Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forum Quietness is Strange... ?

As-salamu 'alaikum

Yes, I know, another thread about this phenomena! Don't mind. :)

What is interesting is that, though this forum is quiet/activity-less a lot of the time, there (always?) seems to be a significant amount of visitors to the site. (I'm assuming the numbers are accurate and not a false misleading number.) These visitors must be of different levels and backgrounds and must have different intentions for being here and that's natural and expected and hence it doesn't seem it's because of the active users here, as the active users are diverse too.

Some visitors probably do use this forum as an archive; some discussions have already taken place in the past and so the material/advice is already available.

However, there are hundreds and even over a thousand visitors at times, and it's very feasible to imagine that UF activity would increase with even under a hundred active users.

It's just strange because, yes, there are tech issues, and issues about how people treat each other and issues and issues etc, but that's almost everywhere and it doesn't stop people. Many people like to talk, even shy people and people who use few words, talk. And there are such people active here. Also, issues on UF are not stopping those who are active on the forum from taking part.

So irrespective of what issues are present on the forum, it's just strange that all those hundreds/thousand visitors daily, who are ACTUALLY visiting the site, have so much restraint that keeps them so silent!

Is it not peculiar?
    What could it be, unless the visitor number simply isn't accurate? But how/why would that be?

"There are currently 956 users online. 14 members and 942 guests."

I always felt like the guests are bots. Any way to confirm? Are they actual people, and if so, what the heck are they viewing? Old threads?

Comment

I remebere this being always as strange

Comment

i always thought of this aswell

Comment

So it's not just me confused about this then.

It seems strange that all those hundreds/thousands of people come to the site daily and are always viewing old threads, while many of the new threads are hardly viewed. It's also strange that such a big number of people can come here and be so so silent for so long...

Maybe a mod or admin can clarify this because it's really looking like the visitor/guest number is not real.... or it doesn't represent human guests?

Comment

illuminati

Comment

That's actually how I joined UF. I used to google Islamic topics and often UF would be first google's search result.

I do believe that those people are real. There are almost 2 billions of Muslims worldwide and how many others interested in Islam in some ways and I believe they're just like me, reading topics on a certain issue they're trying to figure out.
              Don't rush your salat for anything, as you are standing in front of
              The One who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for!

Comment

Originally posted by Benefy View Post
                That's actually how I joined UF. I used to google Islamic topics and often UF would be first google's search result.

I do believe that those people are real. There are almost 2 billions of Muslims worldwide and how many others interested in Islam in some ways and I believe they're just like me, reading topics on a certain issue they're trying to figure out.
                Ummah forum is banned in many places such as India. Also it seems like this mostly populated by british and americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Benefy View Post

true i did the same

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post

Ummah forum is banned in many places such as India. Also it seems like this mostly populated by british and americans.
                    Wow, banned? Why?

Still, there's a lot of people looking for some answers :)
                    Don't rush your salat for anything, as you are standing in front of
                    The One who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for!

Comment

if the guests are bots does that mean sajid has used a load of bots to bump up the traffic for the forum so it places higher on google searchs?

is that how it works?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

the forum is dry and needs reviving
                        “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                        they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                          the forum is dry and needs reviving
                          It's not that bad, every now and then you get some characters that add some spice but then quickly disappear to the little boys/girls room.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

It's not that bad, every now and then you get some characters that add some spice but then quickly disappear to the little boys/girls room.
                            i think the forum has gone downhill since the forum upgrade
                            “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                            they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

i think the forum has gone downhill since the forum upgrade
                              A bad workman blames his tools.

Comment

Working...
                              X