Muslim charities exploiting tragedies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim charities exploiting tragedies?

Take the latest Gaza massacre. As soon as it happened, I start to receive text messages from various Muslim charities to 'Donate! Donate! Donate!'.

I just deleted them. They seem rather money-hungry and most likely for all the wrong reasons. Sickening.

Some probably are in it for business but that's a rather worrying attitude you have.

Comment

Originally posted by SammySam View Post
      Take the latest Gaza massacre. As soon as it happened, I start to receive text messages from various Muslim charities to 'Donate! Donate! Donate!'.

I just deleted them. They seem rather money-hungry and most likely for all the wrong reasons. Sickening.
      Face-palm

Muslim charities asked for donations as soon as what happened in Gaza, and that is supposed to mean they are money hungry?

Talk about casting suspicion, your behaviour is rather dubious.

They are supposed to do that, so they can get aid to them asap

You sound like a miser who does not want to donate making excuses
      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 16-05-18, 08:47 AM.
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Because they act swiftly in response to tragedy that makes them somewhat corrupt?

Unless you have proof that there is wrong doing in these charities you do not really have a right for having this suspicious attitude.

Comment

i think everyone exploits.....you dont know, maybe your charity money will be used for something else.......
          "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
          me - 2017

Comment

Originally posted by SammySam View Post

just FYI, these charities are always working in these places.
            “Whoever wants to purify his heart must prefer Allah over and above his own desires.” .

Comment

So hard to find trustworthy charities these days, a lot of the donations go towards admin costs and to employees’ wages. These texts are there to just create speculation, some charities cannot even get to certain locations and still they are raising money for x cause.
              إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

just try going for the ones who try not take a slice of the cake if you get what I mean.

good one imo is ummah welfare trust.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
                  Because they act swiftly in response to tragedy that makes them somewhat corrupt?

Unless you have proof that there is wrong doing in these charities you do not really have a right for having this suspicious attitude.
                  ​​​​​
                  Yes they should wait till the tragedy is over according to op absurd mentality

Face-palm

People like op put others of from donating in the way of Allah عز و جل

Once the khateeb or a masjid commitee member was asking people to dinate as much as they can to support it,

One nutcase from amongst the Musalis blurted out that he donated last year, why should we donate again this year...

Face-palm

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWho View Post

good one imo is ummah welfare trust.
                    why is that?
                    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

why is that?
                      Because they are reliable and donate 100%

​​​​​​
                      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 18-05-18, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Why are there so many charities collecting for the same cause? Surely it would make more sense for a single organisation to manage and collect? The amount of choice can be bewildering at times. Though I'm also confident that a single organisation without a varied army of fundraisers would collect less than multiple smaller charities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan786 View Post
                          Why are there so many charities collecting for the same cause? Surely it would make more sense for a single organisation to manage and collect? The amount of choice can be bewildering at times. Though I'm also confident that a single organisation without a varied army of fundraisers would collect less than multiple smaller charities.

I'd say it's because there is no 'central authority'.

Comment

Civil society pretends charitable organizations can solve systemic societal problems, ("1000 points of light!") while excusing the accountability of the civil government. Civil society has also opened the door for privatization of charitable work, so that many NGOs function for their founders/leaders.

Islamic society emphasizes and focuses the energy of the Muslim society on the Islamic government and more specifically, the khalifah himself. As he who receives the bayaat of the believers, swearing to implement Islam on behalf of the Muslim Ummah who swear loyalty of allegiance to him, he is obligated to feed the poor, house the homeless, treat the sick, protect the defenseless. The accountability falls on his neck as his duty as successor of the Prophet (saws), rather than passing the duty to private organizations, or worse- passing the duty to foreign agents and their nefarious diabolical schemes.

So yes, Abu Abdullah is right.
                            Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                            " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan786 View Post

There is no single charity or authority that oversees all others,

Hence your going to have multiple charities raising for the same cause

So long as the wealth is distributed correctly its not an issue akhi.

Comment

Working...
                              X