Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread - Post and Share here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
    I have a soft spot for the shaykh at the pfc shop. Very nice, humble man indeed. I go to his shop almost everytime for lunch. As such, he has grown to know me and I have grown to know him. We have some good Bengali banter. He likes to give me discounts on the food as well, ma sha Allah
    Lool same hes a top guy
    may Allah preserve him

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

      Lool same hes a top guy
      may Allah preserve him
      Allow it mate. Stop pretending you know which shaykh I am talking about

      Comment


      • Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
        I can understand some criticism salafism gets. It is very black and white. They don't care if people are going through some kind of cognitive dissonance or about nuance as long as you fit into the cookie cutter version they want you to be. Just my understanding based on my research and experience.¬
        My point is not specifically at people who claim to be salafia such as the western duaat like spubs and green lane masjid

        but the ummah as a whole each group thinks they are on the haqq and are the saved sect

        (Peope who claim to be salafi have it hard now lol there are so many different salafis those that follow rabi, those that follow haadi, those that follow only bin baz albani uthaymeen, those that make takfir on rulers and even within them they differ)

        conclusion each group has issues just try your best to follow quran sunnah and die as a muslim

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

          Ya shaykh, how did you get to level 70 so quickly? Ya shaykh, is the name you have in modern warfare your actual, real life name? Ya shaykh, do you like modern warfare? I don’t like it much tbh, maps are poor, gameplay too slow etc.

          Double xp ya shaykh. Once you hit level 55, the xp from 56-57 is the same as from level 1-2. I think my name on there is Musafir which is not my real name.¬¬†

          There's a gamemode on there called gunfight which I play with 3 other people. Other than that I definitely agree with you. There's also quite a few issues with the matchmaking imo.¬¬†
          Last edited by Poster; 02-12-19, 09:27 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

            From what i know of the story of the sister who give her hair to the man abu qudama
            she didnt go to his house she just spoke to him once but maybe you heard a different narration
            the one i read said she also made the hair seem dirty this was done to remove it from being a fitna

            also some rulings in fiqh are partially nfluenced by urf (cultural customs) and this is even engrained in the usool of different madhubs

            so in regards to hayaa different cultures will differ how they view it and what rulings are made in regards to it

            For example a daee said in saudi arabia a married couple holding hands was seen as immodest but in the west thats completely fine so its dependent on culture and customs

            (Saudi maybe different now)

            also in regards to cherrypicking sadly many people from different groups and methodologies do it

            they all pick quotes from sahaba and imams of the salaf and claim to be salafi or ahl al sunnah wal jama'ah or the ahl al hadith or taifa mansura
            shuyookh do this tullab al ilm do this its rampant in the ummah sadly
            I heard that she knocked on his door at night, asked if he is Abu Qudama, gave him something wrapped up and said it is an amanah. Then when he opened it he read the letter and got her hair.

            So what am I supposed to believe? Like if I think about what I heard from those duat, and I trust most of those duat too, how should my perception of haya be? I'm basing this off of things they said in private to women. Or is it because they're men it's not as bad?

            So when it comes to lowering the gaze, being careful with what you say to the opposite gender, khalwah, etc., how do western customs effect this?
            Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 02-12-19, 11:07 PM.

            They made not a just estimate of Allah such as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand. Glorified is He, and High is He above all that they associate as partners with Him!
            (Quran 39:67)

            .

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

              Do you mean you had a perception that Islam was stricter regarding modesty and you are finding info to the contrary ...or the opposite?
              I'm just confused right now. I think the duat confused me the most.
              Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 02-12-19, 11:08 PM.

              They made not a just estimate of Allah such as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand. Glorified is He, and High is He above all that they associate as partners with Him!
              (Quran 39:67)

              .

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

                Allow it mate. Stop pretending you know which shaykh I am talking about
                I know bro lol the main guy at pfc on the counter been there for years bengali not skinny but not too big either

                Comment


                • Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

                  I heard that she knocked on his door at night, asked if he is Abu Qudama, gave him something wrapped up and said it is an amanah. Then when he opened it he read the letter and got her hair.

                  So what am I supposed to believe? Like if I think about what I heard from those duat, and I trust most of those duat too, how should my perception of haya be? I'm basing this off of things they said in private to women. Or is it because they're men it's not as bad?

                  So when it comes to lowering the gaze, being careful with what you say to the opposite gender, khalwah, etc., how do western customs effect this?
                  Hmm maybe theres different narrations in regards to the story i personally seen 2 different ones my self already

                  Follow quran and sunnah, the sahaba and the rest of the salaf and then the classical ulama. Dont follow what these duaat say if it contradicts the previous especially if they dont have dalil. 

                  Strive to base your view  as close to kitab and sunnah as much as you can 

                  when i was talking about customs i meant in regards to things like holding hands with spouse not khalwa and gaze these things are already clear and plenty of evidences from the quran sunnah sahaba for this.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Poster View Post


                    Double xp ya shaykh. Once you hit level 55, the xp from 56-57 is the same as from level 1-2. I think my name on there is Musafir which is not my real name.¬¬¬†

                    There's a gamemode on there called gunfight which I play with 3 other people. Other than that I definitely agree with you. There's also quite a few issues with the matchmaking imo.¬¬¬†
                    70 wow ur a bangout
                    if u lot are on spec ops idm pm me for my username

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                      70 wow ur a bangout
                      if u lot are on spec ops idm pm me for my username
                      Ami toreh bondook dee shot marilimu. Toreh revive khortam nai

                      friendly fire khormu tumareh

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                        I know bro lol the main guy at pfc on the counter been there for years bengali not skinny but not too big either
                        Yes, sounds like him, although there are quite a lot of bengalis around that are not skinny but not too big either, so you haven’t exactly provided a good description

                        so let us see if you really know him. What’s his name?¬†

                        Comment


                        • No more Peace TV, lads

                          https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019...-to-broadcast/

                          ”Its sister company Lord Production Inc Limited, which held the licence to broadcast the English language Peace TV service, also surrendered its licence and the two channels are no longer broadcasting”.


                           

                          Comment


                          • All these years of education and i still dont know if quotation marks are placed after a full stop or before it....?¬†

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

                              Ami toreh bondook dee shot marilimu. Toreh revive khortam nai

                              friendly fire khormu tumareh
                              Yh right i gave you my psn already
                              your too shook to use a headset and speak wasteman

                              na i dont know his name i dont take it that far lol but its the guy at the counter with the cap on
                              maybe i seen you b4 in real life just never knew

                              i wonder how mamy ummamites i may have bumped into but not realised

                              Comment


                              • I think there needs to be a dislike feature so that we can dislike some posts

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X