• Show
Clear All

• Man gets kicked out of Masjid for Having Tattoos

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...39502732960742

Subhan'Allah how sad
    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

That is just sad .The guy was really affected by it.
      Ya Allah,
      Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
      "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Spoke too soon, this man is more blameworthy than the elders who chucked him out,

He wont remove his Tatoos or hide them, its a part of who he is, we have to accept diversity apparently,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
        Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 11-07-18, 12:11 AM.
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Just watched the video, all i could see and hear is the guy shouting and complaining, and making a scene, even swearing,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

​​​​​​

Comment

Americans are rather dramatic... this happened last year, someone said to him the way he reacted wasn't good either. He should have gone to the imam and told him rather than screaming the place down...

The guy screaming in the vid wrote this about the incident:

No matter how "religious" you become
            EVERYONE has a breaking point
            _
            I don't want to portray myself as someone who is flawless. I want you guys to see my good & bad moments.
            I'm not here to put up a front or a facade.
            I am who I am; A worshiper who has a ton of flaws.
            _
            What this video DOESN'T show is me being called a "kafir" for almost 15 minutes before being forced out the masjid
            Me exploding was a result of my feelings being hurt & frustration.
            It is NOT okay to speak to the elderly in this manner
            BUT the elderly should not use this as an excuse to get away with anything that they want.
            _
            I get teased & questioned about my tattoos every so often but this was by far the worse because it came from a place that sees me pray 5 times a day in that House of God.
            _
            Some of you will type something like,
            "Brother remove the tattoos"
            "Brother cover the tattoos"
            Sorry but that is NOT the solution!!
            The solution is for us to be more accepting & welcoming of diversity
            _
            I'm not covering up ANYTHING! These marks are a part of WHO I AM!
            _
            So many brothers & sisters get scrutinized at the masjid that they never want to go back!
            They boycott the House of God because the people are so nasty
            Imagine you being the reason someone is put off from the masjid. Shame on you!
            _
            The Messengerﷺhas taught us to spread the SALAAMS! Not fake lip service but actually mean it!
            _
            Thank you to those who took the time to read this message.
            Tell me belowhave you ever had a negative interaction at the masjid?
            TAG a friend who could relate!
            _
            jazzahkum Allahkhyr once again & sorry if this put you off from me & my videos
            Lots of love,
            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
              Americans are rather dramatic... this happened last year, someone said to him the way he reacted wasn't good either. He should have gone to the imam and told him rather than screaming the place down...

The guy screaming in the vid wrote this about the incident:

No matter how "religious" you become
              EVERYONE has a breaking point
              _
              I don't want to portray myself as someone who is flawless. I want you guys to see my good & bad moments.
              I'm not here to put up a front or a facade.
              I am who I am; A worshiper who has a ton of flaws.
              _
              What this video DOESN'T show is me being called a "kafir" for almost 15 minutes before being forced out the masjid
              Me exploding was a result of my feelings being hurt & frustration.
              It is NOT okay to speak to the elderly in this manner
              BUT the elderly should not use this as an excuse to get away with anything that they want.
              _
              I get teased & questioned about my tattoos every so often but this was by far the worse because it came from a place that sees me pray 5 times a day in that House of God.
              _
              Some of you will type something like,
              "
              Brother remove the tattoos"
              "Brother cover the tattoos"
              Sorry but that is NOT the solution!!
              The solution is for us to be more accepting & welcoming of diversity

_
              I'm not covering up ANYTHING! These marks are a part of WHO I AM!
              _
              So many brothers & sisters get scrutinized at the masjid that they never want to go back!
              They boycott the House of God because the people are so nasty
              Imagine you being the reason someone is put off from the masjid. Shame on you!
              _
              The Messengerﷺhas taught us to spread the SALAAMS! Not fake lip service but actually mean it!
              _
              Thank you to those who took the time to read this message.
              Tell me belowhave you ever had a negative interaction at the masjid?
              TAG a friend who could relate!
              _
              jazzahkum Allahkhyr once again & sorry if this put you off from me & my videos
              Lots of love,
              Drama Queens ukthi, its as though every Mosque under the sun banned him,

Went nuts and shouted and swore, drama queen has serious problems,

He doesn't want to cover up tattoos, even though its a symbol of being Cursed?

Its a part of who he is?

This is like a sinner saying he won't cover up his sins but show it to others cause its a part of who he is,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

We should be accepting of Diversity?!!! Spread peace dont talk about tatooes?

this guy clearly bragging about his Sins and has the disease of pride,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
              Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 11-07-18, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Fakhri
                Fakhri commented
                Editing a comment
                You'd think the brother would have looked up why tattoos are a problem, since he mentioned he gets told about them a lot. If he knows what's been said about tottoos and then comes out with statements like the ones highlighted by you (they jumped out at at me, too) then there is a very big problem in the way he is thinking, as it's the kind of kibr and rejection of truth a kafir has/does. (Allah Ta'aalaa safeguard us all from that).

