Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Madd Tajweed

Assalamu alaikum,

Usually I listen to a reciter and try to mimic their tajweed but I had a question about Tajweed al madd, am I required to perform tajweed madd when reciting?

For those who are unsure what I mean when I say tajweed madd, which really is making the word long, here is an example from Surah Al-Kahf

For example in 18:54

وَلَقَدْ صَرَّفْنَا فِى هَٰذَا ٱلْقُرْءَانِ لِلنَّاسِ مِن كُلِّ مَثَلٍۢ ۚ وَكَانَ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ أَكْثَرَ شَىْءٍۢ جَدَلً

The words

لِلنَّاسِ مِن
    are what I mean when I say tajweed madd

Other words where madd is used is in the same ayat is

ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ
    and

شَىْءٍۢ

So thats my question, I am trying to memorize the quran and wanna be sure I don't go about it the wrong way.

Jazakhalakhair

ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ This is Called -The Natural Lengthening (Al-Madd At-tabee’ee) المــد الطبيعى two vowel counts. Included in natural madd is the group of letters. ( حى طهـر ) you can see here all lesson
    شَىْءٍۢ this is madd The Lengthening with a Presented Sukoon : المــد العارض للسكون Elongate 2, 4 or 6 counts his occurs when there is a sukoon placed on a letter by the reader due to stopping in the recitation (whether in the middle or end of an ayah). e here all lesson

Comment

There are different types of madd. At least a simple madd, which is basically the long vowel, is always wajib-obligatory. Madd Muttasil, e.g. شاء , should be at least two-times longer.
      قل آمنت بالله ثم استقم

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X