Clear All

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post
    Someone... please other than me... post a new thread¬¬†
    What about? 

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

What about?¬¬†
      No idea
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
        We have a new user called Fanta>Mirinda¬
        Suban'Allah!
        I just came here to find a date! jk lolol.

Comment

• I've heard a few similar stories about these missionaries. They sound so manipulative. I used to know a guy on Ummahchat from a Pakistani family and he was kinda Muslim in name only. The men in his family were drinking alcohol, womanising and all sorts of messed up nonsense, but their day job was to run a garage repairing cars. Anyway one day a priest came in to try and talk to them about Christianity and they said you're our customer, we'll just repair your tyre but don't talk to us about such things, we're really not interested. The priest persisted saying leaving Islam isn't that unthinkable and he even knows someone from a Muslim background who converted to Christianity but they said they didn't want to know.

A couple of days later, the priest came back with some Bengali guy and introduced him as someone who left Islam to become Christian and this bunch of alcoholic womanisers gave him the biggest ear bashing, swearing and calling him all sorts, telling him what a shameless coward he was and how dare he.... lol the priests plan totally backfired and him and his Bengali friend made a swift exit. I thought that was hilarious.

Usually I avoid missionaries and preachers like the plague (I bet those Christian charities working with refugees by the Mediterranean are into all this coercive converting in exchange for aid and perks), but I did come across one really nice Irish guy many years ago. He genuinely didn't know about Islam so he knocked on my door and was asking things like "Do you believe in God... do you believe Jesus was sent by God to guide mankind" and when I said yes to everything he was really confused lol. I'd heard so many bad things about door to door that they harass and wont leave you alone that I kept my guard up and within 10 minutes refused to discuss things further, though deep down I've always regretted it cos he seemed genuinely interested and not putting it on to gain my trust. Once he asked what I believed I did tell him Islam and he literally asked "What's the difference?" and I said "We believe in worshipping God directly, not Jesus" so on a brief level I did give dawah, but wish I'd said more. I hope he did keep an open mind and find Islam eventually wherever he is- May Allah guide him, ameen.

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Yeah, a lot of them are very manipulative. I knew a sister who immigrated from an Arab country and they came to her house asking if she could teach them Arabic. She told me she was confused because when they came to her house for ghe lessons, they didn't really care about learning Arabic. She said they would just talk about "Yahweh". She's so innocent she was suprised to hear that they are missionaries.

They asked if I need help with anything when they came to the door. It just shows how they try to gain the hearts of people. The area I live in has a lot of Latinos and the second man was a Latino who I suppose converted and is now working as a translator.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

apparently, it burns and hurts for a couple of days

¬
            Aww sis...hijama definitely doesn't burn or hurt for a couple of days.

I've had it done a few times and I totally forgot I've gotten it done after a couple of hours.

The cuts only cause mild discomfort like pen pricks , nothing serious.

The cups cause purplish scars but they don't hurt. The marks go away completely within a week.

My SIL is a hijama expert. She has a special suction machine for the head, so one doesn't need to have any hair shaved nor apply anything to get hijama done on the head.

Comment

• Been a while...
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

• Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                Been a while...
                Nice son. Nice.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

apparently, it burns and hurts for a couple of days

¬¬†
                  Like others have said I also found it did not burn or hurt. Infact I did not feel sore at all. You can feel the suction but it is not a pain as such. Also the cuts are like very very tiny scratches. 

I was afraid to get hijama so had to watch some sisters get it done just so I could see their reaction and also I wanted to see how the hijamist would do the hijama.

After I had it done the first time I was looking forward to getting it again. I have had it done a good few times. I want to get it done again but the lady who does it not doing it due to her having other committments.  

Comment

• Christian missionaries pull their stunts on the sly in war places too like in Mosul and even in some areas of afghanistan.

