Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do mods get a DBS check before becoming mods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do mods get a DBS check before becoming mods?

hey peep so i was wondering do mods get a DBS check before becoming mods?
    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Doubt it

but they should seriously go through some psychometric tests at the very least because sometimes the moderating isnt quite up to scratch!

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Should they?
      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

Should they?
        i think they should for the safety of the members

Comment

This is a dumb question. What would be the need?

A DBS check is carried out to protect vulnerable people from individuals so disposed to harm them; on this forum, there is no physical contact that would allow a moderator the opportunity to harm an individual, even if he/she desired it. A DBS check would hence be useless.

Certainly, a moderator could be criminally-inclined such that he could do harm to forum users: for example, a hacker, but a DBS check would not reveal such information.

I have pointed out your blunder and your argument has been debunked; your thread is therefore redundant. Lol, quit trolling akhi. Facepalm.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

This is a dumb question. What would be the need?

A DBS check is carried out to protect vulnerable people from individuals so disposed to harm them; on this forum, there is no physical contact that would allow a moderator the opportunity to harm an individual, even if he/she desired it. A DBS check would hence be useless.

Certainly, a moderator could be criminally-inclined such that he could do harm to forum users: for example, a hacker, but a DBS check would not reveal such information.

I have pointed out your blunder and your argument has been debunked; your thread is therefore redundant. Lol, quit trolling akhi. Facepalm.
            lol joker

nah its a serous question and i think theres a need for it,
            some members come on in vulnerable state looking for answers,
            yea a DBS check cant fully exterminate every issue but its a start and better then not doing it at all

Comment

i think they should for the safety of the members
              What's the worst they can do? Send us an automated infraction.
              Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

lol joker

nah its a serous question and i think theres a need for it,
                some members come on in vulnerable state looking for answers,
                yea a DBS check cant fully exterminate every issue but its a start and better then not doing it at all
                A DBS check would have no impact, so it would be a waste of economic resources - they are not free, nor cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

What's the worst they can do? Send us an automated infraction.
                  you never know what can be done when it comes to people with power

and yea an infraction wont do much lol

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

A DBS check would have no impact, so it would be a waste of economic resources - they are not free, nor cheap.
                    im still in favour of it, so we'll have to agree to disagree

Comment

I’m guessing this is a background check? I believe they have access to our IP address. If you want to surf anonymously, there are tools for that. But every site you visit has access to that. I mean, what are they going to do, try to get into your phone/computer? I guess I don’t understand the incentive to do that. Or maybe they’ll come to our house... all the way to ‘murica, have lunch over here, maybe a bike ride :shrugs: My phone is boring anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post

I’m guessing this is a background check? I believe they have access to our IP address. If you want to surf anonymously, there are tools for that. But every site you visit has access to that. I mean, what are they going to do, try to get into your phone/computer? I guess I don’t understand the incentive to do that. Or maybe they’ll come to our house... all the way to ‘murica, have lunch over here, maybe a bike ride :shrugs: My phone is boring anyway.
                        yea its a criminal background check

Comment

yea its a criminal background check
                          Okay. What crimes can they commit, and what is the incentive? I’m more afraid of the members here, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post

Okay. What crimes can they commit, and what is the incentive? I’m more afraid of the members here, to be honest.
                            you make a good point about members but the mods are in positions so if they have DBS check that would be more safer for the users

Comment

you make a good point about members but the mods are in positions so if they have DBS check that would be more safer for the users
                              Convince me here. What is the crime, and what is the incentive?

Comment

Working...
                              X