Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :jkk: ... toxic and LiveIslam :up:
    The two wolves

An old grandfather said to his grandson who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice........

"Let me tell you a story. I too, at times, have felt a great hate for those that have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do. But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy.

It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die. I have struggled with these feelings many times."

He continued......

"It is as if there are two wolves inside me;
    One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all round him and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way. He saves all his energy for the right fight.

But the other wolf, ahhh!

He is full of anger. The littlest thing will set him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all the time, for no reason.

He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger, for his anger will change nothing.

Sometimes it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."

The boy looked intently into his Grandfather's eyes and asked...

"Which one wins, Grandfather?"

The Grandfather smiled and quietly said......

"The one I feed."

Author unknown (to me)

Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

• The lion, rats, snake and the honeycomb

The lion, rats, snake and the honey comb - a beautiful story

I heard the following story from a pious brother. Hopefully, this story will be beneficial for everyone, Inshallah.

Once a man saw in his dream, that a lion was chasing him. The man ran to a tree, climbed on to it and sat on a branch. He looked down and saw that the lion was still there waiting for him. The man then looked to his side where the branch he was sitting on was attached to the tree and saw that two rats were circling around and eating the branch. One rat was black and the other one was white. The branch would fall on the ground very soon. The man then looked below again with fear and discovered that a big black snake had come and settled directly under him. The snake opened its mouth right under the man so that he will fall into it. The man then looked up to see if there was anything that he could hold on to. He saw another branch with a honeycomb. Drops of honey were falling from it. The man wanted to taste one of the drops. So, he put his tongue out and tasted one of the fallen drops of honey. The honey was amazing in taste. So, he wanted to taste another drop. As he did, he got lost into the sweetness of the honey. Meanwhile, he forgot about the two rats eating his branch away, the lion on the ground and the snake that is sitting right under him. After a while, he woke up from his sleep.

To get the meaning behind this dream, the man went to a a pious scholar of Islam. The scholar said "The lion you saw is your death. It always chases you and goes where ever you go. The two rats, one black and one white, are the night and the day. Black one is the night and the white one is the day. They circle around, coming one after another, to eat your time as they take you closer to death. The big black snake with a dark mouth is your grave. It's there, just waiting for you to fall into it. The honeycomb is this world and the sweet honey is the luxaries of this world. We like to taste a drop of the luxaries of this world but it's very sweet. Then we taste another drop and yet another. Meanwhile, we get lost into it and we forget about our time, we forget about our death and we forget about our graves."

May Allah wake us up from the sleep and save us before it's too late. Ameen.

smiles warm & shinin like d sun upon our faces :)
      hope is rich and green like d trees of an oasis :D
      d colours of ISLAM bloom in so many places :inlove:
      so many different colours of ISLAM ;)
      :love: :love:

Comment

• True account from Hadith

All for a tree in Paradise

(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) called his neighbor forth and asked him to give the orphan the tree. But he refused three times. Then the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) told him if you give it to him, Allah will grant you a tree in heaven. He still refused. So Abu Al Dahdah (may Allah be pleased with him) heard what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had said.
        He asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him),

...the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said

Abu Al Dahdah thought hard what could I give this man to motivate him to sell me this single palm tree. He thought to himself that he owns the largest orchard in Madina with the sweetest fruit. Not a single person in Madina would not wish he had owned it. He told the man I would give you my orchard of 600-palm trees, a well, and house for your tree. The man agreed in a heartbeat knowing this was an orchard only one would dream of owning. He then looked at the orphan and told him the tree was his so he could build his fence. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) kept repeating how much blessing and wonderful fruit Abu Al Dahdah had in the heavens above.Sahaba.net :up:

Comment

• I feel clean for the first time

I feel clean for the first time

Once a pious Muslim brother got a job in a restaurant. He took with himself a container for water so that he can use it for toilet purposes. So, everytime he goes to the toilet, he fills the container with water and takes it with him. One day, a Christian man, who also
          works there, saw him taking water and asked him about the reason for it. The Muslim brother told him that after releasing the dirty materials, we should clean that place and that cleanliness is a major part of Islam. The man said that why not use the toilet papers? The brother asked him that if such dirty thing touched his hands, would he use a toilet paper to wipe it off or use water? The man understood and said that he would use water. The next day, the Christian man brought a container for himself and used it during relieving himself. When he came out of the toilet, he was crying and tears were rolling down his cheeks. The Muslim brother asked him about why he is crying. The Christian man said that "For the first time in my life, I feel completely clean." Thereafter, he accepted Islam and became a devouted Muslim.
          'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint' :lailah:
          Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

• The Horseman

It was a bitter, cold evening. The old man's beard was glazed by winter's frost while he waited for a ride across the river. The wait seemed endless. His body became numb and stiff from the frigid north wind. He heard the faint, steady rhythm of approaching hooves galloping along the frozen path.

