• Sha'ir

Sha'ir

Your words touch my heart so fast,
    Like rhythm, reaching to last
    Rahma, lingering in the air.
    These beautiful thoughts that you share
    Holding on so articulately,
    But letting go so magically.
    Why didn't you tell me you could write poetry.
    Why didn't you tell me that you speak easily.
    You open my imagination,
    Making a world of fascination
    Cooling the unrest in my heart
    The poison, that tears me apart
    How enlightening your words are to me!
    How surreal this feeling you bring to me.
    Why didn't you tell me that you could write poetry?
    Why didn't you tell me that you speak so easily?
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

sahib
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Did you write that? It's really good?

If you are asking me to translate that into Urdu then it's beyond my skills. I thought you were asking me to translate something from Urdu to English.

Comment

Originally posted by sahib View Post
        Did you write that? It's really good?

If you are asking me to translate that into Urdu then it's beyond my skills. I thought you were asking me to translate something from Urdu to English.

Yes, I wrote it and I wanted you to translate it into Urdu but no problem (I thought it would be easy for you).

Comment

Simply_Logical i think you got competition

Comment

Ya'sin very good Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek

NJ.2020 shes better then me Alhamdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Yes, I wrote it and I wanted you to translate it into Urdu but no problem (I thought it would be easy for you).
              It's a very impressive poem. You have genuine talent.

Urdu is a language created from Hindi and Arabic. It was a language used in the royal court of the Mughals. It is by design flowery and therefore suitable for poetry.

Pretty much every Bollywood love song you hear has been written in Urdu. It is a very romantic and flowery language and I wish I spoke it better but it's like my 3rd language.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

You’re both talented in your own way. Allahumma Barik

Comment

It's a very impressive poem. You have genuine talent.

Urdu is a language created from Hindi and Arabic. It was a language used in the royal court of the Mughals. It is by design flowery and therefore suitable for poetry.

Pretty much every Bollywood love song you hear has been written in Urdu. It is a very romantic and flowery language and I wish I spoke it better but it's like my 3rd language.
                  I absolutely love languages and history, I regret I wasn't into it before when I was much younger. I know if I had that influence or guidance I could have learnt more languages.

Now I don't have that motivation or time.

I would have thought Urdu is your second language after English.

I agree, I think Urdu is the language of love. In Europe they say french is but I don't see the beauty, it's not comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

No way, I am an amateur, have you seen my other writing? It's dull and looks like a primary kid wrote it.

I don't call my ones poetry and we can't even compare one another because our writing style is very different and unique to us as individuals.

Comment

No way, I am an amateur, have you seen my other writing? It's dull and looks like a primary kid wrote it.

I don't call my ones poetry and we can't even compare one another because our writing style is very different and unique to us as individuals.
                      yea we got totally different style, i couldnt write like you even if i tried

Comment

I absolutely love languages and history, I regret I wasn't into it before when I was much younger. I know if I had that influence or guidance I could have learnt more languages.

Now I don't have that motivation or time.

I would have thought Urdu is your second language after English.

I agree, I think Urdu is the language of love. In Europe they say french is but I don't see the beauty, it's not comparable.
                        Pothwari/English are my first languages. Urdu I learnt around the age of 8 or so. I can read and speak urdu but not to a high level.

French is more about the accent than the language. Urdu sounds like cool breezes on a blazing summer day. Urdu has a softness to the pronunciation that is lacking in it's parent languages of Hindi/Punjabi and Arabic.

Comment

Below are some lyrics from qawalis. Just to give you an idea of the sort of poetry that is used in them. If you don't understand. I'll explain..

Jo pata puchte the kisi ka kabhi,
                          Laapata ho gaye dekhte dekhte,

Humse ye soch kar koi wada karo,
                          Ek wade pe umre guzar jayengi,
                          Ye hai duniya yahan kitne aehl-e-wafa,
                          Bewafa ho gaye dekhte dekhte.

Maine pathar se jis ko banaya sanam,
                          Vo khuda ho gaye dekthe dekthe

Maanga jo us ne ek sitara,
                          Hum ne zameen pe chand bulaaya,

Ek mai, ek woh. Aur shaamein kaiy,
                          Chand roshan thay tab asmaan mai kaiy,

yeah ishq nahi aasan, bus itna samajh li jiye
                          ik aag ka darya hai, aur doob ke paar jana hai

sata'tay ho din raat jiss tarah mujh ko,
                          kisi ghair ko yoon sata ker to daikho,

kabhi pardah kabhi jalwa yeah tamasha kia hai,
                          hum na samjahy teri nazroon ka taqaza kia hai.

Comment

Pothwari/English are my first languages. Urdu I learnt around the age of 8 or so. I can read and speak urdu but not to a high level.

French is more about the accent than the language. Urdu sounds like cool breezes on a blazing summer day. Urdu has a softness to the pronunciation that is lacking in it's parent languages of Hindi/Punjabi and Arabic.
                            Oh ok

I don't find the French accent flattering or romantic. I studied French for GCSEs and enjoyed it but it's not a language I admire so much.

Nothing can compete with Arabic though.

Comment

Oh ok

I don't find the French accent flattering or romantic. I studied French for GCSEs and enjoyed it but it's not a language I admire so much.

Nothing can compete with Arabic though.

I really like the French and Irish accents. So i guess it comes down to a matter of taste.

When you say Arabic, I assume you're referring to Quran recital which can be like music. When it comes to Arabic as a spoken language it's very different. I find it quite harsh and guttural. Hearing Arabs talk reminds me of Afghans talking. Not a pleasant experience for the ears. German and Russian are similar in tone too.

Comment

Working...
                              X