Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking knowledge part-time?

Salam alikum brothers & sisters

My question is; How do you seek knowledge part-time?

Many of us try to seek knowledge for the sake of Allah, and to remove ignorance from ourselves but because we work full-time, study at university or take care of our families, it can get tough trying to seek knowledge, to fulfill your duty towards islam.
    i am studying at university right now and by the grace of Allah I realized how ignorant I am and how important it is for me to seek knowledge so I can practice my religion better. But I always end up procrastinating and delaying the whole thing, even in my university studies... I know friends play a big role, but these days you can't find good friends just like that... I know that one of the main motives that one should have is Janna al fridous on your mind always, but again these days in modern times its not easy with all the fitna around you, and all the desires... Subhanallah, even as a man I always stay at home, because of all of whats going on outside.

So how do you manage to seek knowledge in the modern world today with all the distractions and other things. I think if we all share a little bit of our experience on how we try to seek knowledge in our day to day life we can really benefit and inspire one another inshallah. So what inspires you? What sacrifices have you made? How do you manage to seek knowledge part-time? How do you beat procrastination? Share with us your experience inshallah
    Last edited by ahmedyounes; 10-07-18, 07:51 PM.

I dont have all the same views as u or listen to the same people

but i have the same problem with wasting time and concentrating on ilm

I have a friend who studies at uni
    after uni he goes home offs his phone and does 3 or 4 hrs of ilm a day
    quran arabi aqeedah/fiqh

everyday

if u do thay u can do it
    but u have to stopp chillimg wid friends and family and get rid of distractions

Comment

^ Allahumma barik, that's dedication.
      Truth be told, we just have to make time for it. No excuses.
      رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        I dont have all the same views as u or listen to the same people

but i have the same problem with wasting time and concentrating on ilm

I have a friend who studies at uni
        after uni he goes home offs his phone and does 3 or 4 hrs of ilm a day
        quran arabi aqeedah/fiqh

everyday

if u do thay u can do it
        but u have to stopp chillimg wid friends and family and get rid of distractions
        Considering I'm a relatively new practicing muslim, it's not going to be that simple, and just go and study for 4 hours. I think it's near impossible for him to do it without having some sort of solid background where he used to study under someone or something like that..

Comment

Originally posted by ahmedyounes View Post

Considering I'm a relatively new practicing muslim, it's not going to be that simple, and just go and study for 4 hours. I think it's near impossible for him to do it without having some sort of solid background where he used to study under someone or something like that..
          There are lectures from scholars and students of knowledge online

ans if you see islamic unis and their curriculum u just copy it or if u research into important matters or something you find interesting u can study that

my aqeedah studies
          involves

7 conditioma of shahada
          6 pillars of imaan
          aslu deen
          usool ath tha la tha
          nawaaqid al islam
          kitab at tawheed
          sharh as sunnah
          aqeedatul wasitiya
          Aqeedatul tahawiya
          aqeedatul hamawiya
          kitab al imaan
          Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 13-07-18, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

There are lectures from scholars and students of knowledge online

ans if you see islamic unis and their curriculum u just copy it or if u research into important matters or something you find interesting u can study that

my aqeedah studies
            involves

7 conditioma of shahada
            6 pillars of imaan
            aslu deen
            usool ath tha la tha
            nawaaqid al islam
            kitab at tawheed
            sharh as sunnah
            aqeedatul wasitiya
            Aqeedatul tahawiya
            aqeedatul hamawiya
            kitab al imaan
            There are many online, but it is not the same as sitting in circles of knowledge, being surrounded by scholars many hours of the day everyweek... Compare that to someone who almost never sits at gathers of knowledge.. Makes a difference in iman, aspiration, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by ahmedyounes View Post

There are many online, but it is not the same as sitting in circles of knowledge, being surrounded by scholars many hours of the day everyweek... Compare that to someone who almost never sits at gathers of knowledge.. Makes a difference in iman, aspiration, etc..
              Ofc if you can do it
              if you cant do whatever u can

its up to u init

Comment

Working...
              X