Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please post inspiring stories!

Asalam Alakum brothers and sister in Islam and faith,

I feel very inspired today from a severe calamity that came my way. It was a severe panic attack that came from nowhere. It was difficult at first as I felt a great sense of helplessness and fear. I remembered Allah and starting making dhikr. Then I prayed like I never prayed for a while. Ya Allah Ya Allah, How I felt after returning to Allah. I felt safe, peaceful, calm, and transquil. I have been searching for restlessness and calmness and I found just that today.

Now you heard my story from today. Please post any inspiring stories you have from personal experiences, from history, or from a friend or something you heard. There is a reason why Allah inspires us with stories from the past and we need just that. Please post and jazakAllah Alkhair. May Allah have mercy on everybody. Alhamdullah for everything. Salam alakum.

https://www.freewebs.com/islamic-site/warrior/omar.html

Click link about
    omar mukhtar (the lion of the dessert) رحمه الله
    flying in the soul of a green bird ان شاء الله

Comment

Story time! (anonymous):

"I had a new Daghestani neighbour, she was very close to having a new born and had three other children; oldest girl being five , middle girl aged three and youngest boy aged one. All three were from different fathers meaning she got widowed and remarried thrice. The last husband (she was expecting from)she got a khula from him and really disliked him. She was living with another friend of hers and I visited them a few times and they were really kind- they were not well off but would serve you with whatever they had available in their house. Sometimes I would see her and the oldest girl coming back from school and she would be so exhausted from walking and her obvious medical state...but still always always smiling and never did I hear any complaints. I had to speak to her in Arabic since she only spoke Russian and her Arabic was terrible it was such an effort to make her understand and sometimes I never understood her completely and she would get sad saying her Arabic really sucks. She had a nice sense of humour actually; even in her broken, almost disabled Arabic I could understand her jokes and remarks.

Twice they had tried coming over but I wasn't home both times and the kids seemed really excited about it so to make up for that I invited them one day and they were so happy- seeing an orphan happy will just melt your heart and put so much affection for them in it. They had so much fun jumping on my new mattress with my little one year old, they had food, coffee, cookies/cake and hot chocolate and I had to go and warm up more milk each time because they just wanted more hot chocolate. At the end their mom told them to stop being excessive and that they had had their fill. It was clear they hadn't had milk in very long most probably because they weren't able to afford it subhanAllah. Towards the end their mother asked me for a favour- she needed someone who wouldn't mind paying off her debt for the sake of Allah. I told her I would get back to her very soon however within that week they moved to another house which was much farther away from mine. As I got hold of the amount I went over to her and she was so thrilled and relieved as she was almost getting the big burden of debt off of her shoulders and alhamdulillah she paid it off. The next day she asked me to come over because I wanted to do hijamah and she would take me to a professional she knew and also the kids were really missing their little friend (my daughter).That night there was unexpected artillery hitting closeby followed by two airstrikes and more artillery. I was hearing that a drone had targeted civilian houses near a state landmark. I got really alert after I realized how close that landmark was to the Daghestanis. So the next morning I walked as fast as I could to their house and found it levelled to the ground with the exterior of the entire house now all peices of rubble you would think all the inhabitants must have been crushed to death. Now that was exactly the case, nobody survived and Allah had saved them from injury and pain and taken their souls immediately..people had found them killed since soon after the bombing. The sister still hadn't given birth.

I then remembered when the kids had come over and whilst they were jumping on the bed, warplanes were flying above us and the oldest girl was saying "taiyara mushkila" meaning these planes are a problem but she was far too excited for the bouncy bed so she continued jumping and having fun, ignoring the wretched roaring of the planes. I'm not sure of how they would have been feeling right before the strike- were they scared from the artillery or maybe they were sleeping. Prior to a drone strike very rarely do you hear the aircraft and especially when you are the target it is almost impossible (Allah knows best.)I also remembered how her mother said she wants to be free of debt as soon as possible as she was afraid of its consequences in the hereafter. I never saw such perfect timing-you paid off your debt hours before your death? Allahu Akbar indeed Allah is Perfect and He facilitated everything for her.

Almost two weeks after the incident I had a dream about her and she was glowing with light and looking relaxed and happy telling me, 'don't be sad nothing happened to us, we are fine.' "

may Allah accept them ameen
      They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
      And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
      For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

Comment

• Abu julaybeeb
        Abu julaybeeb commented
        Editing a comment
        Ameen thumma ameen

I asked Allah for comfort from a Surah of the Qur'an during some distressing news this week.

I opened the Qur'an and first saw Surah Talaq, which many of the verses from it speak of Allah giving help to those who fear and obey Him and helping them from sources they could never imagine.

Another verse from the Surah stated that Allah never places burden on people they cannot bear (paraphrasing).

I will never forget (in sha Allah) how Allah helped me here.
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ummsayfullah View Post
        Story time! (anonymous):

"I had a new Daghestani neighbour, she was very close to having a new born and had three other children; oldest girl being five , middle girl aged three and youngest boy aged one. All three were from different fathers meaning she got widowed and remarried thrice. The last husband (she was expecting from)she got a khula from him and really disliked him. She was living with another friend of hers and I visited them a few times and they were really kind- they were not well off but would serve you with whatever they had available in their house. Sometimes I would see her and the oldest girl coming back from school and she would be so exhausted from walking and her obvious medical state...but still always always smiling and never did I hear any complaints. I had to speak to her in Arabic since she only spoke Russian and her Arabic was terrible it was such an effort to make her understand and sometimes I never understood her completely and she would get sad saying her Arabic really sucks. She had a nice sense of humour actually; even in her broken, almost disabled Arabic I could understand her jokes and remarks.

