Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and Children first

Please Re-update your Signature

Wow. This begs the question: what else have you published?

Peace,

Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Gibran
      Wow. This begs the question: what else have you published?

Peace,

Gibran
      Gibran,

It's not as glamorous as it sounds I'm afraid! Credit needs to go to Liz Rougvie of the Black Watch Museum, who spent a lot of her time educating me as to the history of the Black Watch Regiment.

I publish a luxury magazine for British expats at director or executive level and I neither have the time nor the writing skills to produce articles such as this. This article is one from a regular feature where I try to highlight little known acts of outstanding bravery.

I've recently been speaking with some relatives of soldiers who fought in WWII, they are particularly keen to pass on some of the memories that their fathers/husbands/uncles shared with them. Some of their stories almost defy belief and make you feel very humble. When I work on the magazine, it is this section that gives me the most pleasure, it's not done in an attempt to glorify war, just to try to highlight how ordinary men and women have the capacity to perform such selfless acts.

If it's deemed acceptable, I'll post the next one here too.

Regards

Comment

If you don't post it here -- the above is barely pertinent for this forum -- PM me copy or a link. I'm interested.

Peace,

Gibran

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X