Anxiously, he watched as several horsemen rounded the bend. He let the first one pass by without an effort to get his attention. Then another passed by... and another. Finally, the last rider neared the spot where the old man sat like a snow statue.

As this one drew near, the old man caught the rider's eye and said, "Sir, would you mind giving an old man a ride to the other side? There doesn't appear to be a passageway by foot."

Reining his horse, the rider replied, "Sure thing. Hop aboard."

Seeing the old man was unable to lift his half-frozen body from the ground, the horseman dismounted and helped the old man onto the horse. The horseman took the old man not just across the river, but to his destination, which was just a few miles away.

As they neared the tiny but cosy cottage, the horseman's curiosity caused him to inquire, "Sir, I notice that you let several other riders pass by without making an effort to secure a ride. Then I came up and you immediately asked me for a ride. I'm curious why, on such a bitter winter night; you would wait and ask the last rider. What if I had refused and left you there?"

The old man lowered himself slowly down from the horse, looked the rider straight in the eyes, and replied, "I've been around here for some time. I reckon I know people pretty good."

The old-timer continued, "I looked into the eyes of the other riders and immediately saw there was no concern for my situation. It would have been useless even to ask them for a ride. But when I looked into your eyes, kindness and compassion were evident. I knew, then and there, that your gentle spirit would welcome the opportunity to give me assistance in my time of need."

Those heartwarming comments touched the horseman deeply.

"I'm most grateful for what you have said," he told the old man. "May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the needs of others with kindness and compassion."

Author unknown (to me)

Comment

• READ THIS .........
              This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen. It's an explanation other people will understand.

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. Barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists." Why do you say that?" asked the customer "Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things." The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbers shop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair & an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barbershop again and he said to the barber:
              "You know what? Barbers do not exist." "How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber."I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"
              "No!" the customer exclaimed.
              "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards like that man outside."
              "Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me." "Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for
              Him. That's why there's so much pain and
              suffering in the world."

Comment

• Become like flexible water

Become like flexible water

The following incident took place last year when I was travelling with an elderly Muslim brother. We call him "Brother Wali". We met a Muslim family and the family told brother Wali to give them some advice. Here is what brother Wali told them: A Muslim is like water. Water is so flexible that where ever you place it, it takes the shape of that object. For example, if you put some water in a glass, it takes the shape of the glass. If you run the water through a tangled hose, it will take the shape of that also. The same way, a Muslim should be flexible to the orders of Allah. He should fit into whatever Allah wants. If we put an iron into the glass, then either the glass will break or the iron will break. The same way, if we are not flexible to the orders of Allah and become hard like iron, then either we will break or we will break the orders of Allah.

A hadith states: The believers are very obedient (to Allah), gentle, and kind, like an obedient camel which when led follows and when made to sit, even though on a rock, does so obediently. (Tirmidhi).

Comment

• A pond full of milk

A pond full of milk

Once there was a king who told some of his workers to dig a pond. Once the pond was dug, the king made an announcement to his people saying that one person from each household has to bring a glass of milk during the night and pour it into the pond. So, the pond should be full of milk by the morning. After receiving the order, everyone went home. One man prepared to take the milk during the night. He thought that since everyone will bring milk, he could just hide a glass of water and pour inside the pond. Because it will be dark at night, no one will notice. So he quickly went and poured the water in the pond and came back. In the morning, the king came to visit the pond and to his surprise the pond was only filled with water! What has happened is that everyone was thinking like the other man that "I don't have to put the milk, someone else will do it."

Dear friends, when it comes to help the Religion of Allah, do not think that others will take care of it. Rather, it starts from you, if you don't do it, no one else will do it. So, change yourself to the way of Allah to serve Him and that will make the difference.

Comment

• Better to Give

Better to Give

A young man, a student in one of the universities, was one day taking a walk with a Professor, who was commonly called the student's friend, from his kindness to those who waited on his instructions.

