please

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Aswrwb.

It always interests me how certain things are portrayed and the reality of any given situation. With that in mind I wanted to share the "true" history of the suffragettes (women's movement).

Reading up on this in school etc you will see a lit of praise how these women fought for their rights and win the vote forvote for women etc

Now here is the truth.

The suffragettes were labelled terrorists by the British Govt and actually held back the women's vote.

They were involved in sending vials of poisons etc through the post, many which h shattered and injured postmen.

They were responsible for planting bombs in railways and churches (as they felt church held women back

The woman who died under the king's horse had served time as a terrorist for blowing up the Chancellor's house

Had it not been for the World war the govt had refused to negotiate with terrorists and if the suffragettes hadn't been on that list women would have got the vote earlier. The war got woken the vote.

I know the title is suffragettes but I would like a discussion and other examples of things we accept as true but in reality are a narrative that got created later

*If this is on the wrong section sorry and can it be put in the right one please
    نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Sounds like these Devil's should never have been given any rights.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I don't get how the British gov can call anyone terrorists given their exploits abroad with their rotten Empire, at the same time of the suffragettes movement.

They just give that label to anyone who challenges their socio-political and geo-political dictatorship everywhere they are present.

Even Nelson Mandela was a terrorist according to the wretched Margaret Thatcher, but I think his efforts against apartheid was commendable.

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
        I don't get how the British gov can call anyone terrorists given their exploits abroad with their rotten Empire, at the same time of the suffragettes movement.

They just give that label to anyone who challenges their socio-political and geo-political dictatorship everywhere they are present.

Even Nelson Mandela was a terrorist according to the wretched Margaret Thatcher, but I think his efforts against apartheid was commendable.
        Haha! Keep voting.

Comment

The kuffar even gave Nobel Peace prize to confirmed Terrorist scum like that Yehudi pm,

May Allah عز و جل destroy them.
          Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 01-12-18, 02:55 AM.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Haha! Keep voting.
            Yeah I will do. So what? I hope you feel comfortable in your apathy and our current government making deals with nations that oppress Muslims abroad.
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Yeah I will do. So what? I hope you feel comfortable in your apathy and our current government making deals with nations that oppress Muslims abroad.
              Every government has done that, not just the current one. You just called the British government a dictatorship yet you want to be a part of the system that enables them.

Not only do they oppress Muslims home and abroad, they lie to and manipulate their own people.

Comment

Mary Poppins made it looks so innocent...
                Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                  ...I know the title is suffragettes but I would like a discussion and other examples of things we accept as true but in reality are a narrative that got created later...
                  We saw the propaganda around the war in Iraq happening in real time. I remember thinking at the time how different it would have been if there was no internet in 2003. They probably would have pulled it off.

Comment

Whilst I may agree with the horrors of the empire etc what the suffragettes did was indeed terrorism. And if Mandela was responsible for the bombings if a bus then whats that?

The women's movement as a whole is a shambles, hypocritical and a joke if you read the truth behind some of it's purveyors

Comment

We saw the propaganda around the war in Iraq happening in real time. I remember thinking at the time how different it would have been if there was no internet in 2003. They probably would have pulled it off.
                      The sad thing about the war and the Arab spring etc was that people still bought into the propoganda despite what was in front of them. It was the first time in my life I genuinely thought people are stupid

It was like a person biting into a beef burger but saying I'm vegan and people saying "he's vegan"

Comment

Every government has done that, not just the current one. You just called the British government a dictatorship yet you want to be a part of the system that enables them.

Not only do they oppress Muslims home and abroad, they lie to and manipulate their own people.
                        So, do you agree that they are a dictatorship because you're actually living here, do you accept then the tyranny that they do?

And not all governments are the same, I actually didn't vote in previous elections for any party, since I came of age.

I like to judge by each party's manifesto and not by generalizing.

I live in the UK because it was my mum's choice, but I was born in Oslo, Norway. Also, the British invaded my ancestral land of North Somalia and colonised it, but we can't um, enter the UK likewise on more equitable terms?

They can exploit the whole world but people can't merely passively live in their territories? Idg what you're saying

Comment

So, do you agree that they are a dictatorship because you're actually living here, do you accept then the tyranny that they do?...
                          A democratic dictatorship, eh?

Comment

A democratic dictatorship, eh?

Tell me where I insinuated this.

Firstly, yeah in the UK they have elections and a parliamentary system.

I didn't say that all governments were fair and wouldn't misuse their position after being elected, but really people should think carefully before they vote.

Comment

Tell me where I insinuated this.

Firstly, yeah in the UK they have elections and a parliamentary system.

I didn't say that all governments were fair and wouldn't misuse their position after being elected, but really people should think carefully before they vote.
                              You said the UK is a dictatorship, and they have elections. Therefore, a democratic dictatorship, eh?

-_-

Comment

Working...
                              X