Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the guidance from istikhara change over time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the guidance from istikhara change over time?

Imagine I got a job offer right now and I did istikhara (perhaps several times) for guidance. I then thought that it would be best to say no to the job.

A year later, I get the same job offer, should I do istikhara again or will there be no need as I have got guidance one year ago and so I should just reject again?

This is a made up example so I apologise if it confusing or if I haven't properly understood istikhara.

If you feel like you wouldn't mind giving this situation another chance then yes do isthikaara again because your circumstances might be different now so even though last year it was not right for you, this time round it could be for you.

So decide if you want this or not and ask Allah if it will be good for your akhira

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

^ I second that. Pray istakharah again. Perhaps, whatever the case/situation/job is, it becomes khayr for u the second time around.
      Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 12-10-18, 11:45 PM.
      رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Working...
      X