The Random Thoughts Megathread - Post and Share here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    i just asked a question on here ^ and you're right. I know there are online scholars but i need an answer asap and idk who to ask or how long they will take to reply. There are no scholars i know irl, sadly.Â*
    u can try ask ask asim al hakeem he answers alot of questions via social networking

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

1. People mostly seek help on the internet not because they can't find any in real life, but because it's convenient and anonymous. It's a lazy approach.

2. In most cases, the forum can't help so I nip it in the bud. I don't accept responsibility for any situations becoming worse or people turning away from Islam due employing an erroneous approach that I shut down.

3. This forum should not be used as a Q&A service as such. That's not to say people can't ask questions and have discussions. If they 'don't seem to be very practicing' then an online forum full of random laymen and deviants is the last place they should seek knowledge. This is basic stuff.

4. Equating a Q&A service with a scholar and Q&A with random people doesn't need any explanation.
      Haha, the son has really been spoken to as a “son”. His post thoroughly refuted, and it was on the open forum too.

He really ought to have saved it for WhatsApp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post

Hmmmm.

Well. I already accomplished Ameership on this forum. And the poll I made shows I am still within rights to gain it back.

And being Ameer is much more significant than being a moderator.

In any case, nah I wouldn't want to be a moderator. The less time I spend here the better.
        Save it for WhatsApp son, save it for WhatsApp.

Comment

1. People mostly seek help on the internet not because they can't find any in real life, but because it's convenient and anonymous. It's a lazy approach.

2. In most cases, the forum can't help so I nip it in the bud. I don't accept responsibility for any situations becoming worse or people turning away from Islam due employing an erroneous approach that I shut down.

3. This forum should not be used as a Q&A service as such. That's not to say people can't ask questions and have discussions. If they 'don't seem to be very practicing' then an online forum full of random laymen and deviants is the last place they should seek knowledge. This is basic stuff.

4. Equating a Q&A service with a scholar and Q&A with random people doesn't need any explanation.
          Yes, the more people who use in-person means to get their questions answered the better.

And I am the first one to always say the forum should not be used as a fatwa service. What I mentioned about the fatwa service was just to give an example.

In general, I think you should be friendlier and when closing topics, a pre-written message should be posted apologizing for the closure of their thread and encouraging them to use in-person means or a fatwa service. Maybe you can even include some links (islamqa, islamweb, mufti q&a, assim al hakeem, etc. - some people are unaware of these means to get their questions answered).

This will make the forum rules clear and there will be no confusion on anyone's part as to why the threads are being closed.

In the end, these people are going through issues and sometimes have major problems, even if their approach is incorrect. And they should be dealt with in a nice manner.
          Last edited by Abu Abdur_Rahman; 16-05-19, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morose View Post

Save it for WhatsApp son, save it for WhatsApp.
            Loll... son. Abu Julaybeeb here doesn't want to save it for whatsapp. He tried to get me to edit my post too.

Comment

Yes, the more people who use in-person means to get their questions answered the better.

And I am the first one to always say the forum should not be used as a fatwa service. What I mentioned about the fatwa service was just to give an example.

In general, I think you should be friendlier and when closing topics, a pre-written message should be posted apologizing for the closure of their thread and encouraging them to use in-person means or a fatwa service. Maybe you can even include some links (islamqa, islamweb, mufti q&a, assim al hakeem, etc. - some people are unaware of these means to get their questions answered).

This will make the forum rules clear and there will be no confusion on anyone's part as to why the threads are being closed.

In the end, these people are going through issues and sometimes have major problems, even if their approach is incorrect. And they should be dealt with in a nice manner.
              Everyone is aware of these websites. Everyone is aware of books and lectures because they are widely available. Everyone knows their masjid. The problem is the disconnect with these institutions. We all agree on that. However, there is a culture on the forum of enabling this approach. We're not going to get anywhere until enough users favour a more structured platform. At the moment it's the opposite.

Comment

Loll... son. Abu Julaybeeb here doesn't want to save it for whatsapp. He tried to get me to edit my post too.
                u didnt understand what i meant

would you like me to expose what sn9.5 means
                :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

sn9.5 means
                  Sons?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

u didnt understand what i meant

would you like me to expose what sn9.5 means
                    :p
                    Lol

I haven't done anything son. Seems like you want to get back at me for something.

And don't you mean a KM 8.9?

Comment

Everyone is aware of these websites. Everyone is aware of books and lectures because they are widely available. Everyone knows their masjid. The problem is the disconnect with these institutions. We all agree on that. However, there is a culture on the forum of enabling this approach. We're not going to get anywhere until enough users favour a more structured platform. At the moment it's the opposite.
                      At this point the discussion isn't about whether or not to allow such threads to be made and be kept open on the forum. We can agree on disallowing them for the reason you and others mentioned.

But you still have to inform them about the forum rules and clarify the reason behind closing.

Comment

At this point the discussion isn't about whether or not to allow such threads to be made and be kept open on the forum. We can agree on disallowing them for the reason you and others mentioned.

But you still have to inform them about the forum rules and clarify the reason behind closing.
                        Reasons are usually given. Most people disagree...

Comment

Reasons are usually given. Most people disagree...
                          The written statement I mentioned will solve a lot of issues.

Comment

• Im the first in the mosque and theres a guy cleaning the ladies section, so its just me and him
                            Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaas View Post
                              Im the first in the mosque and theres a guy cleaning the ladies section, so its just me and him
                              How're you first if there is already a guy in there?

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

How're you first if there is already a guy in there?
                                Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Working...
                                X