X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Ameen, wa iyyaak, dear brother.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Seem to have an unhealthy obsession (?) with roasted/salted peanuts/cashew nuts/almonds.

Dates too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
        Seem to have an unhealthy obsession (?) with roasted/salted peanuts/cashew nuts/almonds.

Dates too.
        Thats human food at least sis, I eat sweets which are probably honeyed corrosive chemicals or something lol
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
          (^For anyone who's happened to reply or or read pretty much anything I've written on here these last few days.)
          I ask Allah to ease your affairs.
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
            Seem to have an unhealthy obsession (?) with roasted/salted peanuts/cashew nuts/almonds.

Dates too.
            My diet today consisted of pretzels, oreo biscuits and a lot of coffee. You're doing better than me lol
            Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

• Not quite intermittent fasting but I was busy
              Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                Not quite intermittent fasting but I was busy
                IF is actually really good for you.

Comment

• Can someone please advise me? I need to make a decision about something asap and I asked Allah swt to guide me to which is best for me. Lets say I have to choose between option A and option B. I explained my situation to both my parents and they both advised me the exact same thing. They advised me separately yet they listed similar (super valid) points for why they think I should go with option A instead of option B, so I took that as a sign and made up my mind.

However, I also asked for advice from people who have had to make a similar decision to myself and majority of them are telling me to go with option B. I spoke to someone kinda important regarding it (someone who knows quite a bit about these things) and she too suggested I go with option B. I was actually leaning more towards option B too because if things work out then it would be the better option without a doubt, even then I have a very strong feeling inside my heart that I should go for option A instead. Idk why I feel this way but I just do. But at the same time I feel upset when I think about letting option B go because if it works out then it would be better for me and I kinda want it.

Does that mean Allah swt is guiding me towards option A because of the strong feeling I have even though people with experience about these stuff advised me differently? It's not like if I make the wrong decision it would be the end of the world, but it will stress me out for a few months and with Ramadhan coming up soon I really want to avoid that. I want to make the right decision. Sorry for the essay and if it's kinda confusing!
                  "Let the days do as they please
                  And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                  Do not despair due to the events of the past
                  For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

• Originally posted by Lavender View Post

Can someone please advise me? I need to make a decision about something asap and I asked Allah swt to guide me to which is best for me. Lets say I have to choose between option A and option B. I explained my situation to both my parents and they both advised me the exact same thing. They advised me separately yet they listed similar (super valid) points for why they think I should go with option A instead of option B, so I took that as a sign and made up my mind.

However, I also asked for advice from people who have had to make a similar decision to myself and majority of them are telling me to go with option B. I spoke to someone kinda important regarding it (someone who knows quite a bit about these things) and she too suggested I go with option B. I was actually leaning more towards option B too because if things work out then it would be the better option without a doubt, even then I have a very strong feeling inside my heart that I should go for option A instead. Idk why I feel this way but I just do. But at the same time I feel upset when I think about letting option B go because if it works out then it would be better for me and I kinda want it.

Does that mean Allah swt is guiding me towards option A because of the strong feeling I have even though people with experience about these stuff advised me differently? It's not like if I make the wrong decision it would be the end of the world, but it will stress me out for a few months and with Ramadhan coming up soon I really want to avoid that. I want to make the right decision. Sorry for the essay and if it's kinda confusing!
                    Sometimes your parents know best. They probably know you better then these other people. And they can probably see the outcomes of each option better then anyone else.

it's also better to have the support of your parents when making big decisions.

If they made points that you thought were valid then they clearly have you best interests in mind and they actually thought about each option.

But in the end it's up to you. You know your parents. Take into consideration why they made the decision that they did when everyone else advised you in a different way.

Comment

Can someone please advise me? I need to make a decision about something asap and I asked Allah swt to guide me to which is best for me. Lets say I have to choose between option A and option B. I explained my situation to both my parents and they both advised me the exact same thing. They advised me separately yet they listed similar (super valid) points for why they think I should go with option A instead of option B, so I took that as a sign and made up my mind.

Istikhara.

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

I ask Allah to ease your affairs.
                        Jazaa'akillah Khair, sister. May Allah Ta'aalaa grant relief for sister also, from whatever difficulties that are being faced.

... I feel as though I might post a thread on here soon asking for some advice, or just for du'aa, as right now I'm living in a situation where I've pretty much been told I have the displeasured/dissatisfaction of the two people that matter the most when it comes to pleasing the One (SWT) who made us.

Feels as though these last 5/6 months or so, whatever I may be doing to try to draw closer to the Rahmah of Allah Ta'aalaa is devoid/lacking in any kind of barakah we associate with such acts, knowing something else (mentioned above) is the priority I have no real choice but to see to and set right, whatever my own concerns and personal feelings on the matter.
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                        -------------------------------
                        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

Jazaa'akillah Khair, sister. May Allah Ta'aalaa grant relief for sister also, from whatever difficulties that are being faced.

... I feel as though I might post a thread on here soon asking for some advice, or just for du'aa, as right now I'm living in a situation where I've pretty much been told I have the displeasured/dissatisfaction of the two people that matter the most when it comes to pleasing the One (SWT) who made us.

Feels as though these last 5/6 months or so, whatever I may be doing to try to draw closer to the Rahmah of Allah Ta'aalaa is devoid/lacking in any kind of barakah we associate with such acts, knowing something else (mentioned above) is the priority I have no real choice but to see to and set right, whatever my own concerns and personal feelings on the matter.
                          Wa iyak brother

Check how the good act you wanted barakah in should be done. Like check how to do this good deed according to Sunnah, always put effort, concentration and hope in it. I thought about this, my previous struggles seemed to have little barakah cos I wasn't doing the proper effort and was engage in hopelessness and despair toward my deeds being accepted.

It wasn't until I started doing good deeds more sincerely in this way, as in hoping, putting energy into it and doing more of it than usual - which is all in the sunnah (to be vigorous in good deeds) that I felt barakah.

I hope that doesn't put pressure on you, akhi, I just feel I have experienced similar hardships.

As for those two people you mentioned, maybe show them more generous acts, like challenge your own personal best in being kind to them constantly. and I am sure your effort will show value and reward in this life and in the hereafter.

I ask Allah As-Samad to help us all with pleasing Him, to lead us to the happy home of the hereafter. I remind myself first too :)

Comment

wa alaikum salaam lavendar x

As sis Indefinable said do istikhara, and have tawakkul. I'd say write a table with the pros and cons and see which side has more points.

Comment

• Some people are so infuriating and backwards.
                              "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                              - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

• la3natullah allal kaafiroon

Comment

Working...
                                X