From Gang Member to Student of Knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Gang Member to Student of Knowledge

I want to share the story of my friend Ali clark who passed away two years ago, Ali was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles, and got involved in gang banging at a very young age, he was from 4 tre gangster crips (43) and he was a super active gang member.One time I was sitting down with Ali and I asked him to explain to me his conversion to Islam he told me while he was involved in gang life he accepted islam but he was still in the streets, he been involved in many shootings and got shot many times himself and he wanted to change but didn’t know how, he was in and out of prison and the last time he got arrested he spent about 5 years locked up and had a year or so left before he was released, while locked up a couple OG’s from his hood approached him and gave him a shank (prison made knife) and told him that one of the enemies just came in and they wanted Ali to stab him up, Ali said to himself he is Muslim and didn’t want to do it but he knew if he refused his big homies will harm him, so he told me he took the shank and performed prayer while he was in prostration he said to Allah,Oh Allah I don’t want to kill anymore but I have no way out of this situation please help me and I promise I will leave this lifestyle and dedicate my life to you,after prayer he grabbed the shank and was heading to stab his enemy until he heard his name being called on the loud speaker, he said he thought his OG’s double crossed him so he hid the shank and went to the officers who called for him, and to his surprise the officer told him to grab his belongings due to the prison being overcrowded and Ali having good behavior they were releasing him today. Allah answered his prayer and saved him from taking someone’s life, after being release from prison Ali moved to Sudan to study arabic, he didn’t have money so he would chop trees to sell the wood in order to make an income to pay for the bus ride to arabic school, after Sudan he moved to Yemen then Saudi Arabua where he lived the last 20
    Years, he studied under scholars, he had good manners, always smiling and he will definitely be missed. May Allah have mercy on him,I love this brother for the sake of Allah

https://www.facebook.com/lifeofanout...55992956883673
    "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
    - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Jazaa'akillah Khair for sharing. Alhamdulillah.
    ​​​​​​
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

I am going to save this for a read later. May Allah reward you for sharing..
      8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
      2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

SubhanAllah
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Suba'hanAllah may Allah grant him jannah
          “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
          they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

ameen

Written by Mutah "Napoleon" Beale?

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
              I want to share the story of my friend Ali clark who passed away two years ago, Ali was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles, and got involved in gang banging at a very young age, he was from 4 tre gangster crips (43) and he was a super active gang member.One time I was sitting down with Ali and I asked him to explain to me his conversion to Islam he told me while he was involved in gang life he accepted islam but he was still in the streets, he been involved in many shootings and got shot many times himself and he wanted to change but didn’t know how, he was in and out of prison and the last time he got arrested he spent about 5 years locked up and had a year or so left before he was released, while locked up a couple OG’s from his hood approached him and gave him a shank (prison made knife) and told him that one of the enemies just came in and they wanted Ali to stab him up, Ali said to himself he is Muslim and didn’t want to do it but he knew if he refused his big homies will harm him, so he told me he took the shank and performed prayer while he was in prostration he said to Allah,Oh Allah I don’t want to kill anymore but I have no way out of this situation please help me and I promise I will leave this lifestyle and dedicate my life to you,after prayer he grabbed the shank and was heading to stab his enemy until he heard his name being called on the loud speaker, he said he thought his OG’s double crossed him so he hid the shank and went to the officers who called for him, and to his surprise the officer told him to grab his belongings due to the prison being overcrowded and Ali having good behavior they were releasing him today. Allah answered his prayer and saved him from taking someone’s life, after being release from prison Ali moved to Sudan to study arabic, he didn’t have money so he would chop trees to sell the wood in order to make an income to pay for the bus ride to arabic school, after Sudan he moved to Yemen then Saudi Arabua where he lived the last 20
              Years, he studied under scholars, he had good manners, always smiling and he will definitely be missed. May Allah have mercy on him,I love this brother for the sake of Allah

https://www.facebook.com/lifeofanout...55992956883673
              Amazing transformation, jazakallah khair

Comment

Does anyone know anybody thats studied in sudan

also does anyome knoe how life is in sudan

Comment

Mashallah, this brother should be an inspiration for us all. May Allah forgive him his sins and grant him Jannah. I hope I go through a transformation like this. I need to be better than I currently am.

Comment

so student of knowledge was a gang member ?

Comment

SubhanAllah. Ameen to duas.

Comment

Working...
                      X