Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any unusually pleasant-smelling Itr suggestions (for brothers)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any unusually pleasant-smelling Itr suggestions (for brothers)?

To buy from the UK?

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah. Quick question as above.

Reasonably priced (ie. Not something that costs a fortune but comes in a bottle the size of your finger-tip. :| )

Also not the usual (al-faris / Al -Rehab) ones you get in 6ml or 3ml roll-ons.

Also (:p) please not the bizarre-smelling ones. Like the ones that give you intrusive thoughts about person next to you arriving for salah possibly having handled fresh cow-dung earlier.

I think some of the nicer Itr I owned was from unknown brands in Bangladesh and India. Unusual, somewhat fruity (watermelon, pineapple). Unfortunately unable to get hold of them any longer.

Jazaa'akallah Khair.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

https://daralmusc.com

i was recomended the website above once, im not sure if theres an english layout...

i ordered 2 scents from them that scented delicious, and because delivery was delayed a couple days they added a free scent, very good service, ofcourse you cant smell them before you order, and it may be too dificult to order since the website is french....
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Fakhri
      Fakhri commented
      Editing a comment
      Jazaa'akillah Khair sister, will have a look inshaa'Allah.

I just buy some essential oil like tea tree oil or peppermint oil and they work fine for me. Peppermint oil is great if you just use a couple of drops on your scalp, it will cool you down and help prevent dandruff and it smells great. Don't use it anywhere else because it will burn the crap out of your skin. Tea tree oil is good anywhere, and has good benefits for your health.

If you find that you have a body odor problem, I recommend you use apple cider vinegar when you shower. Pour some in a spray bottle and spray on your problem areas (like armpits) after you have washed with soap. Let it sit for 1-3 minutes and rinse again. You'd be surprised how well it works.

Comment

• Fakhri
      Fakhri commented
      Editing a comment
      Jazaa'akallah Khair.

I wasn't expecting a reply like that, tbh!

No it's not really for anything like that, I've been using some of western fragrances for a while (I'd rather not), and the Itr I would normally use has run out. The ones I have I don't particular like, in all honesty.

Just occurred to me that maybe others know of some very nice Itr that I'd also like. An elderly uncle gifted me something at the end of Ramadhan, alhamdulillah, it was very nice and unusual and probably quite expensive, but it had no name on the bottle.

Originally posted by Abisali View Post
    I just buy some essential oil like tea tree oil or peppermint oil and they work fine for me. Peppermint oil is great if you just use a couple of drops on your scalp, it will cool you down and help prevent dandruff and it smells great. Don't use it anywhere else because it will burn the crap out of your skin. Tea tree oil is good anywhere, and has good benefits for your health.

If you find that you have a body odor problem, I recommend you use apple cider vinegar when you shower. Pour some in a spray bottle and spray on your problem areas (like armpits) after you have washed with soap. Let it sit for 1-3 minutes and rinse again. You'd be surprised how well it works.
    Now that you mention that, frankinsense and bergamot go really wel together, and lavender blends well with those too
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Is it ITR or ATR ? I actually read it as "unusually pleasant-smelling LTR (Litter) suggestions"

i thought the bro was asking tips for toilet training his cat lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        I wasn't expecting a reply like that, tbh!
        I just want to make it clear that I wasn't trying to imply you have a body odor problem. It's just that I like to promote apple cider vinegar as much as I can since it works really well for many things. I don't use commercial shampoo anymore due to it causing me dandruff problems, so I scrub my scalp with a mixture of baking soda and water. I let it sit for a few minutes, rinse and then spray my hair with the vinegar to condition it and to kill anything that may cause dandruff.

I also only use aluminum free deodorant because aluminum has been found to cause alzheimer's and has other bad effects. I found that non-aluminum deodorants don't work as good as those that have aluminum so I wash with vinegar on especially hot days and never have a problem.

I do recommend you try the oils, I sometimes use vanilla and found that most people like it, the only problem is it causes them to get hungry. I am sure if you go to a store that has a collection, you'd find some that you'd like. It's better than paying for synthetic stuff.

Comment

• aynina
          aynina commented
          Editing a comment
          Woke, I make homemade soap and homemade deodorant myself for simalar reasons

'Oud Muqaddas is very good. It usually lasts for a few days and leaves a lasting fragrance on your clothes, even after washing them.

Comment

• Fakhri
          Fakhri commented
          Editing a comment
          Jazaa'akallah Khair brother, you've been gone far too long! But it's nice to see you posting. Alhamdulillah. Hope you've been well. Not many people on here these days, though...

Edit
          --------
          On second thoughts, better off going and trying.
          Last edited by Fakhri; 12-08-18, 02:21 PM.

Fakhri wa feek Akhil kareem, it's been a very long time Indeed, hope you've been keeping well too alhamdulillah :)

Yes, the forum's quietened down a lot and many members have become inactive especially after the new update. Insha'Allah they all come back and liven this place up again.

Comment

Working...
        X