As they went along,they saw lying in the path a pair of old shoes, which they supposed to belong to a poor man who was employed in a field close by,and who had nearly finished his day's work.

The student turned to the professor, saying: "Let us play the man a trick: we will hide his shoes, and conceal ourselves behind those bushes, and wait to see his perplexity when he cannot find them."

"My young friend," answered the professor, "we should never amuse ourselves at the expense of the poor. But you are rich, and may give yourself a much greater pleasure by means of this poor man. Put a coin in each shoe, and then we will hide ourselves and watch how this affects him."

The student did so and they both placed themselves behind the bushes close by. The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat and shoes.

While putting on his coat he slipped his foot into one of his shoes, but feeling something hard, he stooped down to feel what it was, and found the coin. Astonishment and wonder were seen upon his countenance. He gazed upon the coin, turned it around, and looked at it again and again.

He then looked around him on all sides, but no person was to be seen. He now put the money into his pocket, and proceeded to put on the other shoe; but his surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.

His feelings overcame him; he fell upon his knees, looked up to the heavens and uttered aloud a fervent thanksgiving in which he spoke of his wife who was sick and helpless, and his children without bread, whom this timely bounty, from some unknown hand,would save from perishing.

The student stood there deeply affected, and his eyes filled with tears. "Now," said the professor, are you not much better pleased than if you had played your intended trick?"

The youth replied, "You have taught me a lesson which I will never forget. I feel now the truth of these words, which I never understood before: "It's more blessed to give than to receive."

Abdullah bin Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallAllahu alaiyhi wassallam) said that encouraging good, prohibiting evil, lifting the burden of the weak person and removing an offensive thing from a path are all acceptable prayers to Allah.
                    [ibn Majah]

Comment

• :masha:... :jkk:.. yasmin20 and toxic for those beautiful stories :)

Comment

• :up: :D :ahb:

its me zeenz btw

Comment

• i dnt know any stories but ill truy to learn some jazakallah for all those oda beautiful stories

Comment

• heya toxic

Comment

• Greediness

There was once a rich man and a greedy man noted for eating a lot. The rich man invited the greedy man to dinner. After he had finished his heavy meal, the rich man offered the greedy man some money if he would eat one more sweet. He did so and collected the money. Then he was offered even more money if he would eat another one. The greedy man did it again. The third time he was offered yet more money and, with great difficulties, he managed to eat the third one also and collected the money. But he was so loaded with food that he could not walk. He had to be helped home where he lay on a bed. In the meantime, the food in the stomach expanded so that he could hardly breathe. A doctor was called who gave him a pill to swallow. As he could not speak, he conveyed by gestures that if he had space for a pill, he would have certainly taken another sweet and got more money!! ...

Author unknown (to me)

Comment

• Sanqar the slave

It is said that a rich man had a slave named Sanqar, who was hard working, honest, consciously fearful of Allah and abstained from wrong-doing. Always mindful and with a heart full of love for Allah, he was a contrast to his master who was a non-practising Muslim with shaky belief.

Once, at midnight, the master called him aloud to his leave his bed, take the luggage and accompany him on a journey. Sanqar made haste, at first call of his master, left his warm bed, collected the luggage and followed.

Morning dawned on the way, and they heard the Adhan from a nearby Masjid (mosque). Sanqar took his master's permission to join the prayers, reckoning that he would sit close by and relax. The master told him to return as soon as possible.

Sanqar entered the masjid and the master, forgetful of Allah, waited outside. The salah completed, all the worshippers and the Imam came out and walked away.

Now the master walked up to the very door of the masjid and called Sanqar by name, demanding how was it that he had not come out of the masjid yet, while even the Imam had left. Sanqar replied from within, "Oh! master I am trying my best, but they don't let me out. Just hold on for a while. I know you are waiting outside."

The master hurried seven times to the entrance of the masjid, calling Sanqar by name. Hearing the same answer every time, his temper flared up, and he shouted indignantly, "Sanqar! All the men and the Imam have left long ago, what are you doing alone in the masjid? who is detaining you?" Sanqar's voice rang from inside, "Oh master, the same one who is preventing you from entering the masjid is keeping me inside!"

by Mawlana Jalaluddin Rumi (ra)

[adapted from the Mathnavi]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X