• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imam Continues Salah During Earthquake

https://youtu.be/fEBMxJN3jTk
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Muwahid

Comment

• Fakhri
      Fakhri commented
      Editing a comment
      Alhamdulillah, there were a few brothers behind him too, one who continued unphased as though nothing at all was happening. Subhaanallah.

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    سبحان الله

Reminds me of this Ayah,

Surah Al-Isra' : Ayah 68

اَفَاَمِنۡتُمۡ اَنۡ یَّخۡسِفَ بِکُمۡ جَانِبَ الۡبَرِّ اَوۡ یُرۡسِلَ عَلَیۡکُمۡ حَاصِبًا ثُمَّ لَا تَجِدُوۡا لَکُمۡ وَکِیۡلًا ۙ

Do you then feel secure that He will not cause a side of the land to swallow you up, or that He will not send against you a violent sand-storm? Then, you shall find no Wakil (guardian one to guard you from the torment).

how many of us feel secure, thinking it wont happen to us
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 07-08-18, 02:54 AM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

amazing, Subhana Allah
      Last edited by Magic.; 07-08-18, 03:40 PM.
      8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
      2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

He should have ended the salah and lead people to safety. It was an emergency situation.

"A video clip of an Imam (may Allah preserve him and bless him) continuing the salah during an earthquake is making its rounds and people seem quite proud of it. The reality is that this was not the best thing for him to do. Of the five necessities that must be preserved (according to Islamic jurists) is the preservation of life. In a situation like this, the life of those following the imam cannot be forgotten about. While some may have run off (and justifiably so), others may have remained because the imam is considered to be a knowledgeable person who is to be followed. An earthquake is an emergency situation and precautions need to be taken to try and protect oneself. Therefore, it would have been better to leave the salah and help the people to safety, and Allah knows best. The salah could be prayed once things settle.
        https://islamqa.info/en/3878"

Sh yunous kathrada
        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

• Fakhri
          Fakhri commented
          Editing a comment
          Jazaa'akillah Khair. I was speaking to a brother earlier about this whole incident, him having grown up in a country where they're trained in the right way to react when something like this happens, so I suppose the imam would have known what to do... Just imagining being in that situation... If caught in the middle of such a thing and in Salah, what would be the instinctive thing to do if one thought there was no escape from it even if one did break his Salah to seek shelter...? Of course there are others there behind him so it makes things a bit different... I wonder how many would do the same because essentially when in Salah a person is standing right before literally the One (SWT) who is in absolute control of the event and able to safeguard you. The rational thing would be to follow the ruling, but in that moment with that kind of fear, I imagine we might react in a different way... Allahu a'lam.

• Saif-Uddin
          Saif-Uddin commented
          Editing a comment
          Akhi Fakhri from what we can see, the Imam Feared Allah عز و جل more than the Earthquake and most likely wanted to die in Salaah.

سبحان الله

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
        He should have ended the salah and lead people to safety. It was an emergency situation.

"A video clip of an Imam (may Allah preserve him and bless him) continuing the salah during an earthquake is making its rounds and people seem quite proud of it. The reality is that this was not the best thing for him to do. Of the five necessities that must be preserved (according to Islamic jurists) is the preservation of life. In a situation like this, the life of those following the imam cannot be forgotten about. While some may have run off (and justifiably so), others may have remained because the imam is considered to be a knowledgeable person who is to be followed. An earthquake is an emergency situation and precautions need to be taken to try and protect oneself. Therefore, it would have been better to leave the salah and help the people to safety, and Allah knows best. The salah could be prayed once things settle.
        https://islamqa.info/en/3878"

Sh yunous kathrada
        One of the best way to die is in Salaah, and to be raised in that state. Subhanallah.

We already know that even in War, we have to pray Salaah, even though we might be attacked and killed.

Your argument is the same as someone holding a gun to a Muslims temple and ordering him to renounce Islam, and he doesn't and dies a Shaheed.

You would tell us he should have renounced islam because permission is given under compulsion.

Facepalm.

Earthquakes happen on large scale, trying to run away from an earthquake is no guarantee of survival.

