Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redneck Muslim

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I haven't watched the video in full but I thought you guys might enjoy this:

'Redneck Muslim | 2018 Online Film Festival | PBS'

https://youtu.be/rPpvGyn89ss

I have a brown neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
      I have a brown neck.
      Does that mean you don't get sunburns?

Comment

Did anyone watch this video?

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
          Doesn't look interesting
          ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
            Yes.

It was ... nice.

Comment

With American Muslims in the South, race is so binary- black and white. With them so worried about race and searching for ways to integrated Jahiliyyah into Islam, they never evolve into the binary nature of true Islamic identity and being American. They never evolve to the identity of Ahl ul-Islam and Ahl ul-Harb. They're still stuck in this "God is Love" falsehood.

Comment

was interesting

that accent though disgusting

Comment

This was nice. I liked how this brother is doing so much for his community in actively listening to others as well. When he mentioned that he wore a turban and a thobe to peeve off his parents, it reminded me of Hamza (ra) becoming Muslim out to spite to the Quraishis who were bad mouthing his nephew.

It also shows how Islam can go everywhere, right? But also how important a community is to people. Muslims are very closed off and we need to be more open. May Allah keep him and his family strong in the deen and raise his status in this life and the next. Ameen.

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  was interesting

that accent though disgusting
                  He has a Southern gentlemen accent. It's fine.

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
                  With American Muslims in the South, race is so binary- black and white. With them so worried about race and searching for ways to integrated Jahiliyyah into Islam, they never evolve into the binary nature of true Islamic identity and being American. They never evolve to the identity of Ahl ul-Islam and Ahl ul-Harb. They're still stuck in this "God is Love" falsehood.
                  If you take a look at American history and its present day it makes sense why race is such a big issue. It's not black and white, it's deeply entrenched in everyone's way of life. The brother created a society for Redneck Muslims, but realized that while it was nice having other white Muslims connect and not feel alone, it's better to connect to everyone which is why he spoke to the Black Muslims and changed the name. Isn't this a good thing?
                  Last edited by Pippin1376; 13-11-18, 12:23 AM.
                  مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                  It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                  Surah al-Baqarah
                  [2:245]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

This clip also shows that culture isn't something exclusive to people from back home. I've seen many members throughout my years on ummah say that white people don't have a culture and it's obvious they do. Everyone has a culture. To say that they don't or that those in the West don't is just illogical.
                    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                    Surah al-Baqarah
                    [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Working...
                    X