Comment

• Looking at the immense suffering of children in war torn areas really helps put one's own problems into perspective. I guess that's why the prophet said to look at those less fortunate then yourselves, not those who are better off then yourselves.¬†
                      Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the worldís ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.Ē

Comment

• Al- Hafeedh
                        (
                        The Preserver, The All-Heedful and All-Protecting)

The One Whose power preserves the heavens and the earth. He is the Guardian and Preserver of all the worlds. Al-Hafeedh is heedful of all the actions that we perform by His Knowledge and He protects His slaves from all kinds of hardship and evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                          That’s so creepy, how do they even have access to that type of information?

it genuinely upsets me when these people try to act all friendly just to lure you in. I remember these 3 women used to talk to my sisters and I all the time and were always so nice every morning when we would get coffee, and then one day they started bringing up converting and Christianity.

honestly at this point I just hope my character and actions make people interested in Islam. I used to try to give dawah to members of my family who weren’t Muslim but it’s very crushing when it doesn’t resonate with people who you want to help the most. I’m not too good with words so I try my best to set a good example.
                          If I google my mom's address, I can see my parents names and an old roommates name. I'm pretty sure there are websites that show the name of homeowners.

I admire their persistence and zeal, but it's absolutely disgusting that they're calling to shirk. I wish they would call to Allah.

It is. Insha'Allah, one day they will be guided.
                          وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
                          (Quran 20:124)

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                            I've heard a few similar stories about these missionaries. They sound so manipulative. I used to know a guy on Ummahchat from a Pakistani family and he was kinda Muslim in name only. The men in his family were drinking alcohol, womanising and all sorts of messed up nonsense, but their day job was to run a garage repairing cars. Anyway one day a priest came in to try and talk to them about Christianity and they said you're our customer, we'll just repair your tyre but don't talk to us about such things, we're really not interested. The priest persisted saying leaving Islam isn't that unthinkable and he even knows someone from a Muslim background who converted to Christianity but they said they didn't want to know.
                            A couple of days later, the priest came back with some Bengali guy and introduced him as someone who left Islam to become Christian and this bunch of alcoholic womanisers gave him the biggest ear bashing, swearing and calling him all sorts, telling him what a shameless coward he was and how dare he.... lol the priests plan totally backfired and him and his Bengali friend made a swift exit. I thought that was hilarious.
                            Usually I avoid missionaries and preachers like the plague (I bet those Christian charities working with refugees by the Mediterranean are into all this coercive converting in exchange for aid and perks), but I did come across one really nice Irish guy many years ago. He genuinely didn't know about Islam so he knocked on my door and was asking things like "Do you believe in God... do you believe Jesus was sent by God to guide mankind" and when I said yes to everything he was really confused lol. I'd heard so many bad things about door to door that they harass and wont leave you alone that I kept my guard up and within 10 minutes refused to discuss things further, though deep down I've always regretted it cos he seemed genuinely interested and not putting it on to gain my trust. Once he asked what I believed I did tell him Islam and he literally asked "What's the difference?" and I said "We believe in worshipping God directly, not Jesus" so on a brief level I did give dawah, but wish I'd said more. I hope he did keep an open mind and find Islam eventually wherever he is- May Allah guide him, ameen.
                            How amusing. I hope that experience discouraged him from trying to call Muslims away from the deen.
                            I'm sure they do. I remember going to church and the pastor spoke about how some missionaries went to Syrian refugee camps and said that they met two ex-ISIS fighters who saw Jesus in a dream and left Islam for Christianity. I have doubts about whether the story is true, but I don't doubt that these people go to refugee camps to prey on Muslims.

Ameen. Insha'Allah, that was enough to set him in the right direction. If he was as curious as you say, then I'm sure he would have gone on to read more. May Allah reward you.

I've come across some people I met in public I was able to give dawah to, but it always turns out in a strange way... I didn't say anything weird, but it just had to do with the type of people that spoke to me.
                            وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
                            (Quran 20:124)

Comment

• I deal with professors, doctors (those who hold a PhD), postdoctoral researchers and PhD students on a daily basis, and many of them can’t seem to follow basic instructions. I understand that not everyone is tech-savvy, but I do not want to spoon-feed you everything. Please use your initiative, I’m sure you have used it before. Khalas

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X