This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Memorize the Quran and Never Forget it

I am adding Half Juz per day not a surah. For example 12 (1) means 1st half of Juz 12, 12 (2) 2nd half of Juz 12 and so on.

NM New Memorization
    OM Old Memorization
    (1) 1st Half of Juz
    (2) 2nd Half of Juz

Your lead in page is definitely a good idea .. go ahead with it.

Comment

Brother Yasin Arsha can you please share your deck with which you learnt 5000 words of Arabic?

Comment

Brother Yasir personally I think 250% is a little to much for a page, but if you have good memory then that might work out well. And thanks for explaining the lead page. That is what I do but I didn't know how to explain it! Wish you the best of luck!
        Watch those eyes

Comment

Perhaps you are right Zeeshan, 250% may be too much, I have set it now to 150%.

Nidaelahi, you have been using a 150% interval right? How is that working out for you? I rather have some tips from experienced users because it will take another week or running the algorithm to find out my own results.

Also, I have found that instead of playing with only the Starting ease percentage (that controls the interval for new cards) in the reviewing tab in options there is a "interval modifier" that can also be adjusted as a percentage of the original algorithm, I have not adjusted it yet but may in the future.

Jazakallahukhair,

Jazakallahukhair,

Comment

For the Arabic words, I created all of the Arabic words that I learned from my Arabic textbook "Arabiyyatu Bayna Yaddayk", its been mentioned before that Anki is a RETENTION algorithm and not a LEARNING algorithm. Uploading 5000 cards into anki and then trying to memorize and retain them is going to be more frustrating than anything. For Arabic, what helped me was that I learned the word in the textbook, I learned how to use the arabic vocabulary word THEN I put it into Anki in order to help retain it.

Similar to how we are doing for Hifdh, we memorize the pages and THEN we put it into Anki, we don't put notecards for pages we haven't memorized yet otherwise it would be very frustrating and we would just keep hitting "again". So although I can upload the notecards no problem, I really don't think that they would be beneficial to you. If you would like to learn Arabic Vocabulary, I recommend purchasing the book Arabic Between your hands (Arabiyyatu Bayna Yaddayk) from Amazon, and there is a brother on Youtube who explains the book word by word, just type in the title of the book on youtube, or find a shaykh or teacher who can teach you. Much better than notecards/anki! :)

Hope that is helpful. Jazakallahukhair.

Comment

*Bump*

Asalamualaykum,

Any updates?! Wondering how everyone is doing using Anki.... ?

I'm still in the beginning stages, have only about 20 pages in so far. Adding a page/2 pages a day.

Comment

Walykumussalaam,

Ok here's my situation. I just have 1 card left to add... And the cards which contained 20 juz of my Quran memorized earlier have become very good... as i can now read them with a gap of 8 days without having to revise once.. ( i used gaps of 1day,3d,5d or 6d, 8d and 12d)

My plan is to now put those 20 juz in a daily revision cycle of 2 juz so they will repeat every 10 days.

As for my 10 juz which were memorized towards the end of my hifz. They were good till 3days but once i gave 6 days gap they have become kinda weak (still better than before using spaced repitition). so I plan to readd these 10 juz in my schedule starting from tomorrow and using gaps of 1d,3d,5d,8d,12d. Once done

I plan to revise 3 juz daily not in sequence but instead like this :- day 1- Juz 1,11,21 day 2 - Juz 2,12,22 and so on.

Originally posted by YasinArshad View Post
                *Bump*

Asalamualaykum,

Any updates?! Wondering how everyone is doing using Anki.... ?

I'm still in the beginning stages, have only about 20 pages in so far. Adding a page/2 pages a day.

Comment

Jazakallah for this software.

It is very confusing reading it like this without installing the software. As soon as I get on PC I will install it.
                  الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

This thread should be sticky.

Comment

Agree.

So anybody who has learned from a 13 line Quran can do this too? Because if you can't, then there is a problem. I have only learned from the 13 line Quran and I can't review on a 16 one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                        Agree.

So anybody who has learned from a 13 line Quran can do this too? Because if you can't, then there is a problem. I have only learned from the 13 line Quran and I can't review on a 16 one.
                        You can do this regardless of which Quran you have memorized from.
                        Watch those eyes

Comment

OK I installed it and now I can upload images too and make a deck but still it is very confusing.

So at the moment the situation is I am working on juzz 7 and 8 only and the first half of 8 I know very well but still I revise it everyday. I wanna start juzz 7 which I know just ok but I wanna memorize it four pages a day (or two rukoos a day).

So do I make one card of four pages? and so on make a whole deck of juzz 7?

About juzz 8, first half I know brilliantly so can I make one card of whole first half and revise it like every second or third day? Does it work like that?

Comment

So at the moment the situation is I am working on juzz 7 and 8 only and the first half of 8 I know very well but still I revise it everyday. I wanna start juzz 7 which I know just ok but I wanna memorize it four pages a day (or two rukoos a day).

So do I make one card of four pages? and so on make a whole deck of juzz 7?
                            Yes you can do it that way. You can make a card of the Rub' that you memorize.

About juzz 8, first half I know brilliantly so can I make one card of whole first half and revise it like every second or third day? Does it work like that?
                            Yes you could make a card of the first half but the program will not make you revise every second or third day. Instead, it will first get you to revise after 3 days and then keep increasing the interval. That is why its called spaced repetition. It keeps increasing the interval periods because every time you review something it becomes stronger in your memory and now you can recall it after a period which is longer than the last.
                            Watch those eyes

Comment

Jazakallah. I've created a deck in which there is a card named Juzz 8 first half which is due today. I will review it tonight and click easy which it will make me review the 4th day.

I don't understand the 'again 1 minute' bit though. For example I'm learned a new page and I have to keep repeating it over and over again. So shall I keep hitting 'again' over and over until it is 'good' then when i hit 'good' it makes me repeat it one more time then the time goes to '1 day'.

That is the correct way right? Cuz I might take two to three days learning a new page.

Comment

Jazakallah. I've created a deck in which there is a card named Juzz 8 first half which is due today. I will review it tonight and click easy which it will make me review the 4th day.

I don't understand the 'again 1 minute' bit though. For example I'm learned a new page and I have to keep repeating it over and over again. So shall I keep hitting 'again' over and over until it is 'good' then when i hit 'good' it makes me repeat it one more time then the time goes to '1 day'.

That is the correct way right? Cuz I might take two to three days learning a new page.
                                Oh yeah that is the learning timer which you need to set in minutes. Click on a deck. Then click on options and you will see a tab about learning. Click that and you will see the seconds you can set for learning. The learning is if you are actually learning something with the program. Otherwise just set it to 0 or 1440 for one day if you want to review what you have memorized after one day. After the learning seconds elapse then the program actually puts the deck into the days mentioned on good which is either 3 or 6 depending on your settings.

If you actually want to use the learning for the new pages you put in then I would suggest the following timings for the learning 10 minutes, 300 minutes (5 hours) and 1440 minutes for one day. That way you revise the page after 10 minutes then 5 hours and then 1 day.

Also remember to change the settings for "ignore after so many seconds" setting in the options. I have explained this above. If it s not clear let me know and I'll try to put up pictures for a better explanation.
                                Watch those eyes

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X