Thinking about something...then it happens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about something...then it happens

Is it confirmation bias? I doubt it. There are times when im stressed and im over thinking and then i will process a thought/feeling and acknowledge it, then get over ot because it's not real, only for something to occur eg a few days later which requires the same level of emotional/mental thought.

I mean thoughts about unrelated stuff to what im stressed about. But because im stressed i get to think of this stuff.
    Last edited by usernametaken; 10-11-18, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Is it like thinking the phone is going to ring... and then it rings?

Comment

Bigger stuff like calamities (not that i feel comfortable talking about this).

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
          Bigger stuff like calamities (not that i feel comfortable talking about this).
          Your thinking, and the occurrence of calamities have no relationship.

Calamities occure by the permission and leave of Allah عز و جل , not because you thought about it or because someone else thought about it.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I hope so. Ofc everything occurs by the permission of Allah.
            i won't bother explaining the rest.

Comment

Is it confirmation bias? I doubt it. There are times when im stressed and im over thinking and then i will process a thought/feeling and acknowledge it, then get over ot because it's not real, only for something to occur eg a few days later which requires the same level of emotional/mental thought.
              Deja vu..
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

Deja vu..
                No it's not.

Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Sometimes you think of every possible outcome so eventually one of those thoughts come true but other times people just have a sixth sense about this. I get this a lot too...sometimes on a large scale..
                  Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

Deja vu..
                    Deja vu is when you feel like something is familiar but don't know why. With this thing I'm explaining you 'know' something and ot does not confuse you.

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

Sometimes you think of every possible outcome so eventually one of those thoughts come true but other times people just have a sixth sense about this. I get this a lot too...sometimes on a large scale..
                      yea its called a premonition,
                      i hate when i get it
                      “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                      they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

By large scale for me i mean i feel like something might happen to someone. Not national disasters or anything (in case that is how it came across). Sometimes i feel like i 'coud do something about it' but ive been going through a lot of my own issues so i ignore and it happens so i think maybe i should have done something. This never used to happen to me before until i got some anxiety and so on.

Comment

happened to me before
                          i think it was from Allah
                          because of it i saved my self from having something serious happening to me alhamdullilah

Comment

I have low iman so i dont even benefit

Comment

Doesn't help that this is all happening when im emotionally numb too.
                              Last edited by usernametaken; 10-11-18, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X