Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of another forum?

السلام عليكم

Been just a reader for a while and thought I'd join. :)
    Was just wondering:
    1. Are any of you on other forums as well? 2. Or did you used to be a member of another forum before this one?

Not me

Comment

Loads. They're all closed down now.

Ironic as UF was the only one I didn't like (back then) lol.

Comment

IslamicBoard. Was so much better when it was under the old administrator.

Still, not bad. But not much goes on there
        Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
          IslamicBoard. Was so much better when it was under the old administrator.

Still, not bad. But not much goes on there
          I didnt like islamicboard

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

I didnt like islamicboard
            Any particular reason?
            Watch those eyes

Comment

• Abu julaybeeb
              Abu julaybeeb commented
              Editing a comment
              Im just use to uf

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
            Loads. They're all closed down now.
            Ironic as UF was the only one I didn't like (back then) lol.
            Would you be willing to say which forums you were part of before? You don't have to if you prefer not to.
            I used to visit some, years ago. I'm just wondering if I've come across you before... :)

Comment

Yes, there seems to be a number of forums out there that are lifeless... no one has posted for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahma. View Post
                Would you be willing to say which forums you were part of before? You don't have to if you prefer not to.
                I used to visit some, years ago. I'm just wondering if I've come across you before... :)
                Islamic Awakening, Revolution Muslim, Jamia Hafs Urdu Forum, Islamic Board ... Trust Islam, a few others ... I forgot.

What about you?

Comment

• Abu julaybeeb
                  Abu julaybeeb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jamia hafs urdu
                  Lol

• Indefinable
                  Indefinable commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How's that funny?

Jamia Hafs Urdu Forum
                You can understand Urdu?
                Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post

You can understand Urdu?
                Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahma. View Post
                  Yes, there seems to be a number of forums out there that are lifeless... no one has posted for years.
                  You didn't say... what Forums did/do you frequent?

Comment

Indefinable Islamic awakening seemed fun but their layout was always messed up for me.

So, The Student Room, and some celebrity sites that have political and cultural discussions which I go to for.

Quora, I made one post for, and the Ruqya Shariah forums.
                    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                      Indefinable Islamic awakening seemed fun but their layout was always messed up for me.

So, The Student Room, and some celebrity sites that have political and cultural discussions which I go to for.

Quora, I made one post for, and the Ruqya Shariah forums.
                      The layout was like a normal/traditional Forum - on IA. But yeah, it was a pretty big place and very active when I was on it. (Probably a decade ago).

The Student Room - What's the environment like on there? I've heard some negative things about that place.

Hope you're doing well sis.

Comment

• LailaTheMuslim
                        LailaTheMuslim commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It was normal i think before but when ever I tried to go on the layout would be not working properly and i could never read the posts lol

The environment on The student room is ok for me because I like to get into debates a lot lol

I'm fine sis, hows u and the little one? xx

You didn't say... what Forums did/do you frequent?

Oops, sorry!
                      I read only a little bit on IAwake. really long time ago. IBoard, I'm guessing maybe I read 1 or 2 threads - not sure, think it wouldn't load properly.. wasn't a member of either. I don't recognise the others that you mentioned. Years ago I used to read alFitrah, here and there - mainly cos I recall 3 sisters made me laugh and posted some heart-moving things but then I forgot about it and later found it had gone. There is only one forum which I actually was a member of - it was the first time I knew of forums, again a long time ago, it's gone now and you didn't list it, I wondered if you might be from there, particularly a Pakistani sister, but it doesn't seem so... she used to write good English like you, but then she used to add some slang and shorthand here and there - she spoke differently. :)
                      And then I didn't visit any for years.
                      I'm not really much of a forumer, and like you, wasn't comfortable with Ummah either; I came across it years ago when I think it was very active - think all the sections overwhelmed the younger-me, probably felt a bit lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X