• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

No surprise
    why is that

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

why is that
      You don't really know what you're talking about and some of your comments are unhelpful/insensitive.

Comment

You don't really know what you're talking about and some of your comments are unhelpful/insensitive.
        i do know what im talking about
        its just that 1 thing i forgot

sometimes its better to be honest then sugar coat things

if youve opened a thread expect responses

'no suprise ' was rude but im not gonna say ur insensitive

Comment

Its not just thinking of something and seeing it happen, i can accapt your view on that but its the fear that i harmed others.

Totally when ypu are going through something you become hyperaware to things. And whether my fears are true or not i totally see that shaitan is trying to bring me down.

jazak Allah khair
          I dont know specifics but based on what i am seeing you should know that you should try to help people if you think that there is genuinely something wrong with them, but you have a life too. Stop worrying about about other people more than yourself. you are never going to be able to help anyone if you are so anxious and worried all the time. In fact you may cause more damage then good.

If you really want to protect people from being harmed then you should start focusing on yourself. Your not being selfish if you put your own needs first.

It’s wonderful that you care so much about your effect on others but dont destroy yourself in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

i do know what im talking about
            its just that 1 thing i forgot

sometimes its better to be honest then sugar coat things

if youve opened a thread expect responses

'no suprise ' was rude but im not gonna say ur insensitive
            Ok Im sorry about that comment.

Its true if you open a thread you should expect certain responses but this is something that causes a lot of anxiety, (i can accept that though).

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I dont know specifics but based on what i am seeing you should know that you should try to help people if you think that there is genuinely something wrong with them, but you have a life too. Stop worrying about about other people more than yourself. you are never going to be able to help anyone if you are so anxious and worried all the time. In fact you may cause more damage then good.

If you really want to protect people from being harmed then you should start focusing on yourself. Your not being selfish if you put your own needs first.

It’s wonderful that you care so much about your effect on others but dont destroy yourself in the process.
              I know that, ive avoided close people to me for ages over my own issues which causes regret (if i can even feel that at this point) because you can't get that time back.

I wanted to send some links to old threads to give you more info but i cant find where to message you.

Comment

I know that, ive avoided close people to me for ages over my own issues which causes regret (if i can even feel that at this point) because you can't get that time back.

I wanted to send some links to old threads to give you more info but i cant find where to message you.
                I’ll pm you.

Comment

No longer needed
                  Last edited by usernametaken; 05-03-19, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I dunno sis. Be careful not to entertain these negative thoughts, instead put your trust in Allah.

To keep in mind that nothing happens without Allah's permission and will, then you can think, well if Allah planned this, then as Allah is the most Merciful and Kind he can help me to overcome this, as the matter is up to Him only.

Humans go to governments, kings, people of authority for kindness, yet the one who controls all of the resources in the heavens and earth. So why don't we think that He would help us?

This is not to say that people can't help, we are obliged to work together to alleviate the hardships of people, but really there is an imbalance in the way people put their trust in limited and temporal things.

I mean I need to practice this, its hard to remember in the midst of distress and hardship, but I ask Allah to help us both have patience, trust and lots of hope in Him - ameen.
                    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 05-03-19, 04:16 PM.
                    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                      I dunno sis. Be careful not to entertain these negative thoughts, instead put your trust in Allah.

To keep in mind that nothing happens without Allah's permission and will, then you can think, well if Allah planned this, then as Allah is the most Merciful and Kind he can help me to overcome this, as the matter is up to Him only.

Humans go to governments, kings, people of authority for kindness, yet the one who controls all of the resources in the heavens and earth.... don't you think that He would help you?

This is not to say that people can't help, we are obliged to work together to alleviate the hardships of people, but really there is an imbalance in the way people put their trust in limited and temporal things.

I mean I need to practice this, its hard to remember in the midst of distress and hardship, but I ask Allah to help us both have patience, trust and lots of hope in Him - ameen.
                      I agree with the second para.

I am over the negative thoughts phase, i just keep ruminating over the consequences. I have to because it has affected my emotional state and there have been times where i dont respond appropriately because im not feeling a certain emotion and everyone else. Thats all i can share on here.

I know it seems like i am looking to trust people too much to help me, but it is affected my mental state so i have to seek advice from others and i cannot ask people in real life.

Comment

I agree with the second para.

I am over the negative thoughts phase, i just keep ruminating over the consequences. I have to because it has affected my emotional state and there have been times where i dont respond appropriately because im not feeling a certain emotion and everyone else. Thats all i can share on here.

I know it seems like i am looking to trust people too much to help me, but it is affected my mental state so i have to seek advice from others and i cannot ask people in real life.
                        Oh sis sorry I didn't mean it like that, I was just saying with that point that trusting in Allah helps with this kind of anxiety. In sha Allah you'll be fine sis, its sounds like you've come far in this ma sha Allah
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Oh sis sorry I didn't mean it like that, I was just saying with that point that trusting in Allah helps with this kind of anxiety. In sha Allah you'll be fine sis, its sounds like you've come far in this ma sha Allah
                          I wasn't offended, but sometimes i get frustrated because it seems like my fears are being overlooked lol.

Ive been keeping these thoughts in the back of my head while doing applying for, going to job interviews, working and so on so i know i need to confront them at some point. I initially joined the forum for this purpose.

Comment

I've kind of experienced similar things. I believe it's down to the law of attraction. Everything is energy, whatever energy you put out you shall receive. It's a growing trend in the west however there are many traits of the law of attraction found in Islam. I.e making dua, you are told to make dua with sincere certainty it will happen. This is also mentioned in the law of attraction.

Comment

Sixth sense?
                              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Haroon123 View Post
                                I've kind of experienced similar things. I believe it's down to the law of attraction. Everything is energy, whatever energy you put out you shall receive. It's a growing trend in the west however there are many traits of the law of attraction found in Islam. I.e making dua, you are told to make dua with sincere certainty it will happen. This is also mentioned in the law of attraction.
                                Is this an answer to my 'question' or are you talking generally?

Comment

Working...
                                X