Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Sami Yusuf's nasheeds haram?

AsalamuAlaykum,
    I am a big fan of Sami Yusuf. I think his nasheeds are very beautiful (Masha'Allah) however a friend of mine said i shouldn't be listen to them because they are haram. I have stopped listening to them but his nasheeds inspire me and the lyrics are soo beautiful. has anyone else heard this? what shall i do?

Re: Are Sami Yusuf's nasheeds haram?

ok, my sister
    i'll tell you :)
    nasheds of sami yusuf haram because music is haram
    so you can listening to his nasheds without music
    and there are many programmes can do that

Comment

Comment

AssalamuAlaykum,

OK I cant listen to the nasheeds in your links at the moment...But I'm quite sure he uses the piano in 'my mother'??

WassalamuAlaykum
        s a b r

Comment

Sami Yusuf as a symbol is haram, forget what comes out of his mouth.

He has made himself the Music icon for Muslims, which is clearly Haram.

He has in many interviews declared his association with a deviant group.

Most importantly, the time spent listening to him could be spent listening to Quran or Islamic bayans.
          If We Had Perfect Power Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To Determine Our Destinies, and Perfect Vision Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To See The Future and Know What Is Best For Us, We Would Choose Exactly The Fate That Allah Chose For Us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekmaa View Post

Most importantly, the time spent listening to him could be spent listening to Quran or Islamic bayans.
            AssalamuAlaykum

Agreed :up: there isnt any reward in the former but loads in the latter Insha'Allah :)

WassalamuAlaykum
            s a b r

Comment

Sami Yusuf as a symbol is haram, forget what comes out of his mouth.

He has made himself the Music icon for Muslims, which is clearly Haram.

He has in many interviews declared his association with a deviant group.

What do you mean as a symbol?

Which deviant group? (I haven't seen many interviews with him)
              "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

*bump*

Comment

I know he makes taqleed of Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi (May Allah Preserve Him)...which deviant group does he follow?
                  The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol;
                  and the idol of each person is his Ego.

- Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri

Comment

Does he make taqleed in many things, or just music?

You know your explanation of "talfiq" comes to mind... Just curious...

Comment

no as far as I understood from talking the mureeds of Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi he follows him in all of his fiqh rulings...plus their also very good friends.
                      The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol;
                      and the idol of each person is his Ego.

- Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri

Comment

Originally posted by al-ghazalli View Post
                        I know he makes taqleed of Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi (May Allah Preserve Him)...which deviant group does he follow?
                        He is a Mureed of Nazim Haqqani.

RashidD by symbol i mean, a pop star for Muslims. I dont want to compare him to Kaffirs, because he says Shahada, but you know what i mean.

If he wants to sing for Islam, and it is not about fame, then his hair duo's and all the rest of it, acting like a pop star etc, needs to go. We also have Yusuf Islam who sings Nasheeds, he is a much more talented person than sami, but Mashallah one can see he is doing it for Islam.
                        If We Had Perfect Power Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To Determine Our Destinies, and Perfect Vision Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To See The Future and Know What Is Best For Us, We Would Choose Exactly The Fate That Allah Chose For Us.

Comment

He is a Mureed of Nazim Haqqani.

RashidD by symbol i mean, a pop star for Muslims. I dont want to compare him to Kaffirs, because he says Shahada, but you know what i mean.

Ok i now understand exactly what you mean. I thought perhaps that he would be becoming somewhat an authority for the youth... This is what happens when some people become "famous"... It is a dangerous phenomenon.

If he wants to sing for Islam, and it is not about fame, then his hair duo's and all the rest of it, acting like a pop star etc, needs to go. We also have Yusuf Islam who sings Nasheeds, he is a much more talented person than sami, but Mashallah one can see he is doing it for Islam.
                          I see where you're coming from, but Yusuf Islam still isn't in the right (just to point it out... I'm pretty sure you're against western guitars alright heh)

I was also under the impression that Sami is more about the whole "artist" thing rather than munshed. In the sense it's a career more than an Islamic pasttime/ persuasion. These are my views, regardless of whether he's testified to them or not...

Comment

Oh dont get me wrong, i am against Music in all its forms, apart the duff and even that, only in the instances allowed in Islam, i.e for women in weddings etc.

But my point was with Yusuf Islam, one can at least see he is not just a star, he has got a school, and does so many other things. With the guitar he probably follows Shaiykh Qardawis view.

Comment

Originally posted by sister_sumera View Post
                              AsalamuAlaykum,
                              I am a big fan of Sami Yusuf. I think his nasheeds are very beautiful (Masha'Allah) however a friend of mine said i shouldn't be listen to them because they are haram. I have stopped listening to them but his nasheeds inspire me and the lyrics are soo beautiful. has anyone else heard this? what shall i do?
                              If we think about musical instruments, that is true Sami Yusuf's nasheeds are haram.
                              But now days a lot of muslim people are listening worst songs than Sami Yusuf's nasheeds. U & I can not protect them from their business because they love song & listening song their every day habit. I think there are two things 1) these nasheeds can be dawah of Islam for nonmuslim people. 2) Those muslim people are listening worst songs they can leave their habit by listening Sami Yusuf's nasheeds. Because they can not leave the habit easily

Comment

Working...
                              X