The Imam feared Allah عز و جل more than the Earthquake.

The link you posted to IslamQA is not talking about Salaah when Earthquake happens, or twlltel us to outrun an Earthquake.

This one is,

https://islamqa.info/en/163821

Jazakallahu khair
        Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 08-08-18, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Asked Sheikh Abu Musab, and he confirmed that continuing the Salaah as the Imaam did is permissible.

He also said there is nothing wrong in running.

We haven't got half the level or Taqwa and some of us point fingers in Ignorance.

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Comment

• Fakhri
            Fakhri commented
            Editing a comment
            It's interesting. The brother I spoke to is an alim / taalibul 'ilm. and he was more in agreement with the view posted by Sr Rumaysah, that preserving life would take precedence, but also that had he died there in salah It would have been a virtuous death, inshaa'Allah.

I don't think it's about trying to outrun an earthquake tbh... but it's advised (in his words) that if indoors, people should try to get under desks, tables, etc if one occurs.

Like you say, though, there's no guarantee, and I can't help thinking that continuing to pray like he did and then going into sujood seeking the protection of Allah Ta'aalaa would be the thing you'd want to try to do instinctively.

(Allahu a'lam.)

• Saif-Uddin
            Saif-Uddin commented
            Editing a comment
            It looked like he had absolute trust in Allah عز و جل as he kept reciting Ayatul Kursi, and not the table or something else that was gonna protect him from the earthquake.

Were hardly in any position to belittle or say he should have dived under the table.

Just like the Shahid who wouldn't renounce his faith, even though certain death faced him and it is permissible for him to do so to save his life.

That is real Taqwa.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

One of the best way to die is in Salaah, and to be raised in that state. Subhanallah.

We already know that even in War, we have to pray Salaah, even though we might be attacked and killed.

Your argument is the same as someone holding a gun to a Muslims temple and ordering him to renounce Islam, and he doesn't and dies a Shaheed.

You would tell us he should have renounced islam because permission is given under compulsion.

Facepalm.

Earthquakes happen on large scale, trying to run away from an earthquake is no guarantee of survival.

The Imam feared Allah عز و جل more than the Earthquake.

The link you posted to IslamQA is not talking about Salaah when Earthquake happens, or twlltel us to outrun an Earthquake.

This one is,

https://islamqa.info/en/163821

Jazakallahu khair
            Go 'facepalm' all the sheikhs who say you can leave salah during an emergency. You're talking to me like this is my own personal opinion made from thin air. it has nothing to do with someone dying in a battle or being killed by an enemy. Completely different situations. This is a natural disaster. If someone under duress renounced islam or kept firm and died, that's his decision which only affects him. However, here there is an entire congregation following the decions of the imam. Not only the imam could die but everyone else that's with him.
            ​​​​​​
            On top of that, the women's section might have collapsed and maybe those who left the salah managed to help women and children on the way.

Just because it's an earthquake doesn't mean there aren't safety measures to follow to keep as safe as possible.
            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

From what I heard also from my own end there is different opinions in this matter.

Both views are correct in opinions from what I heard.
              From what I've been told on this matter, the imam feels at that point of time he can continue the salah. and he decided on that.

the people behind him who ran also is not wrong to do so. and if this includes the imam.

Individually people access the situations accordingly and react to the circumstances.
              You can't blame the imam, really. He knows what to do and he chose to continue his prayer.

See how much people can learn from this video is to stay steadfast.

this is like the most famous video, been seeing it like everywhere.

there were some bad comments from what i heard in the videos section ,but for them they can all talk but if they were in the same situation, they will ___________________ (you fill in the blanks)

respect to the Imam.

Comment

(Br Abu 'Abdullaah - please feel free to close the thread if you like. I think we can see there are two ways of looking at it... Alhamdulillah. I guess there's no need to drag things into places that don't really add much in the way of benefit. Jazaa'akallah Khair.)
                Last edited by Fakhri; 08-08-18, 03:13 PM.
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                -------------------------------
                "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Mintchocchip
                  Mintchocchip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with you brother.

No one really knows what went through the imams mind at the time unless he told them.
              Working...
              X