Why people don't go to the Masjid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why people don't go to the Masjid

Some points, extremely valid btw, as to why some people avoid going to the Masjid for congregational prayers:

Unclean people; smell of body odour and bad breath (outside of Ramadan)

Not standing close together for Salat

Isn't it makrooh, even maybe haraam for someone who can't be bothered to perfume themselves for Salat, thereby affecting all who stands next to them?

None of those are valid excuses.

Comment

The masjid I go to smells amazing. Very nice sweet smell and everyone looks fresh in their jubas coming there.

Other than this, I've noticed it seems like an OAP centre for Indians/Pakistanis tbh.

8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
      2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by SammySam View Post
        Some points, extremely valid btw, as to why some people avoid going to the Masjid for congregational prayers:

Unclean people; smell of body odour and bad breath (outside of Ramadan)

Not standing close together for Salat

Isn't it makrooh, even maybe haraam for someone who can't be bothered to perfume themselves for Salat, thereby affecting all who stands next to them?
        Those aren't valid reasons

The Masjid full of smelly or dirty people isn't the only one so the excuse falls flat on its face.

Secondly there are smelly, dirty individuals in society, we don't coop ourselves inside our homes because of them,

Some people just don't have proper baths or showers often, and remain with bo, disgusting though that is.

جزاك الله خيرا
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
          The masjid I go to smells amazing. Very nice sweet smell and everyone looks fresh in their jubas coming there.

Other than this, I've noticed it seems like an OAP centre for Indians/Pakistanis tbh.
          Seems like the oaps are the regular Musalis,

Most young brothers don't seem to be attached to the Masjid

​​​​

Comment

How can we encourage men that don't go to start going?
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

Yep
              it's always the elders

People might say the youngsters are busy working but days off work they should attend, no?
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                How can we encourage men that don't go to start going?
                Remind them of death
                the reward of going masjid and praying compared to at home
                religious circle that will go there and so the persom is persuaded to go there
                be close to the masjid so your more inclined to go masjid

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Yep
                  it's always the elders

People might say the youngsters are busy working but days off work they should attend, no?
                  They can make time for everything else, except the Masjid.

Comment

Muslim societies and cultures have been built over centuries to compartemantalize- one could say this is a human tendency found in Adam (as) and all his sons and daughters.

However, Allah revealed Islam perfectly, and the Prophet (saw) established it perfectly. The Prophet (saws) made the Masjid the center and focus of society, binding mundane daily life with worship of Allah. By that I mean the Prophet (saw) received diplomatic guests at the masjid. He held judicial proceedings at the masjid. He planned war and joined in conference and consultation in the masjid.
                    And of course, all forms of worship were in the masjid, as were teaching Islam. Even the Prophet (saws) housed refugees in the masjid. Later, students were housed in the masjid. Even doctors were employed in the masjid.

The masjid was the center of the Islamic community and society. That was the "Golden Age" of Islam.

It can be argued that the Muslim Ummah first diverged from this when the capital of the Islamic state moved out of Madinah. Khalif Ali (ra) moved to Kufa, but he established the masjid as the center of the state even from Kufa.

And it was under khalif Muawiyah (ra) when he used his palace for governing activities, similar to how the Romans did.

How far have we come since then?

Government buildings are now massive structures throughout the Muslim world, housing 1000s of offices, corridors of this and that, to keep the loyalty of constituencies, paying their men to push papers and so forth.

For every matter of life, there are buildings and communities surrounding them, while "worship" has been reduced to rituals at the masjid, or musalla, and then people go back to their lives in other buildings.

And one reality about organizational behavior, at a locality routinely used for certain purposes, a culture of thoughts and behaviors form and eventually become a custom, a tradition, a heritage, until they replace other existing cultures.

In effect, Muslims have misguided themselves away from the Masjid.

And now, the masjid is a source where the governments of the Muslim world are war with the culture of Islam that has its roots in the masjid. So they closely control, censor, screen who ever talks in a masjid. They have video cameras inside the masjid to watch and record who might contest their kufr dominion. They have spies who attend every jumuah prayer, to watch and catch any who speak without their authority. They have compartementalized Islam to be a few ritualistic acts closely monitored, and then Muslims are to return to the other organizational structures and cultures they have set up to rival Islam.

This is the Muslim world.
                    Last edited by Abu Kamel; 06-05-18, 10:47 AM.
                    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

In my personal opinion because mosques here are very secular and have a specific audience if you understand what I mean.
                      Also the issue starts right from the parents most of the times, kids see them not attending and in return the pattern is relayed onto the next gen.

Also, alot of the knowledgeable brothers avoid them for reasons which are well known.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWho View Post

Also, alot of the knowledgeable brothers avoid them for reasons which are well known.
                        what are the reasons? i'm curious
                        I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

what are the reasons? i'm curious
                          you don't know? I ain't saying nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWho View Post

you don't know? I ain't saying nothing more.
                            If you don't know I'm not telling you.

-_-

Comment

For women, if your husband/father doesn't allow it, then it's not an option.

I know locally though, there's a lot of internal Politics involved regarding the finances/running of the Masjid. Sometimes they're not welcoming to "outsiders" or to people of different ethnic backgrounds. Which is a shame since we are all Believers irrespective of ethnicity.

And from what I've seen, the young lads aren't that interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X