This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Memorize the Quran and Never Forget it

Additionally, I urge everyone who reads this thread to pass on knowledge about spaced repetition to everyone they know. This phenomenon offers unlimited possibilities. You can memorize anything including Hadith, Fiqh, Names of Hadith Narrators, Medical Diseases (for medical students), Math formulas, etc.

This program will help you in every field of knowledge be it wordy or for the Hereafter. There was one person who memorized over 200,000 facts using this program! I have read one person say that this didn't work while everyone else agrees to its effectiveness.

The only catch is that you must review at the time scheduled. If you do not then you will forget. Anyway, pass on the knowledge and gain Swab for everyone who benefits from it!
    Watch those eyes

Comment

Ok, Neighbor here is the first screen shot you will see when you open up the program

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen1.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	10742311

I think when you run it the first time you might not see it but if you do simply use the profile which already exists. Click it and Click Open

Then you will see this screenshot

Name:	screen2.png
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	10742312

Now Click on Create Deck Option below

A screen will open up asking you for the name of the Deck. Enter the Same of the Surah, the pages, of which you want to put in it. For example, since you have memorized Surah 94 Enter As-Shrah as the Name

Then click Ok

Now Click on the Name of the Surah and the following Screen will show up

Name:	screen3.png
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	10742313

On this Screen click the Add button and the following screen will pop up

Name:	screen5.png
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	10742315

Now on this screen you will see two boxes one labeled Front and the Second labeled Back

On the front enter Revise Surah As-Shrah

And on the Back you can enter the page number on which the Surah is found in your Quran or you can add a picture of the page which has Ash-Shrah on it by clicking the insert image button which is shown in the picture below

Name:	screen4.png
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	10742314

Finally, click Add.

Now If you want add another Surah or Click Close

Now you will have returned to the previous screen. Click study and once you have reviewed the Surah choose a grade as to if it was easy or hard. The program will schedule the Next Review. All you need to do is click the study button when the time comes. That's it!

Whenever, you want to add a new Surah just repeat the above steps! If you want to break up a Surah when you get to the long ones, just enter the part you want to revise in the Front of the Card as "Recite first 3 pages from this Surah." Then either add a picture of those three pages on the Back portion of the card or add their numbers. That way you can break up the longer Surahs. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
      Last edited by ZeeshanParvez; 06-11-13, 06:21 PM.
      Watch those eyes

Comment

Ahh, sounds good I will try it out Insha Allah.

Very helpful post, JazakAllah Khair.

So when I choose the grade on this Surah Insha Allah, do I repeat the same process you mentioned with another Surah and on and on?
        Allāhu akbar

Comment

Assalaamualykum,

Brother Zeeshan i got a readymade Deck with 80% of words of Quran and also Meanings of words from Quran Juz 30 backwards. So i just imported and i have started studying daily 20 words Alhumdulillah :)

here is the link

https://ankiweb.net/shared/decks/arabic

Jazak'Allah Khairan akhi... you have really helped alot... Im sure i can follow a structured way to learn Quranic words now and not to mention Strengthen my Hifz :)

Even i feel easy study intervals are too long so i just select Good all the time :)

Comment

Originally posted by neighbour View Post
            Ahh, sounds good I will try it out Insha Allah.

Very helpful post, JazakAllah Khair.

So when I choose the grade on this Surah Insha Allah, do I repeat the same process you mentioned with another Surah and on and on?
            Yes. Use the same process to add the next Surahs. But remember that don't add all the Surahs in one day. Spread them out. Because whatever you add, multiply by 10 and that is what you can expect to have to review if you keep adding consistently.

So if you keep adding one surah every day for a month, you can expect to have to revise 10 Surahs in one day for a short period of time. So add slowly so it doesn't pile up.
            Watch those eyes

Comment

Just a question to those who read this thread. Do you think I should make a whole website with this information? I was going to but then I didn't. But seeing that it is helping people do you think a website would be a good idea?

I already registered a domain name a long time ago howtomemorizequran.com.
              Watch those eyes

Comment

If you've already got a domain name, why not use it I guess. Plus if you think of the good deeds you could get by helping others to memorize the Qur'an. I say go ahead. I don't mind checking it out and if I can check if it's easy to use etc.
                Allāhu akbar

Comment

:salams

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                  Just a question to those who read this thread. Do you think I should make a whole website with this information? I was going to but then I didn't. But seeing that it is helping people do you think a website would be a good idea?

I already registered a domain name a long time ago howtomemorizequran.com.

