This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Memorize the Quran and Never Forget it

The Quran Courses Online Acadmy https://www.thequrancourses.com .
    Qualified tutors, One to one lessons via Skype, lowest fee, 2 Classes free trial, no advance fee, payments via PayPal, Visa or Master Card.

Email: [email protected]
    Phone: +447498997371
    WhatsApp: +201223907739

Comment

Assalamualaykum, can anyone please elaborate on the spaced interval method? Should you start the spaced review after strong memorization or just when it's barely there in your memory?
      Shukran.

[MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION]
      Last edited by budi.sudaryo; 31-07-17, 10:44 AM.
      I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

quran memorization tips

sorry I don't have any but I hope others can share helpful tips. whether its for improving memory, motivation or attention span any thing will probably be of some use to someone.
        Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Re: quran memorization tips

We have a long hifdh experience thread which is full of tips and advice.

Don't keep changing teachers although having more than one teacher has it's benefits. Don't spend so much time checking the recitation of others and helping others when you should be putting that time towards your own hifdh.
          Make sure your teacher is someone you respect and make sure you give them the respect they deserve.

As for practical things
          repetition is the only way it's going to stay, keep it simple...keep repeating until you have memorised that portion for the day, how you repeat is up to you
          review in night prayers and get into the habit of praying it regularly because it is not right for someone who has memorized the quran to not pray something at night
          Have high aims and clear intentions on why you are doing this
          شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
          فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
          وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
          ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

^saw it. there are good tips in it but it would be nice to hear individual's methods and how they overcame barriers a lot face when learning

I think common problems are not having the mental stamina to sit somewhere and read for an hour or finding the time to do it. I often make a million excuses in my head once I sit down and find it hard to put the thoughts off. In the morning its you're tired wait til later, and later its too distracting with everything bustling wait til night when its calm, at night its go to sleep and do it when you feel fresh in the morning
            Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
              ^saw it. there are good tips in it but it would be nice to hear individual's methods and how they overcame barriers a lot face when learning

I think common problems are not having the mental stamina to sit somewhere and read for an hour or finding the time to do it. I often make a million excuses in my head once I sit down and find it hard to put the thoughts off. In the morning its you're tired wait til later, and later its too distracting with everything bustling wait til night when its calm, at night its go to sleep and do it when you feel fresh in the morning
              That's where a teacher becomes very useful especially one who you know will not shy away from being stern with you if you don't do your portion for that day
              ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

[MENTION=110056]Umm Uthmaan[/MENTION]
                ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

[MENTION=111562]hadmatter[/MENTION] I believe we should Live with the Qur'an and the memorization will follow afterwards insha'Allah. We need to build a very special unique "Love/ hope/ fear relationship" with our Creator through his words ( Qur'an).

Personally, I'd recommend the following:

1- Recite the Surah if it's short or divide it into parts if it's long ( let's say on page at a time or it could be half page according to your capacity and time). Sahaba used to do 10 verses at a time only.

2-Use mind-maps
                  There 're mind maps for every Surah of the Qur'an ( I have them in Arabic) but I'm sure u can find them in the English language as well ( google it). The goal of these mind-maps is to allow one to visualise the main themes of each chapter in a single page. They make it easy for you to remember the main ideas of each Surah, the topics/ incidents it deals with. Thus, It makes it way easier to memorize.

3- Read the tafseer of these verses or Surah. Because Understanding what we read and the reason or incidents behind it make it fixed in our brains.

4- Repetition.

4- Review in night prayer, as [MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION] said earlier.

5- Makw dua'a that Allah help u to memorize Qur'an and make it act as intercessor for you.

6- Try your best to Implement Quran in your daily life. Do not make the Qur'an an opponent, i.e., to testify against you.

It's said that it took some companion of Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) long years to memorize one Surah and the Quran was revealed in their own language.

Originally posted by Fitnah Bolice View Post

This is because the way that the Sahabah would study the Quran is that they would take ten ayaat at a time only. They would study these ten ayaat, study the eemaan, the ilm, the halal and the haram in these ayaat. They would memorize the ayaat and apply its rulings to their lives. They would not move onto the next ten ayaat until they had brought their lives into compliance with the first ten. The Quran thus became alive and second nature to them, its knowledge was not wasted and lost.
                  7- You 're going through a lifetime enjoyable journey with the words of Allah. So, don't rush memorization and reaching the end of Surah. Take your time, contemplate slowly and enjoy. ( as if you drinking your favorite coffee you sipping it slowly and enjoying every bit of it's taste ). You know that feeling when u savor something, you enjoy it so much that you want to make it last forever. It should be like that with Qur'an and to Allah and his words ( Qur'an) belongs the utmost example of perfection, of course.

Check this link https://islamqa.info/en/7966

May Allah help us all to memorize Qur'an, work upon it and make it our guide to Paradise
                  How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

why merge two completely different topics because they both have a similar subject? I stated mine was for people who have difficulty with attention/boredom not forgetting.

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
                      Assalamualaykum, can anyone please elaborate on the spaced interval method? Should you start the spaced review after strong memorization or just when it's barely there in your memory?
                      Shukran.

[MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION]
                      The method is for those who fail using the traditional method. I could not remember using the traditional method. This method, in contrast, allowed me not only to remember what I memorized but recall from memory without having to review the page beforehand.

It depends on the individual and how he uses it. There was a user on this thread who had problems with 10 Juz. He used the method to strengthen it. Once his memorization was strengthened he incorporated it into his traditional method.

So, it really depends on how you use it.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

[MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION] jazzak Allah khair. I get benefit from this thread Alhamdulliah.
                        How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

i have done 8 parahs [i.e 23rd to 30th] but I do not remember them.
                          can you make a plan for me?

Comment

Working...
                          X