Twice they had tried coming over but I wasn't home both times and the kids seemed really excited about it so to make up for that I invited them one day and they were so happy- seeing an orphan happy will just melt your heart and put so much affection for them in it. They had so much fun jumping on my new mattress with my little one year old, they had food, coffee, cookies/cake and hot chocolate and I had to go and warm up more milk each time because they just wanted more hot chocolate. At the end their mom told them to stop being excessive and that they had had their fill. It was clear they hadn't had milk in very long most probably because they weren't able to afford it subhanAllah. Towards the end their mother asked me for a favour- she needed someone who wouldn't mind paying off her debt for the sake of Allah. I told her I would get back to her very soon however within that week they moved to another house which was much farther away from mine. As I got hold of the amount I went over to her and she was so thrilled and relieved as she was almost getting the big burden of debt off of her shoulders and alhamdulillah she paid it off. The next day she asked me to come over because I wanted to do hijamah and she would take me to a professional she knew and also the kids were really missing their little friend (my daughter).That night there was unexpected artillery hitting closeby followed by two airstrikes and more artillery. I was hearing that a drone had targeted civilian houses near a state landmark. I got really alert after I realized how close that landmark was to the Daghestanis. So the next morning I walked as fast as I could to their house and found it levelled to the ground with the exterior of the entire house now all peices of rubble you would think all the inhabitants must have been crushed to death. Now that was exactly the case, nobody survived and Allah had saved them from injury and pain and taken their souls immediately..people had found them killed since soon after the bombing. The sister still hadn't given birth.

I then remembered when the kids had come over and whilst they were jumping on the bed, warplanes were flying above us and the oldest girl was saying "taiyara mushkila" meaning these planes are a problem but she was far too excited for the bouncy bed so she continued jumping and having fun, ignoring the wretched roaring of the planes. I'm not sure of how they would have been feeling right before the strike- were they scared from the artillery or maybe they were sleeping. Prior to a drone strike very rarely do you hear the aircraft and especially when you are the target it is almost impossible (Allah knows best.)I also remembered how her mother said she wants to be free of debt as soon as possible as she was afraid of its consequences in the hereafter. I never saw such perfect timing-you paid off your debt hours before your death? Allahu Akbar indeed Allah is Perfect and He facilitated everything for her.

Almost two weeks after the incident I had a dream about her and she was glowing with light and looking relaxed and happy telling me, 'don't be sad nothing happened to us, we are fine.' "

Oh, this is from war-zone, Syria, right? I was a kid during war in Bosnia and thanks to this story I remembered all the terror. Not only the terror, but how value system was different. I'd been scared all the time, but also, during the war we never cared about almost anything else but surviving or dying and the family members. And now, 23 years after everything seems disturbing.

Hope she's getting Firdwes with her children... Ameen
        Don't rush your salat for anything, as you are standing in front of
        The One who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for!

Comment

• ummsayfullah
          ummsayfullah commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes.
          Alhamdulillah we experienced fear in this world but these tyrants will taste something we cannot even perceive in the hereafter.

Story time! (anonymous):
        did alot of the women
        remarry that many times ?

Comment

• ummsayfullah
          ummsayfullah commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes and some even more

May Allah put fear in the hearts of the oppressors and destroy them

Comment

Story time! (anonymous):

please post as i cant reply to comments

why so many times

Comment

@ummsayfullah You too are from Syria?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

please post as i cant reply to comments

why so many times

Because their husbands got killed why else

Comment

Because their husbands got killed why else
                  Yes obviously

what i meant was
                  was it due to a need for provision
                  protection
                  Companionship
                  father figure
                  just to gain ajr
                  etc

but marrying that many times can also be an issue for children
                  they will have a new dad every other day
                  Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 12-09-18, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Yes obviously

what i meant was
                    protection
                    Companionship
                    father figure
                    just to gain ajr
                    etc

She did it because it was sunnah

Comment

Yes obviously

what i meant was
                      protection
                      Companionship
                      father figure
                      just to gain ajr
                      etc

Probably a combination of all those factors and probably more reasons.
                      If the husbands keep getting killed or it doesn't work out then of course they have to re-marry.

Comment

I have just read an amazing story on Facebook. It's from a person that's not so in deen practice.
                        His wife was very sick and since the day they discovered her health state he constantly prayed to Allah for her recovery. After few days in the middle of a night while he heard a voice telling him: "Don't worry my abd, your wife will be fine." He jumped out of the bed, checked out every corner of his home for the voice was pretty clear in order to find a person that said those words. The day after the doctor called to inform him that they have another medical report and he went to the hospital. Again, while waiting for the doctor he heard: "Don't worry, she's going to be fine inshaAllah." Then the doctor came, gave him report and said: congratulations, your wife is cured.

Comment

Working...
                        X