I was on his side till I saw him glorifying his tattoos. He should have the decency to hide them.

Comment

• Mintchocchip
                Mintchocchip commented
                Editing a comment
                Same especially as seemed emotional about it.

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              I was on his side till I saw him glorifying his tattoos. He should have the decency to hide them.
              Me too, gave him the benefit of doubt, but turns out he has multiple screws loose upstairs,

Some of the revert brothers or sisters dont seem to want to leave their pre-Islamic Evil sins,

This is like a man getting his sins wiped and he's back to the same sins, what a waste,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Comment

Elders are so autistic sometimes, here they dont allow the young ones in even if born muslims, they can't stand new people and they have their fixed places where they pray and they wont share!!
                يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• aynina
                  aynina commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My cousin is autistic i cared for him for 10 years until my aunt wouldnt let me around him anymore for being a muslim. I'm not disrespectfull towards autism

• MyUsernameIs...
                  MyUsernameIs... commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sounds like the standard 'I have a black friend so I'm not racist'.
                  The sisters right the autistic comment does sound a bit off ...even though you did not intend it that way.

• aynina
                  aynina commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Notice how people say things are offensive so quickly lately

Tattoos are haram, and are a shameful distortion of Allah's creation. Anyone who ignorantly gets them, should hide them if he cannot remove them.

Insha Allah forgives those who are tattooed before Islam, but one should hide the tattoo just as one hides one's sins that Allah has forgiven.

If one brings it out and stands by the sin as right and good even after Allah has forgiven it, then that is an issue of not only Fasq, but of one's disbelief after believing, and may Allah protect us from this.
                and Allah knows best.
                Last edited by Abu Kamel; 11-07-18, 10:31 AM.
                Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

I know masaajid can be clique-y... you get some ethnicities ostracized and reverts treated like outsiders. And the elders are set in their ways and stubborn, but this brother should know why his tattoos are so offensive (because they are haraam).

Having said that - the Masjid committee really needs to step up and get involved in helping Muslims, someone should have advised him multiple times (privately). And then given an ultimatum.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
                    Tattoos are haram, and are a shameful distortion of Allah's creation. Anyone who ignorantly gets them, should hide them if he cannot remove them.

Insha Allah forgives those who are tattooed before Islam, but one should hide the tattoo just as one hides one's sins that Allah has forgiven.

If one brings it out and stands by the sin as right and good even after Allah has forgiven it, then that is an issue of not only Fasq, but of one's disbelief after believing, and may Allah protect us from this.
                    and Allah knows best.
                    This guy who got booted from the Masjid wants to advertise his pre Islamic sins akhi, he has no intention of doing tawbah or hiding it, hes proud of this dirty Sin, its a part of him, says we shouod accept it as diversity,

Getting booted out of the Masjid is the least of jis concerns,
                    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-07-18, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, there are sisters who don't wear the hijab and come to the masjid. There are brothers without beards, who smoke and wear tight jeans that come to the masjid. There are non Muslims who come as well.

But tattoos gets you kicked out? Regardless of whether this person is defensive of their tattoos, the problem is that the masjid kicked out a Muslim, berated him and made him question this community. That's more of a sin. It's a sign of arrogance to blame the victim here. If this turned him away from Islam, then that would be devastating.

The Prophet (SAW) would have accepted him and that's all that matters. If he says he's Muslim, then you allow him into the masjid. You don't chase away someone Allah (SWT) invited. Who gave these brothers the right to do that. May Allah (SWT) forgive them and forgive the brother too. May He bring them all closer to the deen so something like this doesn't happen again.
                      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                      Surah al-Baqarah
                      [2:245]

.:.
                      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                      ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Tbh, I find it hard to believe this brother was called a kafir just because of his tattoos (maybe he was, I don't know). Was he advised and encouraged before about covering them? Maybe he said and did a few things himself that caused things to reach the point where he was made to leave the masjid?

I can understand him being made to leave the masjid if inside it he was worked up as he was in the video and out of control, shouting and swearing.

Allahu a'lam what really happened, but going by his comments, it won't be surprising if the word kafir was mentioned as a response to his defiance and glorifying (as br Saif Uddin says) of his tattoos.

We don't really know what's happened from the opposite side at all. We should assume good, but does does that mean only for the brother and not for those others involved?

Of course with him being a newly practicing Muslim(?), we would want to see Muslims dealing with leniency and looking at the bigger picture as much as possible like Sr Pippin says, but I don't think we really know exactly what happened leading up to that point on the video.

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                        -------------------------------
                        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Working...
                        X