Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which person in history do you admire or have a liking to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which person in history do you admire or have a liking to?

First and foremost, Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is the ultimate role models for the believers and is our noble and beloved example.

However, the question is not particularly who we love the most but as an individual, who we have a soft spot for and stands out in history.

For me it is Salahudin Al Ayyubi also known as "Saladin" in English. This is a man that reminds me of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and reminds me of Khalid Ibn Waleed.

He was a warrior, he admired the scholars and had knowledge himself. He was a genius in the battlefield, it did not matter how many of the Crusades there were (outnumbering the Muslim by the many and by the many fold), by the will of Allah, he defeated them all.

He showed kindness and compassionate, like how Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم entered Makk'ah and showed forgiveness after extremely harsh persecution, Salahuddin Al Ayyubi followed his example after the Muslims in Jerusalem had severe injustice, he showed mercy and forgiveness.

He was both a King and a warrior. He didn't live in palaces or castles but rather in the battlefield; in the tent and praying the salah in congregation.

He also had a beautiful ending as one of the shayukh said that on his tomb, his followers wrote that, O Allah grant him his final victory and enter him in to the gates of Paradise, or something like that.
    Last edited by Kiro; 05-08-18, 03:54 PM.
    I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

After the Nabi peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and his companions, I am very inspired by this amazing woman: http://aboutislam.net/family-society...qNTrY.facebook

Also, Omar Mukhktar, Sheikh Albani for being a beacon of knowledge even close to the end of the 20th century, Franz Fanon, the poet Wanda Coleman, and Malcolm X of course!
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Kiro
      Kiro commented
      Editing a comment
      That was a nice read.

The lives of Imam Bukhari, Imam Ahmed, and Ibn Taymiyyah were very inspiring, how they held on to their deen even under persecution and being exiled. Imam Bukhari and Ahmed had amazing dreams confirming that they were indeed upon the truth. I love dream stories so that inspires me.

I usually immediately say Umar Ibn Khattab (ra) is my favourite sahabi cos of his just leadership, but Uthman Ibn Affan (ra) went through a trial with the khawarij killing him, and he had a beautiful dream before dying which was of the Prophet PBUH giving glad tidings that he will break his fast in Jannah with his companions that had died, and with the Prophet PBUH himself. It brings the feeling of warm tears to my eyes.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Fakhri
      Fakhri commented
      Editing a comment
      Jazaa'akillah Khair. Alhamdulillah. Some amazing examples there.

Mullah Omar, Abdullah Muhaysin and Abu Muhammed Jolani. Just due to the difficulty of the current era of corruption but they despite all that chosen to stay upright. Their values rise due to the difficulty of the current era.

Good deeds are like currency and they tend to rise high when there is time of difficulty but this men truly live or lived in times of difficulty
    Last edited by DreamsofHope; 07-08-18, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofHope View Post
      Mullah Omar, Abdullah Muhaysin and Abu Muhammed Jolani. Just due to the difficulty of the current era of corruption but they despite all that chosen to stay upright. Their values rise due to the difficulty of the current era.

Good deeds are like currency and they tend to rise high when there is time of difficulty but this men truly live or lived in times of difficulty
      Why would u choose snakes like jolani and jolani

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Why would u choose snakes like jolani and jolani
        looll

Comment

Umar ibn Abdul Aziz rh

i believe he was the first mujadid right?

Comment

• Abu julaybeeb
            Abu julaybeeb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes he was
            Also known as 5th rightly guided khalifa
            After him imam ahmed

Malcolm X. Who could've imagined that someone with such a traumatic and disadvantaged childhood, who grew up to be a pimp and drug dealer could've led the final years of his life as a pious Muslim and eloquent role model whose words and legacy resonate with generations born long after he died? I like to sometimes give his autobiography to young Muslim brothers whom I think would benefit from it- especially those who were drawn to the whole "gangster" culture and music scene.
          Last edited by neelu; 14-08-18, 06:23 PM.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Fakhri
            Fakhri commented
            Editing a comment
            Good mention. Alhamdulillah.

Originally posted by neelu View Post
          Malcolm X. Who could've imagined that someone with such a traumatic and disadvantaged childhood, who grew up to be a pimp and drug dealer could've led the final years of his life as a pious Muslim and eloquent role model whose words and legacy resonate with generations born long after he died? I like to sometimes give his autobiography to young Muslim brothers whom I think would benefit from it- especially those who were drawn to the whole "gangster" culture and music scene.
          His autobiography is amazing. He knew he was going to die at the end.
          8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
          2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

His autobiography is amazing. He knew he was going to die at the end.
            May Allah make him amongst the shuhada

Comment

Looking back in history I must say that a lot of people really made a huge contribution and it's hard to single out someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

May Allah make him amongst the shuhada
                Salahuddin Al Ayyubi made history. He was dodging arrows and fighting men like Richard.
                I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Aasiyah bint Muzaahim
                  Sumayyah bint Khayyaat رضي الله عنها

Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه
                  Last edited by ummsayfullah; 20-08-18, 03:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
                  They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
                  And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
                  For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

Comment

Working...
                  X