The Random Thoughts Megathread - Post and Share here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Alhamdulilah the posts about driving have now made me wonder if I could start learning how to drive and stuff in sha Allah
    Honestly sis if you donít have responsibilities such as kids & stuff do itttttt! Itís my biggest regret that I gave up and now when I badly need to drive Iím stranded lol
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Check east london
      ¬¬*or any asian area in birmgham or manchester or luton etc something like that
      Im not in those areas unfortunately. Iíve checked my city and I donít think thereís any females at all doing the crash course ahhh longgg

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Im not in those areas unfortunately. Iíve checked my city and I donít think thereís any females at all doing the crash course ahhh longgg
        Yh i meant check muslim areas you have to be willing to travel for a week

Comment

I am learning in an automatic lol. My issue is that i keep coming across conman driving instructors (well conwomen lol) who just want £££. Iíve found someone who seems genuine but she is very unreliable when it comes to booking lessons
          Driving lessons generally are very expensive nowadays. I remember back in the days they were £18-20 per lesson and that seemed so expensive. Can you not check online for reviews of driving schools and go with the one that's highly recommended? I suppose there are many more male instructors than females.
          People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

• Originally posted by Veracity View Post

Driving lessons generally are very expensive nowadays. I remember back in the days they were £18-20 per lesson and that seemed so expensive. Can you not check online for reviews of driving schools and go with the one that's highly recommended? I suppose there are many more male instructors than females.
            In my city the lessons are around £25

theres a shortage of female instructors who also do automatic and plus Iím in the outskirts of the city so I really donít have much choice. The one I went to seemed to have good reviews so I was quite disappointed with my experience

Comment

• have you asked people in your local area if they know good female instructors? I found my driving instructors through word of mouth, first through a relative passing a phone number, then another through a friend. I think first of all prioritise finding a good female instructor even if she can't do an intensive crash course and just get started. If over time her schedule allows it, then ask if you can block book longer lessons or that sort of thing and take it from there. It might not be as fast as a crash course but would be quicker than doing two lessons a week like I did.

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

theres a shortage of female instructors who also do automatic and plus Iím in the outskirts of the city so I really donít have much choice. The one I went to seemed to have good reviews so I was quite disappointed with my experience
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

You might have to consider what brother Abu Julaybeeb suggested and travel for a week for the crash course.

I remember my first driving instructor - she made me spend the first few lessons in the carpark (such a waste). She would turn up late, cancel last minute and to top it off she would randomly turn up outside my school and say I had a driving lesson (which I didn't) and make out I had forgotten. I can't believe I actually allowed that lol
                People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

• I'm getting the same pains the day after I have red meat. So seems like red meat is the cause.
                  There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rahma.;n12637608]

I hereby declare that:

Have you tried doing some simple stretching before retiring daily?

It is said to help with sleep as it relaxes muscles, eases tension.

Also to concentrate on breathing (when trying to sleep), to make it calm and quite slowed.

May Allah grant you ease and relief, ameen.

Jazakillah khayr for reminding us of these Beautiful Words. :)

May He grant us the reality of these much yearned for Words in the Aakhirah as He brought them into our knowledge and delighted us with the hope for them in this

thanks sis. Ameen. May Allah bless you- Ameen.
                    Last edited by usernametaken; 12-09-19, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                      have you asked people in your local area if they know good female instructors? I found my driving instructors through word of mouth, first through a relative passing a phone number, then another through a friend. I think first of all prioritise finding a good female instructor even if she can't do an intensive crash course and just get started. If over time her schedule allows it, then ask if you can block book longer lessons or that sort of thing and take it from there. It might not be as fast as a crash course but would be quicker than doing two lessons a week like I did.

I have but they keep saying oh donít go with a lady just go with a man etc. The lady I have is someone that was recommended to me but because I am a bit out of her way I feel she canít be bothered to pick me up so whenever she has a spare hour sheíll give me a lesson and otherwise she doesnít and my lessons with her are not consistent

Comment

• Originally posted by Veracity View Post

You might have to consider what brother Abu Julaybeeb suggested and travel for a week for the crash course.

I remember my first driving instructor - she made me spend the first few lessons in the carpark (such a waste). She would turn up late, cancel last minute and to top it off she would randomly turn up outside my school and say I had a driving lesson (which I didn't) and make out I had forgotten. I can't believe I actually allowed that lol
                        Subhanallah! My instructor used to sit and draw illustrations for half the lesson for like 10 lessons so I was literally getting half of my driving time and then she would only show me one thing eg roundabouts. When I said to her i need to progress she would force me to take 2/3 lessons a week and say ill
                        only teach you more if you take more lessons

the icing on the cake was that she didnít teach me manuoveres and then forced me to take my test! I goes how can I take my test when I donít know maunouveres and she laughed it off before saying I should take a lesson every single day before my test! I failed lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Morose View Post

I am not your sidekick.

Do not quote, mention or allude to me or my posts in any way, shape or form.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190911-210744_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	12637660

Comment

• How long does it take for everyone to function in the morning? I woke up an hour early but still as late as ever.

Comment

Subhanallah! My instructor used to sit and draw illustrations for half the lesson for like 10 lessons so I was literally getting half of my driving time and then she would only show me one thing eg roundabouts. When I said to her i need to progress she would force me to take 2/3 lessons a week and say ill
                              only teach you more if you take more lessons

the icing on the cake was that she didnít teach me manuoveres and then forced me to take my test! I goes how can I take my test when I donít know maunouveres and she laughed it off before saying I should take a lesson every single day before my test! I failed lol
                              My one kept swearing and would get angry
                              i dont like these kuff instructors
                              Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 12-09-19, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190911-210744_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	12637660
                                Lolll son.

Comment

Working...
                                X