A Beautiful Personality :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are you? What are you like? Trainspotter or trendsetter? Easily provoked or laid back?

Often we are the products of our environment whether it is due to our friends, family, fashion, media or society. Together these factors unconsciously mould our characters, dictating both our thoughts and behaviour.
    Is this the way you want to be? A Muslim is called to continually assess and enhance his or her own personality.
    This is achieved with reference to the Qur'an and the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasalam)

You have indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad Sallalahu Alayhi Wasalam) a Beautiful Pattern (of Conduct)..... (Al-Ahzab 33:21)

And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character. (Al-Qalam 68:4)

A comprehensive understanding of his character cannot be given in one short essay.
    The complexity of his life is such that many Muslim and non-muslim scholars have been driven to write volumes to try and understand what inspired him and the subsequent impact of his life upon human history.
    To help attain an idea of his importance one requires a description of his manners and lifestyle.

Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasalam) was a man who spoke very little, his sentences would be short yet full of deep meaning.
    He listened more than he spoke, sometimes he would be silent for long periods of time.
    He was unusually quiet and reserved, generally pensive and sorrowful - always wrapped up in his thoughts and meditations.
    Yet when he spoke, his words carried depth and he did not need to speak for long in order to be understood.
    Most of his laughter was no more than smiling, and if he was pleased he would lower his gaze. He would get angry only when a matter of principle was mocked or violated and he would not be pleased until the matter was resolved.
    Yet he would never get angry for personal reasons - he was always forgiving, and he would never retaliate against personal insults; here he would be patient and gracious.

Though he was a very busy man, he would quite often attend to his own chores by washing and sewing his own clothes and mending his own shoes, though there were many who would have jumped at the chance to do these chores for him.
    At home he would divide his time between three portions: his family, himself and God.
    His own individual time used to be taken up by his companions who used to visit him regularly, he would receive them in kindness, waiting upon them, serving and honouring them. He would enquire about their needs and try to help them as much as he could.
    Sometimes he would also ask about those who were not present.
    He would be the last to drink if drinks were served in his home, normally with only one bowl to go round.
    When he was talking to his companions he would honour their feelings by never bringing any topics which might hurt them or lower their spirits, and instead of mocking someone he would try to help them with their weaknesses.
    The companions used to love staying with him so much that they would overstay in his house, to such an extent that some verses were revealed asking the companions to respect the Prophet's {p.b.u.h.} wish for privacy.

For those who were very poor, he was a supporter and guardian, providing food and lodging from whatever little he possessed.
    His warmth was such that even little children would run up to him asking him to play with them even though he was over fifty years old; the Prophet {p.b.u.h.}would listen and play merry-go-round with them.

Towards his enemies he was still forgiving, and if they were firm with him, then he was firm with them.
    History records that those who set out to kill him would later become his closest friends. Though in the later stages of his life, he had access to much wealth, he still lived as a humble servant of God.
    His greatest delight ultimately lay in his prayer, especially those that he offered during the darkness of the night. Whose example do you prefer over Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasalam), the Greatest Muslim Personality?
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

If only the Ummah embodied our beloved prophet (SAW)'s characteristics and personality we would inshaa'Allah be strong, united and as one. We must try to emulate him in deeds as well as character.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

we must make sincere intention to do that

we must remember Allah much

we must always think in accordance with islam

we must not let the kafir and kafir-thinking make us lose focus

we must remember death much
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

every being aspires
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind
          Assalamu alaykum Wa Rahmutallahi Wa Barakhatu Yaa Ummati

Anas RA said: I served the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) for ten years and he never said to me, "Shame!" or "Why you do such and such?" or "Why did you not do such and such."
          (Bukhari, Muslim).

A'isha said: God's messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to patch his sandals, sew his garments and conduct himself as anyone of you did in his house. (Tirmidhi).

Anas told that when a man had asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) for enough sheep to fill the valley between two mountains and had been given them, went to his people and said, "Accept Islam, my people, for I swear By God that Muhammad gives gifts to such an extent that there is no fear of poverty.
          (Muslim).

