Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes about the Qur'an

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    Here I will post quotes from the Qur'an/sunnah/salaf about the benefits and virtues of reciting, memorizing and understanding the Qur'an. The purpose of this thread is to motivate ourselves to build a closer relationship with the words of Allah.

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “Verily Allah has His own people among mankind.” They said: O Messenger of Allah, who are they? He said: “They are the people of the Qur’an, Allah’s own people and those who are closest to Him.”
    Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

The House in which the Qur'an is Recited

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:
    “Do not make your houses into graves, for the Shaytaan flees from a house in which Surat al-Baqarah is recited.”

[Narrated by Muslim (780)]

It is reported that ‘Abdullāh b. Masʿūd رضي الله عنه said:
    The house in which the Qur’ān is not recited is like a derelict house that has no one to maintain it.

It is also reported that he said:
    Verily the emptiest of houses are those that are empty of the Book of Allāh.

It is reported that Abū Hurayrah رضي الله عنه used to say about the house in which the Qur’ān is recited:
    It becomes spacious for its inhabitants, the good of it becomes plentiful, the angels come to it and the devils leave it. And the house in which the Qur’ān is not recited becomes cramped for its inhabitants, has little good in it, and the devils come to it.

[Ibn Abī Shaybah, Al-Muṣannaf articles 30645, 30647 and 30650]

Comment

Uthmān ibn Affān رضي الله عنه said:
      I hate for even one day to pass by me, without having looked inside the Qur'an once.

[البداية والنهاية 7/215]

Imam Nawawi رحمه الله said:
      Reciting the Qur'an is the most important of adhkar, which should be done regularly. No day or night should be without and it may be attained by reciting a few verses.

[كتاب الأذكار للنووي 2/1225]

Comment

Jazak Allah khair
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Khabbāb ibn al-Aratt رضي الله عنه said:
          “Do whatever you wish to attain closeness to Allāh, but know that you will never attain closeness to Allāh with anything more beloved to Him than his own speech [i.e. the Qur’ān].”

Musannaf ibn Abi Shaybah 10/510

Comment

:قال الفضيل رحمه الله
            إنما نزل القرآن ليعمل به، فاتخذ الناس قراءته عملا
            [أخلاق حملة القرآن للاجري ۳۸]

Fudayl - may Allah have mercy on him - said:
            The Qur'an was sent down in order for it to be acted upon. But the people took reciting it as the (only) action (required).

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	118f69771241638c0e21cb69df4325bf.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	12688225

We have not sent down the Qur’an unto you to cause you distress [Taha : 2]

Qatādah said, “No, by Allah, He did not make it a thing of distress. Rather, He made it a mercy, a light and a guide to Paradise.”

Comment

عَنْ عُثْمَان رَضِيَ الله عَنْهُ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ ﷺ قَالَ
                خَيْرُكُمْ مَنْ تَعَلَّمَ الْقُرْآنَ وَعَلَّمَه

[5027 صحيح البخاري]

The Prophet ﷺ said, "The best of you are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it."

Comment

Al-Haafidh Ibn Rajab said:

One of the Salaf (righteous predecessors) said:

"Whenever my portion of reciting the Qur'an would increase, the Barakah (blessings) in my time would increase. And I would not cease increasing in reciting until the amount of my recitation reached ten Juz."

[Thail Tabaqaat-il-Hanabilah (3/205)]

قال أحد السلف: كلما زاد حزبي من القرآن، زادت البركة في وقتي، ولا زلت أزيد حتى بلغ حزبي عشرة أجزاء

Comment

How the Salaf were with the Qur'an in Ramadan

Abdullah bin Masud would complete the Qur'ān every three days during Ramadan.

Uthman ibn Affan would finish the Qur'ān everyday in Ramadan at least once, so within the whole month he would finish the Qur'ān 30 times. In fact, it has been authentically transmitted that Uthman would complete the whole Qur'ān in one Rakah.

Tamam ad-Dari would also complete whole Qur'ān in one Rakah.

It was authentically transmitted from Imam ash Shafi'i that he would finish the Qur'an twice everyday, meaning he would complete the Qur'an in total 60 times in the month of Ramadan.

Imam Mālik had the biggest gatherings in the city of Madinah. 40,000 people would attend his Halaqāt and even then, he would not teach during the month of Ramadan. Imam Mālik would leave the Halaqah and read the Qur'an in the Rawdah, and complete the Qur'an in that sitting.

Sufyan ath-Thawri would leave every optional 'ibadāh and would stick to the Qur'ān when the month of Ramadan would enter.

Az-Zuhri was one who when the month of Ramadan entered, he would flee from the reading of books of Hadith and sitting with scholars, and he would turn towards the recitation of the Qur'an from the Mushaf. He would also say upon the entering of Ramadan, "It is just reciting of the Qur'an and feeding of the poor."

Imam al-Bukhari would complete the Qur'ān everyday in the month of Ramadan and would say that after every completion of Qur'ān the Dua' is accepted.

Qatadah used to constantly complete the Qur'ān every 7 nights, and during the month of Ramadan he would complete the recitation of the Qur'an every 3 nights.

Within the last ten nights, Qatadah would complete the Qur'an every night.

Ibrahim an-Nakha'i used to complete the recitation of the Qur'an every 3 nights and in the last 10 nights of Ramadan, he would complete the Qur'an every 2 nights.

Al-Aswad used to recite the Qur'ān every 2 nights throughout the month of Ramadan.

Comment

Working...
                    X