This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noobz View Post
    people who memorize the quran but don;t know its meaning ... is anything said about them in hadiths? .....

cause mostly in south asian communities , parents send their kids to memorize quran, when its done then thats it. They don't know the meaning or anything other than becoming memorizers of the Quran.
    true

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by StairwayToHeaven View Post

I am going to start memorising the Quran, but as time goes by, my responsibilites increase, I have found Anki, but I don;t know how to copy the whole Quran onto the app, so can I have a copy of your anki deck
      There is a website called quran

https://quran.com/?local=en

In sha Allah you will succeed!
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

people who memorize the quran but don;t know its meaning ... is anything said about them in hadiths? .....

cause mostly in south asian communities , parents send their kids to memorize quran, when its done then thats it. They don't know the meaning or anything other than becoming memorizers of the Quran.
        II am not sure but perhaps you refer to hadith such as the following?

أَكْثَرُ مُنَافِقِي أُمَّتِي قُرَّاؤُهَا

Most of the munaafiqs of my Ummah are its reciters

'Abdullah [bin Mas'ud] narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

"In the end of time there will come a people young in years, foolish in minds, reciting the Qur'an which will not go beyond their throats, uttering sayings from the best of creatures, going through the religion as an arrow goes through the target."

[Jaami' al-Tirmidhi]

Narrated Al-Hasan:

that 'Imran bin Husain passed by a reciter reciting then he began begging. So he ('Imran) said: 'Indeed we are from Allah and to Him shall we return.' Then he said: 'I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying: 'Whoever recites the Qur'an, then let him ask Allah by it. For indeed there will come a people, who will recite the Qur'an, asking from the people because of it.'"

[Jaami' al-Tirmidhi]
        Watch those eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post

II am not sure but perhaps you refer to hadith such as the following?

أَكْثَرُ مُنَافِقِي أُمَّتِي قُرَّاؤُهَا

Most of the munaafiqs of my Ummah are its reciters

'Abdullah [bin Mas'ud] narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

"In the end of time there will come a people young in years, foolish in minds, reciting the Qur'an which will not go beyond their throats, uttering sayings from the best of creatures, going through the religion as an arrow goes through the target."

[Jaami' al-Tirmidhi]

Narrated Al-Hasan:

that 'Imran bin Husain passed by a reciter reciting then he began begging. So he ('Imran) said: 'Indeed we are from Allah and to Him shall we return.' Then he said: 'I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying: 'Whoever recites the Qur'an, then let him ask Allah by it. For indeed there will come a people, who will recite the Qur'an, asking from the people because of it.'"

[Jaami' al-Tirmidhi]
          what is the name of that book which you once quoted about some student who became shafi and told his hanafi dad that wouldn't he want at least one person in his family to be muslim.

Comment

what is the name of that book which you once quoted about some student who became shafi and told his hanafi dad that wouldn't he want at least one person in his family to be muslim.
            I quoted that?
            Watch those eyes

Comment

I quoted that?
              yes you did , need the name of that book

Comment

Truth is I don't remember.....
                Watch those eyes

Comment

You aren't referring to the book Madhhabi fanaticism in Islamic history for which I made a thread as well are you?
                  Watch those eyes

Comment

You aren't referring to the book Madhhabi fanaticism in Islamic history for which I made a thread as well are you?
                    yes that one

what was the name of the book?

Comment

• Its an Arabic book.

التعصب المذهبي في التاريخ الإسلامي مظاهره ، آثاره ، أسبابه ، علاجه

Madhhabi Fanaticism in Islamic history, its manifestations, effects, causes, and cure.

It can be downloaded from the following link

https://www.almeshkat.net/book/3401
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

Working...
                      X