Abu Huraira RA told that when God's messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was asked to invoke curse on the polytheists he replied, "I was not sent as one given to cursing; I was sent only as a mercy."
          (Muslim).
          :love::)

Al-Aswad told that he asked A'isha what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) use to do in his house, she replied that he used to engage himself in Mihna i.e. the service of his family, and when the time for prayer came, he went out to prayer.
          Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

In Allah’s name who is the most Merciful,the most Kind

Assalamu alaykum Wa Rahmutallahi Wa Barakhatu Yaa Ummati

Anas told that when God's messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) shook hands with a man, he did not withdraw his hand till the other did so, and he was not seen to put forward his knees in front of one with whom he was sitting.
            (Tirmidhi).

Hind, son of Khadija RA from her former husband, says about the Prophet (peace be upon him): "Kind of heart, he was nice and sweet-tempered. He never liked to displease or cause offence to anybody. He thanked even for trifling favours. He took whatever food was placed before him, without making any adverse remark. He never got angry for anything concerning his own person, nor did he think of taking revenge or letting down anybody, but if anyone opposed what was just and right, he used to get sore and helped the right cause with all his might. :)

SUBHANALLAH :)
            Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind

Assalamu alaikum Wa Rahmutallahi Wa Barakhatu Yaa Ummati :)

Anas bin Malik RA also said: “The Messenger of Allah, Allah’s Blessings and salutations on him had a bright complexion and his sweat was like pearls. When he walked, he took firm steps. I have never touched any cushion or silk softer than the palm of Allah’s Messenger, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him , nor have I smelt any musk or ambergris more fragrant than the hair of the Holy Prophet, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him .”
              :) :love: :)

Fi_Amanillah
              Fatima

Comment

And, Allah described His Prophet as a blessing bestowed on us saying: "Certainly there has come to you a Messenger from amongst yourselves, grievous to him is your suffering, ardently anxious is he over you, to the believers he is compassionate and merciful." (9:129) :)
                :love:

Comment

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
                  mashallah :inlove:
                  .: Rufaida :.
                  .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                  http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                  “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                  but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

~Beautiful Hadeeths~ :)

A man came to Prophet Muhammad, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him and asked about the hour. Prophet Muhammad, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon asked him what have you prepared for it, the man said NOTHING except I love A llah and his apostle (SAW). Muhammad. Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon said you’ll be with those whom you love! :)

:) SUBHANALLAH :) :love:

This Hadeeth always touches me to the heart
                    Last edited by *IslamicGirl*; 03-03-04, 04:34 PM.

Comment

"Seven will be given shade in Allah's shade and the day when there is no shade but His shade: 1) a just ruler, 2) a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah Mighty and Great, 3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosques, 4) two who loved for the sake of Allah - they came together on that basis and separated on that basis, 5) a man who was called by a beautiful woman but said to her: "I fear Allah.", 6) one who gave a charity and concealed it to the extent that his left hand was unaware of what his right hand was doing, and 7) a man who mentioned Allah when no one was around and his tears flowed." (Muslim & Bukhari) :)
                      Last edited by *IslamicGirl*; 03-03-04, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Allah said : "I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with Him when He makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him with speed."

:inlove:
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

"God has said, `O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it [i.e. the earth]'".

:love: Subhanallah, how merciful Allah is :inlove:
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

A Muslim who plants a tree or sows a field, from which man, birds and animals can eat, is committing an act of charity.

[Muslim]

There is polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is remembrance of Allah.
                            [Bukhari]

What actions are the most excellent?
                            To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the suffering of the injured.

[Bukhari]

When Allah created his creatures He wrote above His throne: 'Verily, my Compassion overcomes my Wrath.'
                            [Bukhari and Muslim]

When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less.
                            [Muslim]

If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you ought, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests.
                            [Tirmidhi]

What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                            Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                            Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                            but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                            but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                            We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                            freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                            Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                            and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                            Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Assalamu alaykum Wa Rahmutallahi Wa Barakhatu Yaa Ummati :)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah SWT be pleased with him) reported: A person came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and asked, "Who among people is most deserving of my fine treatment?'' He (PBUH) said, "Your mother". He again asked, ``Who next?'' "Your mother", the Prophet (PBUH) replied again. He asked, "Who next?'' He (the Prophet (PBUH)) said again, "Your mother.'' He again asked, "Then who?'' Thereupon he (PBUH) said,'' Then your father.'' :)

Comment

Working...
                              X