"If you build it they will come"
                  Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Go ahead with the website bro... It will be Sadaqah Jariyah insha'Allah

I can't' wait to see results of this method over a period of time
                    Last edited by nidaelahi; 07-11-13, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Assalamun alaikum

I am interested in doing this....i was wondering how do u upload pages of quran????
                      Can u plz gve a step to step guide

Comment

this thread needs to be made sticky

may Allah imcrease you

Comment

ok i manage to uploaded a a page of quran..but when i go into it show a blank page with a tab saying show ans... and the wen i press on the tab it take me to the page of uploaded page of surah...soooooooooo...this is gona sound soooo sillly i how do i revise...do revise looking /without looking...after memorise without looking i check the quran page to see if got it right??

Comment

Originally posted by nutty123 View Post
                            ok i manage to uploaded a a page of quran..but when i go into it show a blank page with a tab saying show ans... and the wen i press on the tab it take me to the page of uploaded page of surah...soooooooooo...this is gona sound soooo sillly i how do i revise...do revise looking /without looking...after memorise without looking i check the quran page to see if got it right??
                            Could you upload a screenshot of the blank.page you are seeing so that I may be able to better guide you?
                            Watch those eyes

Comment

Assalaamualykum

Brother Zeeshan... can you tell use more about your story... since how long have you been using this method? and more details

What do you do when the space goes upto 18 to 27 days between revision ?? isn't it too long.... ?? I was thinking i use to to reach 18 days gap and then put it my 15 day cycle of Quran

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
                                Assalaamualykum

Brother Zeeshan... can you tell use more about your story... since how long have you been using this method? and more details

What do you do when the space goes upto 18 to 27 days between revision ?? isn't it too long.... ?? I was thinking i use to to reach 18 days gap and then put it my 15 day cycle of Quran
                                Well, I think I have been using it for more than six months. I deleted my previous deck of cards because I lost my temper at something. And when I lose my temper I do silly things. At that time I had over 100 pages in the program. After deleting them I started over again. I once again have 100 pages which different from the ones I had previously. So you can say I have used this method for 200 pages or close to 1/3 of the Quran I have memorized since the Quran I use has a total of 560 pages.

I should also mention that I used a different program but which also employed spaced repetition to individually review each Verse from the Last 10 Juz for about a month. But it got to the point where I had to revise 200 Verses a day since I was entering individual Verses. And that slowed me down. So I started adding pages instead.

What I have noticed is that even when I review the pages which I had in my previous deck and have not reviewed them for months, I can usually complete a Juz in 1 hour. This is something which I could not do when I used the Traditional Method of Memorization. Using that method it would take me more than half an hour to do 1/4 of a Juz and that is if I had not seen the Juz for only 2 weeks. So, I for one have greatly benefited from this method.

However, it must be noted that spaced repetition works best with information which is small. A page of the Quran is very large. So you might or might not be able to recall it all without looking. But by quick glances I am able to recall everything. I usually read over the page either in my mind or by reciting which takes about one minute and thirty seconds. Then I recall it in the second recitation which takes another one minute and thirty to forty seconds. Sometimes, I might need to recall it a second or third time since my previous recalls were not that great. So usually I end up revising a a page in max 6 minutes as opposed to the 15 to 20 minutes per page without this method.

I remember I was able to recall the first page of وما لي and قال فما خطبكم without looking after a month without any mistakes. So it is obvious that the program has the potential to send a page into your long term memory to such an extent that you do not need to even look at it and can recall it after a month without problem.

Results will differ among individuals. As for your question, well my goal is to have all of the Quran in my memory to such an extent that I can revise one Juz in 1 hour. I can do that thanks first to Allah and then to this program with more than half of the Quran. After I can do it with the rest of the half then I plan on just reviewing a Juz everyday so that one Juz will be repeated after every 30 days.

Finally, I would like to point out that regardless of how good spaced repetition is, we must not forget that the Book of Allah is not like wordy things. The Prophet (PBUH) said:

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْعَلاَءِ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ، عَنْ بُرَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِي بُرْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ تَعَاهَدُوا الْقُرْآنَ فَوَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَهُوَ أَشَدُّ تَفَصِّيًا مِنَ الإِبِلِ فِي عُقُلِهَا ‏

The Prophet (PBUH said, "Keep on reciting the Qur'an, for, by Him in Whose Hand my life is, Qur'an runs away (is forgotten) faster than camels that are released from their tying ropes." [Bukhari]

So once you use the program and get to a point where you can easily recall every page of a Juz after 30 days, then you should start revising that Juz each day. Ofcourse to get to that point you will need to revise pages after a period which exceeds one month.

I must also add, that when using the Traditional Method when I looked back at a page which I had memorized it sometimes seemed so new that I thought I had never memorized it. But using this method I have never come across a page which gave me that feeling. Hope that helps!
                                Last edited by ZeeshanParvez; 08-11-13, 11:47 AM.
                                Watch those eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X