No announcement yet.

whats your favourite nasheeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aelmo Layla_ im not really into nasheeds too but i feel the need to convert you two lol

anyways what do you think of this one? its a bit catchy imo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWKM...l=ShahidRahman

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...funny+labbayk+
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Before Islam I was into punk rock and heavy metal. When I converted I was told music was haram and had to quit but I was given a CD of nasheeds that after punk they sounded like nursery rhymes so I was like 🤨

Never really got into them
        It took me a couple of goes to quit music but I had something happen to me that I still think of to this day. I had a non muslim flatmate at the time and one day when I was praying he decided to blast the house with 2pac

F this and f that etc etc. I was trying to read fatiha and I was hearing these filthy things. I never really saw music the same after that.

You give up something for the sake of Allah he gives you something better. I quit music but had to listen to something in the background when doing chores etc and I didn't like nasheeds so I started listening to Islamic lectures and alhamdulilah I've learned a little over the years.

I'm not saying nasheeds are haram but make sure you spend some time learning the Deen too and earn reward for your aakhirah too
        Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

meeeeh lol

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            Before Islam I was into punk rock and heavy metal. When I converted I was told music was haram and had to quit but I was given a CD of nasheeds that after punk they sounded like nursery rhymes so I was like 🤨

It took me a couple of goes to quit music but I had something happen to me that I still think of to this day. I had a non muslim flatmate at the time and one day when I was praying he decided to blast the house with 2pac

F this and f that etc etc. I was trying to read fatiha and I was hearing these filthy things. I never really saw music the same after that.

You give up something for the sake of Allah he gives you something better. I quit music but had to listen to something in the background when doing chores etc and I didn't like nasheeds so I started listening to Islamic lectures and alhamdulilah I've learned a little over the years.

I'm not saying nasheeds are haram but make sure you spend some time learning the Deen too and earn reward for your aakhirah too
            im not crazy into nasheeds but some of these nasheed artists go on like celebs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
              aelmo Layla_ im not really into nasheeds too but i feel the need to convert you two lol

anyways what do you think of this one? its a bit catchy imo
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWKM...l=ShahidRahman
              There is an islamic station on the radio here and sometimes they will randomly start playing nasheeds after the play the Quran or before interviews and stuff and my dad would get so mad because he was like "this is basically music and I don't want to listen to music on an islamic channel that I go to to hear the Quran" and that's basically how I grew up thinking about nasheeds.

Just to preface my dad isn't some saint but when he seeks a religious atmosphere he doesn't want to hear nasheeds.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

There is an islamic station on the radio here and sometimes they will randomly start playing nasheeds after the play the Quran or before interviews and stuff and my dad would get so mad because he was like "this is basically music and I don't want to listen to music on an islamic channel that I go to to hear the Quran" and that's basically how I grew up thinking about nasheeds.

Just to preface my dad isn't some saint but when he seeks a religious atmosphere he doesn't want to hear nasheeds.
                yea some are a bit too song like so i cant blame your dad for thinking that

some nasheeds really make you ponder though subhanAllah

Comment

I'm just really not the type of person to be effected by that type of stuff.

Comment

Some really are song like! For ages in my house my children were only allowed to listen to Quran but once this Uber driver was like ‘girls, do you like Siedd’ and they were like nah who is that lol & he went and put it on & then they used to ask me to put it on. I just let them listen to it now (vocals only) but not all the time but once I actually caught my daughter dancing to a nasheed :| :| :| and I was like omgggggggg what on earth are you doing???!!!!!!! And that’s when I realised that you REALLY need to control what they listen to! It wasn’t proper dancing btw but enough to warrant and omg moment
                    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I'm just really not the type of person to be effected by that type of stuff.
                      wheres your heart child? lol jks

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Some really are song like! For ages in my house my children were only allowed to listen to Quran but once this Uber driver was like ‘girls, do you like Siedd’ and they were like nah who is that lol & he went and put it on & then they used to ask me to put it on. I just let them listen to it now (vocals only) but not all the time but once I actually caught my daughter dancing to a nasheed :| :| :| and I was like omgggggggg what on earth are you doing???!!!!!!! And that’s when I realised that you REALLY need to control what they listen to! It wasn’t proper dancing btw but enough to warrant and omg moment
                        kids are funny lol

just checked this siedd guy on youtube, way too much like music for me, not really a nasheed imo

these nasheed artists think theyre musical stars lool

Comment

kids are funny lol

just checked this siedd guy on youtube, way too much like music for me, not really a nasheed imo

these nasheed artists think theyre musical stars lool
                          Yep lol true
                          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Yep lol true
                            bet they give signed autographs too lol

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Which nasheeds were you given?

Let me guess, Zain bhika?

Lmso

I wanted to use nasheeds as an ice breaker to introduce non muslims to Islam because music is a big part of their life but I am not sure. I'm planning on finding an adhan. Most people have never heard what arabic sounds like so nasheeds would have been a bit more practical.

None suitable so far.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I posted about it before, but the first nasheeds I heard were by dawud wharnsby
                                I think road to madinah is great for kids

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X