Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you love yourself?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • do you love yourself?

    hey peeps was just talking to my Mrs about this, so I was wondering do you love yourself?

    I hate myself and everything about me to be honest...

    Do you think that we should even love ourselves?

    I'm curious to know what you think...
    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

  • #2
    Oh dear.

    Comment


    • #3
      No, not really. I did hate myself at one time, but that's changed. I just don't love myself. I could be a better person if I didn't procrastinate so much. May Allah make it easy for us to be better people.

      I don't think you should hate yourself, just hate the bad things you've done and try to avoid doing it again. You will screw up, but that ok, don't beat yourself up over it and try harder. If we were meant to be perfect and never do wrong things, there would be no purpose for Judgement day.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Oh dear.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Cute Deer _2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	12587857

        Comment


        • #5
          If you mean by love, appreciate, value, recognise who I am - a creation of the Almighty, created as man in the best of forms (fee ahsani taqweem) and honoured by Him (walaqad karramnaa banee Aadam) and given the opportunity to attain jannah and His Love and proximity to Him, how can I not love what I am? Subhaanallah, alhamdulillah. Allahu Akbar.

          How can I not love and appreciate what I am?

          Do I love that I am falling horribly short in doing what I should be doing, disobeying Him, lacking in being mindful of Him, and that my heart is filled with ugly traits, that my behaviour towards others is so terribly flawed?

          No.

          But I love that I am a creature who despite all this has a Creator Subhaanahu wa Ta'aalaa that is constantly willing to overlook my flaws, and pardon me and forgive me and treat with me Gentleness and tremendous, tremendous Kindness.

          If I don't, and I hate myself... am I then by doing so, being unappreciative towards the Creator Subhaanahu wa Ta'aalaa who has created me and given me and continues to give me all I have?
          Last edited by Fakhri; 02-11-18, 09:13 PM.
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          -------------------------------
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            Oh dear.
            -_-
            “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
            they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Abisali View Post
              No, not really. I did hate myself at one time, but that's changed. I just don't love myself. I could be a better person if I didn't procrastinate so much. May Allah make it easy for us to be better people.

              I don't think you should hate yourself, just hate the bad things you've done and try to avoid doing it again. You will screw up, but that ok, don't beat yourself up over it and try harder. If we were meant to be perfect and never do wrong things, there would be no purpose for Judgement day.
              Ameen

              its hard not to beat yourself up when youve got so much regret and remorse
              “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
              they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                If you mean by love, appreciate, value, recognise who I am - a creation of the Almighty, created as man in the best of forms (fee ahsani taqweem) and honoured by Him (walaqad karramnaa banee Aadam) and given the opportunity to attain jannah and His Love and proximity to Him, how can I not love what I am? Subhaanallah, alhamdulillah. Allahu Akbar.

                How can I not love and appreciate what I am?

                Do I love that I am falling horribly short in doing what I should be doing, disobeying Him, lacking in being mindful of Him, and that my heart is filled with ugly traits, that my behaviour towards others is so terribly flawed?

                No.

                But I love that I am a creature who despite all this has a Creator Subhaanahu wa Ta'aalaa that is constantly willing to overlook my flaws, and pardon me and forgive me and treat with me Gentleness and tremendous, tremendous Kindness.

                If I don't, and I hate myself... am I then by doing so, being unappreciative towards the Creator Subhaanahu wa Ta'aalaa who has created me and given me and continues to give me all I have?
                i think hating yourself doesnt have anything to do with appreciating that youre the creation of the almighty

                i find it interesting the angle that your looking at it with
                “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                  i think hating yourself doesnt have anything to do with appreciating that youre the creation of the almighty

                  i find it interesting the angle that your looking at it with
                  How would you define loving yourself? How would you know you love yourself?

                  Why hate yourself though? It is about appreciating that you are a creation of the Almighty.

                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                  its hard not to beat yourself up when youve got so much regret and remorse
                  Don't be too harsh on yourself. Alhumdulillah you realise you have things to regret and have remorse over so take the opportunity to ask Allah swt to forgive the reasons for remorse and regret.

                  Appreciate you are the creation of Allah swt. We are not perfect but if doors of forgiveness are still open then ask Allah swt forgive you.


                  Last edited by Mintchocchip; 02-11-18, 11:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                    hey peeps was just talking to my Mrs about this, so I was wondering do you love yourself?

                    I hate myself and everything about me to be honest...

                    Do you think that we should even love ourselves?

                    I'm curious to know what you think...
                    What did the wife say when you said that?

                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shay5 View Post

                      What did the wife say when you said that?
                      Or what did the wife say for you to say that?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeh

                        It's not like anyone else can offer me the love I have for myself, already learnt that the hard way.

                        I don't like people hurting me especially without reason, I will take things personally.

                        I don't like the mistakes I have made, my sins or any of my shortcomings, I'm not going to justify those just because I care about myself.

                        I've criticised myself before but I've never hated myself.

                        But even then, if I truly love myself then I have to prove that through how much I'm striving towards taqwa.

                        Love means different things to people, to me it means how content I am with myself.
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                        So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                          hey peeps was just talking to my Mrs about this, so I was wondering do you love yourself?

                          I hate myself and everything about me to be honest...

                          Do you think that we should even love ourselves?

                          I'm curious to know what you think...
                          What? Wow akhi, please give yourself some credit. You are guided by Allah as a Muslim, you are worthy for that, and people like myself feel helped by your threads here (like the one about anxiety), I don't know you in real life but you seem by your posts here, a thoroughly decent fellow.

                          Do you know this dua in the Qur'an, Musa's dua:

                          Rabb-ishrah li sadri, wa yassir li 'amri, Wah-lul 'uqdatam-min-li-saani, Yaf-qahuu qawlii

                          O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness); Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech, so they may understand what I say
                          [Surah Ta-Ha; 20:25-28]


                          This dua will help you with that feeling in your chest. Try reading it with the dua of Yunus alayhis salaam first which is: "la ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntum minaz-zalimin"

                          "There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers."
                          (Qur'an 21:87)

                          If you say the dua of Yunus first your dua will be accepted, because if you say the dua of Yunus (alayhis salaam) before any dua its accepted.

                          You're in my dua.
                          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                          And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                          أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                          Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                          Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                          Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

                            How would you define loving yourself? How would you know you love yourself?

                            Why hate yourself though? It is about appreciating that you are a creation of the Almighty.



                            Don't be too harsh on yourself. Alhumdulillah you realise you have things to regret and have remorse over so take the opportunity to ask Allah swt to forgive the reasons for remorse and regret.

                            Appreciate you are the creation of Allah swt. We are not perfect but if doors of forgiveness are still open then ask Allah swt forgive you.

                            im not sure how you define how to love yourself to be honest....

                            like i said its regret and remorse and yea youre right about being a time to ask for forgiveness
                            “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                            they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shay5 View Post

                              What did the wife say when you said that?
                              she cant understand why i hate myself although i tried explaining why
                              “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                              they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X