Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nationalism - why is it such a disease in the ummah?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nationalism - why is it such a disease in the ummah?

    slaams peeps, nationalism - why is it such a disease in the ummah?

    why do people put their country in front of the kalima and islam
    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

  • #2
    People get sucked in through different of ways. One of the big ones is commercial sport.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
      slaams peeps, nationalism - why is it such a disease in the ummah?

      why do people put their country in front of the kalima and islam
      Although this Filth existed for thousands of years, the sad thing is the Kuffar/Mushrikun have used Nationalism as a satanic tool to divide and keep the Ummah seperated, and clueless Nationalists still don't realise this.

      Abdullah is right about Sports being used to further Nationalism, we even saw it blatantly during World Cup.
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

      "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

      – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        People get sucked in through different of ways. One of the big ones is commercial sport.
        true say
        “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
        they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

          Although this Filth existed for thousands of years, the sad thing is the Kuffar/Mushrikun have used Nationalism as a satanic tool to divide and keep the Ummah seperated, and clueless Nationalists still don't realise this.

          Abdullah is right about Sports being used to further Nationalism, we even saw it blatantly during World Cup.
          why do the muslims follow the kuffar/mushrikeen when it comes to nationlism?
          “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
          they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

          Comment


          • #6
            Many people seek a sense of belonging & a sense of empowerment - some find this in nationalism

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

              why do the muslims follow the kuffar/mushrikeen when it comes to nationlism?
              Coconut Muslims akhi,

              They seek to please the kuffar and go down the lizard hole,

              They have a massive inferiority complex, seeking honour, respect, praise etc through other than islam,

              These coconuts hardly ever learn, no matter how many reminders from the Quran and Sunnah are given,

              They praise, they follow and look up to the lowest of the low, loosers, their concept of success is completely twisted.

              Nauzubillah
              Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-07-18, 05:14 PM.
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

              "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

              – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

                Coconut Muslims akhi,

                They seek to please the kuffar and go down the lizard hole,

                They have a massive inferiority complex, seeking honour, respect, praise etc through other than islam,

                These coconuts hardly ever learn, no matter how many reminders from the Quran and Sunnah are given,

                They praise, they follow and look up to the lowest of the low, loosers, their concept of success is completely twisted.

                Nauzubillah
                yea defo a inferiority complex

                even in the world cup we saw the muslim players singing along with their national athems
                “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                  yea defo a inferiority complex

                  even in the world cup we saw the muslim players singing along with their national athems
                  That's because the Dirty disease of Nationalism has entered deep inside their hearts,

                  Nauzubillah

                  Jazakallahu khair akhi
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                  "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                  – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

                    That's because the Dirty disease of Nationalism has entered deep inside their hearts,

                    Nauzubillah

                    Jazakallahu khair akhi
                    Subhan'Allah it is
                    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Human beings instinctively feel more secure when they feel part of something, when they feel a sense of belonging, partly due to the survival instinct (safety in numbers) and partly even due to the reverence instinct (looking up to an identity they consider greater than themselves and this can manifest as religious belief or belief in ideology such as communism or in idolising celebrities or it can manifest as looking up to nationalism/tribalism and revering its symbols). The instinct itself is not haram as it's part of what drives us to worship Allah (swt) so nationalist sentiment is merely the misdirecting of a natural instinct towards a false bond based on something shallow.

                      People do it because it gives them a sense of belonging so without it they feel a bit lost and empty and I think certain Muslims do it because they are so marginalised that they feel this is their one chance to feel part of something and feel the satisfaction of that sense of belonging even if it's in a shallow and wrong way. I also think this sense of belonging is the reason why misguided teenagers join gangs.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                      Comment


                      • Abisali
                        Abisali commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I came here to say this and you put it better than I ever could.

                    • #12
                      I post on a Pakistani forum which is mainly aimed towards nationalists. You get all sorts of people from different countries there.

                      Leaving aside the more general reasons for people having nationalistic tendencies, one thing I've noticed is that some Pakistanis on there are slightly more nationalistic due to mistreatment of Pakistanis or Pakistan (in the internal sphere) by other Muslim countries. For example, many Muslim countries don't support the kashmir issue properly so some users on there may ask why should they support Palestine in return etc... There's a lot of ill will between Muslims from different nations so this also leads to feeling of nationalism because people feel they can only rely on their own ethnicity/nationality.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

                        Although this Filth existed for thousands of years, the sad thing is the Kuffar/Mushrikun have used Nationalism as a satanic tool to divide and keep the Ummah seperated, and clueless Nationalists still don't realise this.

                        Abdullah is right about Sports being used to further Nationalism, we even saw it blatantly during World Cup.
                        No doubt I'm glad bangladesh are not good in any sports I see people of many countries whether cricket or world cup you can see the sickness of nationalism comes out its a filth nationalism sports definitely brings this out

                        it would have created nationalism in the heart of myself unknowingly

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                          slaams peeps, nationalism - why is it such a disease in the ummah?

                          why do people put their country in front of the kalima and islam
                          good thread
                          Ya Allah,
                          Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                          "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Nationalism is based on the instinct of competitivenesd. It is tied to tribalism, and racism- it is "me vs you" and "my family vs your family" and "my tribe vs your tribe" and "my nation vs your nation". The Prophet (saws) called it "asabiyah" as its tribal form, and he called it "rotten".
                            It has since been developed by Western imperial powers using Occultism. They dug preIslamic artifacts, ruins, etc celebrated them as Glorious", and toldMuslims "you are Egyptian, Syrian, Iraqi, etc
                            Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                            " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X